It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rage Against The Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.

It's not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings Of Leon.

Rage, which broke through in 1992 with the defiant single "Killing in the Name," won fans across the social spectrum with singer Zack de la Rocha's rap-based lyrics backed by the band's hard-rock melodies. They topped the U.S. pop album charts in 1996 with "Evil Empire" and in 1999 with "The Battle of Los Angeles."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

My ass one show, they'll end up playing Lollapalooza and every other fest. Thats pretty cool, no way it can be worse then the last Audioslave album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
I've still got a red ass from when they were supposed to tour with the Beastie Boys back in the summer of The Aught and I had tickets, and they cancelled the whole tour 'cause Mike D broke his collar bone. I know it's not really anyone's fault, I just would have really liked to have gone to that show.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:01 am 

Damn. I'd kill to be there. I'd love a chance to see RATM live, considering I never did back when. Audioslave is a great example of the sum being less than the parts, IMO; they're okay, but I don't like them as much as Rage nor as much as Soundgarden.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Maybe Zack will play some tunes from his solo album that is six years in the works - those will be awesome. Hopefully it compares to the Joe Perry Project!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:21 pm 

Quote:
Maybe Zack will play some tunes from his solo album that is six years in the works - those will be awesome.

Yeah, that was a killer move for Zack. I love his solo shit. :roll:

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
*****OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Smashing Pumpkins have made their first official announcement of an appearance in 2007. The band will headline both Rock am Ring (6/2/07) and Rock im Park (6/3/07) Festivals in Germany. Tickets are available beginning on Saturday, January 27, 2007. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.tickets-per-post.de/tickets-per-post/Main.php. Check out the festival website for more information http://www.rock-am-ring.com. Stay tuned for many more announcements…