It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
The baseball cards are a pretty cool idea. I like the white flag, the pennant and I am a sucker for the concert
posters. Still have my Ames Bros PJ poster from Summerfest in 1995.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
T-Bone wrote:
The baseball cards are a pretty cool idea. I like the white flag, the pennant and I am a sucker for the concert

Snake handler? I was a huge poster collector. Not so much anymore, but I still have about 30-40 if anyone is looking to buy! ha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah I got an email on that. Some cool stuff, but good lord....posters, baseball cards. Some of the people over on the PJ boards are planning on spending over $500 on just merchandise! I may or may not get a poster, but I will be getting a pennant and a pack of baseball cards. The flag is also pretty cool if you happen to like the sucky Cubs. I've already got plenty of PJ shirts so I'd rather get a poster and hang it up downstairs as we fix up the basement.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh...there's a couple of other shirts as well. Cooler looking shirts, IMO. At least there were in my 10Club email. Also, the merch stands are open today, tomorrow until 9pm, and Friday from Noon til they sell out I guess.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh...there's a couple of other shirts as well. At least there were in my 10Club email. Also, the merch stands are open today, tomorrow until 9pm, and Friday from Noon til they sell out I guess.

The only reason I would be buying any of this stuff is to sell it on the secondary market. Don't really have a connected interest in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
As a Big Fan of t-shirts, I will probably pick one up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yeah I mean I'm a pretty big jamhead, but I don't know how some of those people can pay literally hundreds of dollars for a freaking poster. I get that they are cool and unique to each show and all, I just can't fathom spending $500+ on merchandise (that isn't a guitar or a meet & greet) for a concert.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Snake handler? I was a huge poster collector. Not so much anymore, but I still have about 30-40 if anyone is looking to buy! ha

Yes it is the Snake Handler one. I might be interested in some of your posters. I am in the process of decorating
my new place and I have a man cave / dog room.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah I mean I'm a pretty big jamhead, but I don't know how some of those people can pay literally hundreds of dollars for a freaking poster. I get that they are cool and unique to each show and all, I just can't fathom spending $500+ on merchandise (that isn't a guitar or a meet & greet) for a concert.

Guess I won't tell you how much I've paid for some posters :lol: Granted these are from the Yield and No Code tours, where the print runs were 200-500. I did once sell a print for $1,000. The print runs aren't released today, but I have to guess they're in the thousands.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:35 pm 

Anyone know if the show will be broadcast on their Sirius XM station? I know Buffett does that
for some of his shows and am guessing they wouldn't do it for this one but thought I would ask
if anyone at least knew for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Anyone know if the show will be broadcast on their Sirius XM station? I know Buffett does that
for some of his shows and am guessing they wouldn't do it for this one but thought I would ask

I just checked the website, and it's not. They will be having a highlight show of past Chicago performances while they're playing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I just checked the website, and it's not. They will be having a highlight show of past Chicago performances while they're playing.

Thanks for the info. I will be home cleaning my house so maybe I can jam to that while I mop my floor. :alien:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

These people getting merchandise are fucking insane; http://www.sportsworldchicago.com/categ ... eld_cam/#_

I ain't waiting in anything near that long tomorrow.
I was looking over at the PJ message board to see where fan club members have tickets, and I should be a real, real good shape for tomorrow 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Anyone pre-gaming?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'll be stunned if they don't play Glorified G. With the concealed carry stuff in Chicago & over the top firearm debate after the Massachusetts shooting in general, I feel like it's almost a safer bet than Corduroy (which sometimes feels like it gets played twice a night).

I drove down to Wrigley thinking I was in pretty good shape because I parked at the Taco Bell at about 12:10. Wow. Wasn't expecting anything close to whatever that was... Stood in line in the scorching sun for about 90 minutes and gave up once it was established that there weren't any posters left. Walked right up to the box office and got my tickets with no wait at all.
After I got home, I was curious about what they would fetch on Stubhub, and I wish I hadn't looked. They sent an email around that the merch on sale Wed/Thurs/Friday before the show was a shared supply. I'm having a hard time believing that they would allow it to sell out before the doors even open on Friday. :shrugs:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Our rooftop place is near Murphy's Bleachers, we should be in the City b/t 3:30-4:00 and will likely be on Sheffield somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:03 pm 

Have fun to all attending..... lucky bastages.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Swingandalongonetoright wrote:
I drove down to Wrigley thinking I was in pretty good shape because I parked at the Taco Bell at about 12:10. Wow. Wasn't expecting anything close to whatever that was... Stood in line in the scorching sun for about 90 minutes and gave up once it was established that there weren't any posters left. Walked right up to the box office and got my tickets with no wait at all.
After I got home, I was curious about what they would fetch on Stubhub, and I wish I hadn't looked. They sent an email around that the merch on sale Wed/Thurs/Friday before the show was a shared supply. I'm having a hard time believing that they would allow it to sell out before the doors even open on Friday. :shrugs:

Well, that fucking blows...aftermarket assholes!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
WGN reporting that the concert was halted due to concerns about the approaching storm.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
newper wrote:
WGN reporting that the concert was halted due to concerns about the approaching storm.

Played till 2 AM +, after rain delay

Great time! and I went home Early, 1 AM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

We left after waiting, they came back on shortly after. Sound was shitty on the rooftops (to be expected). Probably great for a baseball game, but just doesnt work for concerts. The value of the rooftop is pretty awesome tho. Food is great. Ten beers to choose from. We had fun. Some dude starting singing "Love the one your with" on the red line, we got most of the car singing it...that was a highlight.
Guess we'll just have to try and see PJ the next time around.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
What is the ruling on leaving a concert early? Do the same rules apply to bands and sport teams? Are you still a "real fan"? :drunken:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
What is the ruling on leaving a concert early? Do the same rules apply to bands and sport teams? Are you still a "real fan"? :drunken:

I like Pearl Jam, I even liked them more when I made a ton of cash selling my tickets, but I am from a diehard, wouldnt drop more than $100 a ticket for any show. After the rain people started leaving. We got some ticket stubs and walked in.

NOTE: At Wrigley, front entrance area they allow smokers outside, you can re-enter with ticket stub, even during games, but I think they let anyone back in with a ticket stub.

So while I wasnt planning on attending, we basically got for free. Usually set up in front of my place, hang out and hear the concerts for free, as I live that close.
Once it started raining, had to pack up anyways, go inside, people leaving after awhile, asked for ticket stub and got 2.

Free Show + Cash for my tickets + seeing a not jam packed PJ show = Nice evening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
We left after waiting, they came back on shortly after. Sound was shitty on the rooftops (to be expected). Probably great for a baseball game, but just doesnt work for concerts. The value of the rooftop is pretty awesome tho. Food is great. Ten beers to choose from. We had fun. Some dude starting singing "Love the one your with" on the red line, we got most of the car singing it...that was a highlight.

I have a distinct feeling he was going to keep singing it until we all joined in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:57 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

I have a distinct feeling he was going to keep singing it until we all joined in.

Nope, I would have stopped.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Release + Present Tense = Successful setlist even if the rest of the night had turned into greatest hits set. It didn't, so this was good.

Mother was a nice touch. Glad it was done. Life Wasted was memorable- it's not a song that I give much thought too, but is underrated. I've never understood the fans' fascination with Bugs. I know it was done when they played the Spectrum in Philly, and it was a part of the setlist that the longest tenured 10 club member compiled over the summer, but it's pointless.

I'm happy that they went with All The Way, and not Go Cubs Go. Go Cubs Go sounds like unreleased Jimmy Buffet material that wouldn't sniff the cut on a Buffet B-Side/Unreleased Material box set.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
My usual incoherent ramblings...

I figured something was up when they started off with a lot of slower stuff. Felt like the crowd lost energy going into Come Back. The rain delay really sucked, but can't fault the band. It seemed like most people in my section were out of it about half way through the set. Most people in my section sat down after Rearviewmirror and either didn't stand up again until near the end of the show or started leaving.

One thing that was really noticeable. We are getting old. Really old. And fat. There was a definite fear the guy next to me would get hungry later into the evening and resort to cannibalism. Again, people around me just had little energy. Not much singing or clapping along.

Seemingly transportation was at a premium leaving the park. Supposedly the red line stops running at 2? No one could find a taxi, including me. I walked from Wrigley to my car over at Fullerton and Sheffield. The whole way there were at least 100 people walking with me making a futile attempt to hail a cab. A bunch were grabbing the bicycle guys.

My highlights of the show:

- Pre-gaming with board members.
- Realizing its the first time I was in Wrigley at 2AM, which will be a great lasting memory. My kid yelled at me when I came home at 4:30 this morning because she came in my bed and I had to kick her out.
- Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns was probably the best moment of the show for me. Hold On was awesome to see live. Really enjoy that song. Also really enjoyed Mother, Mind Your Manners, All Night and the whole All the Way segment.
- Usher let me go down and kick the Bartman seat. Im a fucking rebel, I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Eddie Vedder "sings" like he swallowed a pint of concrete.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Keeping Score wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Eddie Vedder "sings" like he swallowed a pint of concrete.

Pretty much all music from 1990 on reminds me of singers/groups that want to kill themselves. It all sounds so tortured.

That said, and even though they fit the category I just described, I like 2 Pearl Jam songs:
Black
Yellow Ledbetter

That's a bad percentage.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:08 pm 

Had a great time. I'll give a longer review tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next