It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know you can download music from bittorrent and lime wire type programs but many times they are fake files, bad quality, and a pain in the ass to use. There is a new program out that eliminates the need to use those services and has no potential legal ramifications. Doing this is almost free and I've used it for a few weeks and have downloaded over 20 Gigs of music so far.

If anyone is familiar with the new Napster and Yahoo music services, you basically pay $15 per month for unlimited music downloads. You can then play these on select MP3 players that are "Plays for Sure" enabled. The problem is that when you decide to stop paying the monthly fee, all of your music will stop working. Well some guy hacked the Plays for Sure protection on these songs so now you can download the protected files and run this program to strip the DRM protection. Then you have clean, high quality, unprotected files that you can use however you want.

You can sign up for a free trial, download a ton and then cancel it or do what I did and keep the service and continue downloading songs. Microsoft is trying to patch it now to get this program to stop working so if you want to use this you better start NOW. I use Napster as the download service. The program is called FairUse4WM if you want to research it. It's getting hard to find a place to download it now since Microsoft has been threatening sites that host the program. However I'd send the program directly to anyone interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
just download soulseek.
very reliable.....illegal....but, only if you share files.
i add the user i'm d/l from, then once i'm done d/l from them, i ditch them as a share-user.

20 GB as well... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

hell, just go to hypemachine.com, that gives a list of songs and what music blogs you can dl them from, it's up to the minute and is spam and virus free. If you "Google" totally fuzzy, you will find a great sight for dl full albums from different sites, heavy on prog and phcycedlic. And "Aquarium Drunkard" has a bunch of free, great quality live Neil Young songs right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Quote:
just download soulseek.
very reliable.....illegal....but, only if you share files.
i add the user i'm d/l from, then once i'm done d/l from them, i ditch them as a share-user.

20 GB as well... :)

Been using SoulSeek for 5 years now, and it's been working deliciously. What's your name on there Doug? I'll add you so you can snag my shit.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/