It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Eddie Vedder solo tonite at the Auditorium Theatre. An exceptionally cool venue, great acoustics.

Face value tickets were like $175ea and when I got my Ten Club email I was like FUCK that. The prices have completely bottomed out on the secondary market, so I just grabbed two in the upper balcony for $40ea. Pretty stoked!

If anyone is interested, there's quite a few tickets available for <$50-$60

Have fun. Looks like they are doing a lot of covers and deep cuts. I heard they did Dirty Frank earlier this week. Haven’t listened to his solo album.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
When Eddie is by himself can you understand him? Or is he still trying to be Dylan?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He has 'The Earthlings' band with him, though Josh had to skip the show last minute due to Covid issues. I guess they found out he would be down at about 7:15pm which lead to them learning 'Free World' and 'Lukin' really quickly and some setlist shuffling.

Quote:
Eddie Vedder & The Earthlings
Auditorium Theatre
February 10, 2022
Chicago, IL
Show Two Set List

Eddie Vedder
Intro music at 9:16
Intro Music: On My Way-from the album Earthling
Band Onstage: 9:17
Band Offstage: 11:15

Earthlings Band:
Chris Chaney: Bass
Glen Hansard: Guitars, Keys, bg vocals
Josh Klinghoffer: Guitars, Keys, bg vocals (Absent tonight)
Chad Smith: Drums
Andrew Watt: Guitars, bg vocals

Opening: Glen Hansard 8 pm

Earthlings Set List
01. Room At The Top-(Petty)
02. I’ll Be Waiting-(Vedder, Hansard)-from the Flag Day sound track {Ed and Glen trade lead vocals}
03. Invincible-from the album Earthling
04. The Dark-from the album Earthling
05. Power Of Right-from the album Earthling
(Ed mentions the struggles to get the tour going, traveling on the East Coast with bad weather. Mentions he had Covid and that reduced rehearsals, "From about two weeks to two days," and now Josh is out today. Something similar)
06. Long Way-from the album Earthling
07. Wishlist
08. Brother The Cloud-from the album Earthling
(Ed sees 9 year old Devin in the front row. Says he might be the youngest he's ever seen in the front row. Asks if he wants a drink, and evidently the kid said Bourbon. "Bourbon, you want some goddam bourbon? Well, this is Chicago lets get this kid some bourbon!" Later, Ed gives him a red solo cup with "bourbon" that was safe for kids.)
09. Fallout Today--from the album Earthling
10. Try-from the album Earthling
11. Chad-O (drum solo)
12. Rose Of Jericho
13. Tender Mercies-from the Flag Day sound track {Ed and Glen trade lead vocals}
14. Timeless Melody-(L.A. Mavers) La’s cover
15. Corduroy (alt/fast version)
(Tells a story about seeing The Who in Rosemont and writing the logo in snow)
16. I’m One-(Townshend)
17. Porch

Encore Break

(Talks about covid and his concerns, happy he was vaccinated.)
18. Society-(Hannan) w/ Glen Hansard
19. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) w/Glen Hansard)
Ed notes the passing of local Sean Sullivan.
20. Smile
21. Lukin
22. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)

All of the PJ songs, Timeless Melody, Invincible, Rose of Jericho, and Society were all hi-lites. Andrew Watt is a great guitarist, tons of energy. Having Glen Hansard open was pretty neat. He definitely has that Irish scraggly voice thing going on. Chad Smith was really fun to watch, guy is a locamotive behind the kit. He must have tossed 25 stick to the crowd. They would be playing and all of a sudden a stick would go flying out a few rows. Eddie's voice was in really good shape. Despite the issues, the band seemed relaxed and had a lot of fun.

Was great to get out with a buddy for a spur of the moment thing. Burgers before at White Palace Grill was also nice. That's how you know you're getting old. A show in the city is with White Palace pregame instead of post.

Great night!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Frank Coztansa wrote:
He has 'The Earthlings' band with him, though Josh had to skip the show last minute due to Covid issues. I guess they found out he would be down at about 7:15pm which lead to them learning 'Free World' and 'Lukin' really quickly and some setlist shuffling.

Quote:
Eddie Vedder & The Earthlings
Auditorium Theatre
February 10, 2022
Chicago, IL
Show Two Set List

Eddie Vedder
Intro music at 9:16
Intro Music: On My Way-from the album Earthling
Band Onstage: 9:17
Band Offstage: 11:15

Earthlings Band:
Chris Chaney: Bass
Glen Hansard: Guitars, Keys, bg vocals
Josh Klinghoffer: Guitars, Keys, bg vocals (Absent tonight)
Chad Smith: Drums
Andrew Watt: Guitars, bg vocals

Opening: Glen Hansard 8 pm

Earthlings Set List
01. Room At The Top-(Petty)
02. I’ll Be Waiting-(Vedder, Hansard)-from the Flag Day sound track {Ed and Glen trade lead vocals}
03. Invincible-from the album Earthling
04. The Dark-from the album Earthling
05. Power Of Right-from the album Earthling
(Ed mentions the struggles to get the tour going, traveling on the East Coast with bad weather. Mentions he had Covid and that reduced rehearsals, "From about two weeks to two days," and now Josh is out today. Something similar)
06. Long Way-from the album Earthling
07. Wishlist
08. Brother The Cloud-from the album Earthling
(Ed sees 9 year old Devin in the front row. Says he might be the youngest he's ever seen in the front row. Asks if he wants a drink, and evidently the kid said Bourbon. "Bourbon, you want some goddam bourbon? Well, this is Chicago lets get this kid some bourbon!" Later, Ed gives him a red solo cup with "bourbon" that was safe for kids.)
09. Fallout Today--from the album Earthling
10. Try-from the album Earthling
11. Chad-O (drum solo)
12. Rose Of Jericho
13. Tender Mercies-from the Flag Day sound track {Ed and Glen trade lead vocals}
14. Timeless Melody-(L.A. Mavers) La’s cover
15. Corduroy (alt/fast version)
(Tells a story about seeing The Who in Rosemont and writing the logo in snow)
16. I’m One-(Townshend)
17. Porch

Encore Break

(Talks about covid and his concerns, happy he was vaccinated.)
18. Society-(Hannan) w/ Glen Hansard
19. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) w/Glen Hansard)
Ed notes the passing of local Sean Sullivan.
20. Smile
21. Lukin
22. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)

All of the PJ songs, Timeless Melody, Invincible, Rose of Jericho, and Society were all hi-lites. Andrew Watt is a great guitarist, tons of energy. Having Glen Hansard open was pretty neat. He definitely has that Irish scraggly voice thing going on. Chad Smith was really fun to watch, guy is a locamotive behind the kit. He must have tossed 25 stick to the crowd. They would be playing and all of a sudden a stick would go flying out a few rows. Eddie's voice was in really good shape. Despite the issues, the band seemed relaxed and had a lot of fun.

Was great to get out with a buddy for a spur of the moment thing. Burgers before at White Palace Grill was also nice. That's how you know you're getting old. A show in the city is with White Palace pregame instead of post.

Great night!

While I am a big Pearl Jam fan, a part from Into The Wild, I'm not a big fan of Vedder's solo stuff. Further, the new solo stuff sounds like awful soft rock. All that being said, you always have to see Pearl Jam/Vedder's stuff live. How did the new solo album play live?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 am 

I see Pearl Jam is back out on the road and I've been seeing a few of the setlists on social media. Some pretty good mixes of old and new. Anyone going to be able to catch them while they are out there right now? Doesn't look like they have anything closer than St Louis during this stretch.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:38 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I see Pearl Jam is back out on the road and I've been seeing a few of the setlists on social media. Some pretty good mixes of old and new. Anyone going to be able to catch them while they are out there right now? Doesn't look like they have anything closer than St Louis during this stretch.

I love Pearl Jam and if I were to ever see anyone in concert again, I suppose it would be them. But, unless it's some kind of social event, I think I'm done with concerts for the rest of my life. I have never been to a concert that I wasn't happy to see end. Which is not exactly a great dynamic when you pay a boatload for a ticket.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:10 am 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I would love to see PJ one more time. I saw them back in 1995. The wife and I saw a show in March and it was a pain in the ass. I regretted buying the tickets almost immediately. We saw a show at Red Rocks last year and while it was a cool experience it was a pain in the ass waiting in line to get in and then going up and down the stairs to buy beers after waiting 20 minutes in line.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I would love to see PJ one more time. I saw them back in 1995. The wife and I saw a show in March and it was a pain in the ass. I regretted buying the tickets almost immediately. We saw a show at Red Rocks last year and while it was a cool experience it was a pain in the ass waiting in line to get in and then going up and down the stairs to buy beers after waiting 20 minutes in line.

At my place in life I need my concerts to be like my NFL. In my living room. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

When saw I Eddie Vedder during his solo tour this past winter at the Chicago Theatre, he said, "See ya this summer," as he was saying his goodbyes at the end of the show. That likely means another show(s) at Wrigley which I'll probably attend, but I'm so over going so a non-concert venue for a concert.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
Pearl Jam is hitting the road in August and September with a nine show run starting in St. Paul, MN and ending in Austin, TX. Special guests Inhaler will open the Chicago, Indianapolis and Austin shows. Support for the St. Paul and Fort Worth dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

We can’t wait to see you out there!

Pearl Jam 2023 US Dates

Aug 31

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 2

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 5

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 7

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 10

Indianapolis, IN

Ruoff Music Center

Sept 13

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 15

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 18

Austin, TX

Moody Center

Sept 19

Austin, TX

Moody Center

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
Pearl Jam is hitting the road in August and September with a nine show run starting in St. Paul, MN and ending in Austin, TX. Special guests Inhaler will open the Chicago, Indianapolis and Austin shows. Support for the St. Paul and Fort Worth dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

Pearl Jam 2023 US Dates

Aug 31

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 2

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 5

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 7

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 10

Indianapolis, IN

Ruoff Music Center

Sept 13

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 15

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 18

Austin, TX

Moody Center

Sept 19

Austin, TX

Moody Center

Did you get tickets? I didn't because I was afraid they would play a song off the new album.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:19 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:

Pearl Jam 2023 US Dates

Aug 31

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 2

St Paul, MN

Xcel Energy Center

Sept 5

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 7

Chicago, IL

United Center

Sept 10

Indianapolis, IN

Ruoff Music Center

Sept 13

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 15

Ft Worth, TX

Dickies Arena

Sept 18

Austin, TX

Moody Center

Sept 19

Austin, TX

Moody Center

Did you get tickets? I didn't because I was afraid they would play a song off the new album.

Come on, Gigaton was better than Lightning Bolt and Backspacer, you can do a hell of a lot worse.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:56 am 

Any thoughts on Dark Matter? I picked it up yesterday, but have only been able to give it one spin. Lyrically, it's fairly interpersonal, at least by Pearl Jam standards. Sonically, it was kind of stuck in a rut for the first few tracks, but opened up after that. I like having songs that are more personal, and fewer songs that are about politics or the environment, but I'm going to have to give it several more listens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm 

I’ve only heard the Dark Matter single. It was pretty good I guess. They can still do an upbeat harder edge tune pretty well. Need to get out and see these guys again someday. It’s been about 30 years for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
They were playing the new record on PJ radio on XM this weekend with introductions to each song from the band members. I head most of it - a lot of tracks I really liked. Much better than their last album IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I’ve only heard the Dark Matter single. It was pretty good I guess. They can still do an upbeat harder edge tune pretty well. Need to get out and see these guys again someday. It’s been about 30 years for me.

I entered the lottery for the Wrigley Field show (would it kill them to pick another venue?), but didn't get my number pulled.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:04 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I entered the lottery for the Wrigley Field show (would it kill them to pick another venue?), but didn't get my number pulled.

I'd be slightly interested in watching the nugs.net stream of the show if they offer it. Not that interested in making the trek to Wrigley to see this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
They were playing the new record on PJ radio on XM this weekend with introductions to each song from the band members. I head most of it - a lot of tracks I really liked. Much better than their last album IMO.
Agree with this. There are a couple of clunkers but its a very nu wave, fast paced album for the most part.

Warren Newson wrote:
Wrigley sucks for baseball and its worse for a concert. Seeing them at the United Center last fall had better sound, better amenities, and the travel to and from via car was a thousand times better than it will be trying to get in and out of Wrigleyville on a holiday weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Waiting for Stevie is a great song.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
At this point, I don't expect much out of their new albums. Scared of Fear sounded like they covered one of their own songs off Backspacer. Upper Hand was kind of neat, had a Pink Floyd vibe to start. There's a few others that were good, but yeah, mostly hit or miss.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:59 am 

Wreckage is my standout track. I'm happy they broke out of that uptempo vibe they were in for the first two tracks. They both sounded like copies of Mind Your Manners off of Lightning Bolt (which in my opinion is Pearl Jam's worst album). These guys are more or less 60 now, we can't expect too much from them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Franky T wrote:
Waiting for Stevie is a great song.

Agreed, it's sticks out like a sore thumb compared with the rest of the pedestrian album.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Give me a 12 song greatest hits album and that's all I need from Pearl Jam.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14