It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b104279_radioheads_thom_yorke_schools_miley.html

Quote:
When Radiohead refused to meet Miley Cyrus and Kanye West at the Grammy Awards last month, the starlet threatened to "ruin" them and the rapper refused to stand for their performance. Now the In Rainbows band is fighting back.

Cyrus kicked off the feudin' during an appearance on the Johnjay and Rich radio show and rambled on for more than six minutes about how the band dissed her after she begged her manager to set up an introduction.

"I'm like, these are the people I really want to meet," she said. "I'd freak out. They're my rock gods. These are the only people that I would cry over…My manager asked and said, 'Miley's really obsessed. And they were like, 'We don't really do that.' "

She continued on in disbelief about the Thom Yorke band's lack of interest in meeting the Hannah Montana, admitting she was so disappointed about the diss, she left the show early.

"I left 'cause I was so upset," she said. "I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone."

The three-time Grammy winners responded by putting the teen in her place…

"When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement," the quintet said in a statement.

But the Radiohead beef buck doesn't stop there.

During the taping for his episode of VH1's Storytellers, West complained that Yorke snubbed him as well.

"When he performed at the Grammys, I sat the f--k down," the rapper said.

The British "Creep" singer, already in full retaliation mode, concluded a blog post on the band's website with a wink and a nudge to both stars. "Wish us all a safe journey if you still like us and you're not one of those people I have managed to offend by doing nothing," Yorke writes.

Bring on the next round in these wars of words ('cause you know they're coming)!

:lol: @ Miley Cyrus. Spoiled lil brat needed a reality check

The band did come off as douchebags imo tho. Do they think they are above meeting and shaking hands with peers?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 am 

they deserve a shout out for this. kanye is a renowned cry baby, and miley went emo all over them. radiohead doesn't owe them a damn thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 pm 

I'm no huge fan of Oasis, but the Gallagher brothers summed up my feelings about Radiohead pretty well:

"Radiohead is great and all, but they've been making the same album for like 12 years now". :lol:

Radiohead, Kanye and Miley deserve each other.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
spanky wrote:
I'm no huge fan of Oasis, but the Gallagher brothers summed up my feelings about Radiohead pretty well:

"Radiohead is great and all, but they've been making the same album for like 12 years now". :lol:

Pot meets Kettle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:
spanky wrote:

Pot meets Kettle.

Sort of. The difference is nobody heaps all of this endless praise on Oasis. Besides themselves, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:44 pm 

spanky wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
spanky wrote:

Pot meets Kettle.

Sort of. The difference is nobody heaps all of this endless praise on Oasis. Besides themselves, of course.

Depends on how long you've been paying attention. Ever read a copy of Melody Maker or NME in the early 90's?

I like Oasis. I really like Radiohead. I only kind of like Blur.

Everett True, signing out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not a huge Radiohead fan but the last thing I'd blast them for is not evolving their sound as a band. Stylistically speaking, The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A and Amnesiac are all over the place and totally different.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i think radiohead sounds like a bunch of self-important fuckheads to me. "we dont really do that". fuck you you self-righteous pricks. talk about fame going to someones head. what would it hurt to spend 5 minutes talking to a fan in the industry at an industry awards show. no, there wasnt any entitlement to have to do it, but maybe a little common courtesy is in order. how she reacted is another subject, but she is right to think they are assholes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:10 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
i think radiohead sounds like a bunch of self-important fuckheads to me. "we dont really do that". fuck you you self-righteous pricks. talk about fame going to someones head. what would it hurt to spend 5 minutes talking to a fan in the industry at an industry awards show. no, there wasnt any entitlement to have to do it, but maybe a little common courtesy is in order. how she reacted is another subject, but she is right to think they are assholes.

they are self-important fuckheads. but so are most musicians. kind of comes with the territory.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 am 
W_Z wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:

they are self-important fuckheads. but so are most musicians. kind of comes with the territory.

And we're talking about Miley fucking Cyrus here. C'mon now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 am 

we are also talking about radiohead. not exactly the beatles or the rolling stones. it was a shitty move to make at an awards ceremony, no matter if it was miley cyrus or some other artist or some music executive they have never heard of. "We will perform at the awards show promoting our music, but don't even think about wanting to meet us. we're super-hip rock stars". douchebags of the first order.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rocks and Blows wrote:
I'm not a huge Radiohead fan but the last thing I'd blast them for is not evolving their sound as a band. Stylistically speaking, The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A and Amnesiac are all over the place and totally different.

and hail to the theif and in rainbows....

i agree with Zack.

can the media stop referring to thom yorke as mr. creep...wtf? it's been like 18 years already..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its silly really. A 30 second greeting, maybe a quick snapshot and it would be all over and done with.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:03 am 
Chris, did your favorite band diss you for a sig or something? Cause you are bringing the fire and the passion over Miley Cyrus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 am 

not over miley cyrus, because her reaction was douchebaggy too. i get bent out of shape when people are just downright rude just for the sake of it. she was obviously gushing over them, and, just because they saw it uncool to say hello to her, they left her hanging.

i've never really understood the pleasure of autographs. id rather have a quick word or two and maybe a photo, but i don't ever go out of my way to seek those things out. my son enjoys getting autographs at baseball games, and the players are usually very accommodating, and we always thank them for their time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

They were just recycling old ideas on In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief. Am I the only one that thinks Miley name dropping Radiohead is some bizarre stunt to try and gain credibility? I mean really, outside of Creep I doubt she knows a thing about the band.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:02 pm 

Rocks And Blows Wrote:
I mean really, outside of Creep I doubt she knows a thing about the band.

Maybe Creep by T.L.C.

Only maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rocks and Blows wrote:
They were just recycling old ideas on In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief. Am I the only one that thinks Miley name dropping Radiohead is some bizarre stunt to try and gain credibility? I mean really, outside of Creep I doubt she knows a thing about the band.

we can agree to disagree i suppose. HTTT and IR are somewhat of a balance between the "techno" of kid a and amnesiac and the guitars of O.k. computer. which, would make it "new" imo.

as far as Miley is concerned, i suspect she is more of a fan of kid a and beyond than anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:26 pm 

Quote:
During the taping for his episode of VH1's Storytellers, West complained that Yorke snubbed him as well.

Radiohead doesn't care about black people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
How is this at all newsworthy?

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:

Maybe E! News worthy...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 pm 

How is 99% of anything we discuss newsworthy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

At least its in the right section.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.