It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 am 

pizza_Place: Positano's Pizza
Now I know most, if not all of us, care very little what others think when it comes to our own enjoyment. That being said, I know we all keep somethings we like private for one reason or another. These songs are ones that I'm not embarrassed of, though I wouldn't necessarily play them at a party or gathering of friends, because I know they wouldn't be as appreciated as they should be; and very possibly, my man card could and would be pulled.

I'm not now, nor will I ever be ashamed of my ABBA love, but there are two of their hits that I prefer solitude when listening to them. First up is "The Winner Takes It All." I know it's sappy and Lite FM esque, but I love it. I can feel the pain and hurt right along with Agnetha as she belts this tune out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfyDWIRndc

Secondly, ABBA's "Fernando." I can't even grasp why I like this song, I just know that I do. The melody, the lyrics, the voices, they all make me want to rush out and back "Fernando" up in the war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTHlK_4goQ

All I can say for my next entry is "Hey, at least it's not Army of Lovers," because other than that, there really is no excuse for me liking it. Dead or Alive's "Brand New Lover" always gets heavy play when it's late and I'm home alone. I can absolutely guarantee the pants are never around the ankles while it plays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUHY3OXt9s

I'm not really a fan of Euro dance, (though in the right mix it can be great) but the Real McCoy's "Another Night" for some reason brings a smile to my face. Whenever I try to tell someone else about this song, all I can remember is "At night, I talk talk. I talk to you." This tune makes me want to party with the Techno Viking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iOdmb8BnIw

And lastly, a disturbing song that I discovered during a disturbing scene in Silence of The Lambs. Q Lazzarus' "Goodbye Horses." Now this one, I would be somewhat hesitant about admitting my fondness for it, because I wouldn't want anyone I know thinking of me and that same scene and rushing to judgment. This version might break the ice though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ahR9hUQMk&feature=related

I know I've opened myself up to scrutiny and ridicule, but that's what message boards are for, judging others without repercussion. So have at me, I can take it, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
ABBA is classic, nothing embarrassing there. "Goodbye Horses" is an awesome tune. Soundtracks ruin everything.

Only a few things I can think of that are truly "embarrassing." You just got to love all the crazy shit, regardless of what other people think. If anything, most of the stuff I'm really into would be considered skeletons in most others' closets.

For example: I'm really awful with lyrics but I know pretty much all the words to "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxI5XEerNw

Have a huge soft spot for 70's vocal disco and 80's electro boogie. When B&B isn't on, I usually listen to V103 in the car, especially for the throwback mixes on weekend evenings.

Ok, another good example: I give you "Willowman," by The Willow Band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmXdL11ZXc. My girlfriend and I have similar taste in music, but there are some tracks I play either on record or that turn up in mixes that I love and she can't stand. This is just one of several.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:43 am 

suckers playground wrote:
ABBA is classic, nothing embarrassing there. "Goodbye Horses" is an awesome tune. Soundtracks ruin everything.

Only a few things I can think of that are truly "embarrassing." You just got to love all the crazy shit, regardless of what other people think. If anything, most of the stuff I'm really into would be considered skeletons in most others' closets.

For example: I'm really awful with lyrics but I know pretty much all the words to "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxI5XEerNw

Have a huge soft spot for 70's vocal disco and 80's electro boogie. When B&B isn't on, I usually listen to V103 in the car, especially for the throwback mixes on weekend evenings.

Ok, another good example: I give you "Willowman," by The Willow Band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmXdL11ZXc. My girlfriend and I have similar taste in music, but there are some tracks I play either on record or that turn up in mixes that I love and she can't stand. This is just one of several.

I love that Bobby Caldwell song. I was shocked when I discovered that he was white, similar to my amazement the Rick Astley was white too. I still believe someone else sang "Never Gonna Give You Up" in the studio, no way an Australian had those pipes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
West46thStreet wrote:
I love that Bobby Caldwell song. I was shocked when I discovered that he was white, similar to my amazement the Rick Astley was white too. I still believe someone else sang "Never Gonna Give You Up" in the studio, no way an Australian had those pipes.

:lol: same here on all those

Mine is Vanilla Ice...my street cred plummeted when this was discovered on my ipod :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:34 am 

i have plenty of embarrassing shit in my collection...but it's fun to listen to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I am down with Dead or Alive
Mine is the Black Eyed Peas-which generally kills any belief that I actually like good music

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I will blast 311 at ridiculous volumes and pretend "I'm Nick, H.E.X.U.M."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I will blast 311 at ridiculous volumes and pretend "I'm Nick, H.E.X.U.M."

The one who knows about things?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
and we swing....better than you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Boyz2Men

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
While I am not going to say I bump this when alone, I still have it in my I tunes collections

Bryan Adams- This Sid of Paradise

and it is gayer than I remembered :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Cyndi Lauper- "All Through The Night"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyzyn-lV ... re=related

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Last edited by Eaglo Jeff on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Cyndi Lauper- "All Through The Night"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMBqQlRi0oY

I will proudly bump Cyndi Lauper music while watching the Goonies and challenge anyone who has a problem with it to a fight. "That's no lie. I will fight you."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm 

West46thStreet wrote:
I will proudly bump Cyndi Lauper music while watching the Goonies and challenge anyone who has a problem with it to a fight. "That's no lie. I will fight you."

i have a problem with it! if you're bumping her music *while watching* "the goonies" you're missing some of the best dialog ever!

"That's delude yourself, dummy."

"ANDY! YOU GOONIE!"

"Down here it's our time. It's OUR time down here!"

"Man! You smell like Phys-Ed!"

"Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza, right?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You liked Keri Greene didn't you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:43 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
You liked Keri Greene didn't you?

since "Lucas".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 pm 

W_Z wrote:
West46thStreet wrote:

i have a problem with it! if you're bumping her music *while watching* "the goonies" you're missing some of the best dialog ever!

"That's delude yourself, dummy."

"ANDY! YOU GOONIE!"

"Down here it's our time. It's OUR time down here!"

"Man! You smell like Phys-Ed!"

"Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza, right?"

I've got to take props away my friend, for you neglected to list one of the most emotional pieces of dialogue in film history.

"Sloth, you're gonna live with me now. I'm gonna take care of ya, cause I love ya."

Last edited by West46thStreet on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 am 

West46thStreet wrote:

I've got to take props away my friend, for you neglected to list one of the most emotional pieces of dialogue in film history.

i was only listing examples of why you shouldn't blast music over the dialog in the first place. i was not trying to tell you those were the ONLY best lines in the movie.

"Willie. You were the first Goonie. Yo. How long have you guys been standing there?"

"Long enough, Mikey. Long enough."

Still brings tears to my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
the prom episode on sunny prompted me to start listening to this fine tune more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7CuJ8cR9sg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
W_Z wrote:
West46thStreet wrote:

i was only listing examples of why you shouldn't blast music over the dialog in the first place. i was not trying to tell you those were the ONLY best lines in the movie.

"Willie. You were the first Goonie. Yo. How long have you guys been standing there?"

"Long enough, Mikey. Long enough."

Still brings tears to my eyes.

Speaking of Kerri Green movies that bring a tear to an eye, I'll admit to Summer Rental. When Scully takes Jack out for a life lesson on sailing, I've lost it on more than one occasion.

Jack: "Do you know what it's like to peak when you're 18?"
Scully: "Yes. Yes, I do."

Then again, maybe it's just me...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 am 

normally i'd make fun of you; but i've broken down during some "simpsons" episodes so i can't say anything.

two that spring to mind immediately: when homer is tucking maggie to bed and saying, "The sooner kids talk the sooner they talk back. I hope you never say a word." and then maggie says, "Daddy..."

and then in another episode when homer's done telling the story of maggie's birth and everything and bart and lisa say, "how come there are no pictures of maggie?" and homer says, "Oh there are pictures. I keep them in a place where I need them most." and then it shows his desk, and covered all over the place are baby pictures of maggie.

niagra falls...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
W_Z wrote:
normally i'd make fun of you; but i've broken down during some "simpsons" episodes so i can't say anything.

two that spring to mind immediately: when homer is tucking maggie to bed and saying, "The sooner kids talk the sooner they talk back. I hope you never say a word." and then maggie says, "Daddy..."

and then in another episode when homer's done telling the story of maggie's birth and everything and bart and lisa say, "how come there are no pictures of maggie?" and homer says, "Oh there are pictures. I keep them in a place where I need them most." and then it shows his desk, and covered all over the place are baby pictures of maggie.

niagra falls...

+1-the room always gets a little dusty when those 2 episodes come on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm 

Brother Iz - Somewhere over the rainbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I am down with Dead or Alive
Mine is the Black Eyed Peas-which generally kills any belief that I actually like good music

I'm a Pea-head myself. I'm also a closet Shakira fan.