It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Fine, but Cube was good at one point.

you ever seen the documentary/movie beef? man when they're talking about him breaking off and going solo (and making ameriKKKa's most wanted) and cube's in his sox hat sitting in the car saying "they were like what are you gonna do? go solo?" and the announcer comes in like AMERIKKKA'S MOST WANTED WOULD GO ON TO SELL 3 MILLION IN THE FIRST WEEK AND [HOWEVER MANY] OVERALL" and they come back to cube and he's just sitting there smiling like a motherfucker. thats whats up.

uhhhhh my favorite cube line comes from a 2pac song of all places...

2pac - last wordz (feat ice cube, ice T]

"fuck pat sajak never did nothing for a n-word" --- i damn near fell off the chair laughing the first time i heard this cuz he was spraying to all fields and how you end up in a place where you're doing your rhymes and pat sajak comes to mind?

i was always hoping for a response from pat sajak but alas life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
rogers park bryan wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who wins the family BBQ ciphers? Cube or Del?

pfft.... i wont even dignify that with a direct response

He was very good. He and MC Ren wrote all the N.W.A. stuff. And I liked his early solo stuff like "Who's The Mack", "Jackin For Beats" and then some of his later outings like "Steady Mobbin" and "Bow Down" with the Westside Connection.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

you ever seen the documentary/movie beef? man when they're talking about him breaking off and going solo (and making ameriKKKa's most wanted) and cube's in his sox hat sitting in the car saying "they were like what are you gonna do? go solo?" and the announcer comes in like AMERIKKKA'S MOST WANTED WOULD GO ON TO SELL 3 MILLION IN THE FIRST WEEK AND [HOWEVER MANY] OVERALL" and they come back to cube and he's just sitting there smiling like a motherfucker. thats whats up.

uhhhhh my favorite cube line comes from a 2pac song of all places...

2pac - last wordz (feat ice cube, ice T]

"fuck pat sajak never did nothing for a n-word" --- i damn near fell off the chair laughing the first time i heard this cuz he was spraying to all fields and how you end up in a place where you're doing your rhymes and pat sajak comes to mind?

i was always hoping for a response from pat sajak but alas life sucks sometimes.

Ask him about it on Twitter. I believe he is one of those tweet drunk celebs. He might repsond. haha

That song is great

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Who wins the family BBQ ciphers? Cube or Del?

pfft.... i wont even dignify that with a direct response

He was very good. He and MC Ren wrote all the N.W.A. stuff. And I liked his early solo stuff like "Who's The Mack", "Jackin For Beats" and then some of his later outings like "Steady Mobbin" and "Bow Down" with the Westside Connection.

Yeah, I liked his NWA stuff and Lethal Injection.

He's got a good voice. That goes a long way. You have to be really good to overcome a bad voice.

I played out "It was a good day" when it first came out so I cant even listen to that song anymore, but it was good

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:39 pm 

From the first "Soul Assassins" album, presented and produced by one of my all time favorites DJ Muggs of Cypress Hill fame. It's the Goodie Mob with...

"Decisions, Decisions"

This is the best the Goodie Mob has ever sounded, especially CeeLo Green. His verse at the end is sick I tells ya! It's sick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:44 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
From the first "Soul Assassins" album, presented and produced by one of my all time favorites DJ Muggs of Cypress Hill fame. It's the Goodie Mob with...

"Decisions, Decisions"

This is the best the Goodie Mob has ever sounded, especially CeeLo Green. His verse at the end is sick I tells ya! It's sick!

aphex twin's on his soundcloud grizzly again today so i'm a bit distracted, but goodie mobb you say? shit you know what that reminds me of? OLD OUTKAST!

outkast - crumblin erb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:01 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
aphex twin's on his soundcloud grizzly again today so i'm a bit distracted, but goodie mobb you say? shit you know what that reminds me of? OLD OUTKAST!

outkast - crumblin erb

I love, love early Outkast. And that's not to say their later stuff is wack, I just prefer their first three albums.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:16 am 

no doubt double M.... southenplayaistic is where it's at. i loved it when they got high pitched and snapped on shit, kind of like when comsense was comsense and he was tellin us to take it e-z.

yeah i could go that route, but today i got you on something good matches. you know those clickbait articles on the craziest rap album covers ever? i know you seen BIG BEAR - DOIN THANGS before.... but have you listened to it?

big bear - hoes is scared

"you givin head that's off the hook / thinkin your ass shoulda wrote a book? now lady look...."

man i damn near fell off of the couch when i first heard that line.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:21 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
no doubt double M.... southenplayaistic is where it's at. i loved it when they got high pitched and snapped on shit, kind of like when comsense was comsense and he was tellin us to take it e-z.

yeah i could go that route, but today i got you on something good matches. you know those clickbait articles on the craziest rap album covers ever? i know you seen BIG BEAR - DOIN THANGS before.... but have you listened to it?

big bear - hoes is scared

"you givin head that's off the hook / thinkin your ass shoulda wrote a book? now lady look...."

man i damn near fell off of the couch when i first heard that line.

Gotta give props on the album cover. It certainly catches the eye. Would've been even better if he was BIG BEAR The Black Russian, kind of like how E-40 was The Mailman and then he was E-40 Fonzarelli or was it the other way around?

BIG BEAR sounds like he was No Limit / Master P affiliated.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:45 am 

More early 90's goodness this Tuesday morning. It's Mellow Man Ace featuring Krazy D, Chief T & Sen Dog with 1992's

Hypest from Cypress.

I love how there's a bonus freestyle session just when you think the song is about to end.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 am 

It's time to resurrect this thread and we'll do it with a two-fer Thursday.

Although I was disappointed with this album as a whole, this track is top notch. Canibus (Man I thought he was going to be huge) never sounded better than his verse here. I give you The Firm with....

Desperados.

Secondly, and this might generate some eye rolls (I'm looking at you KRS One), we'll slow things down a bit with a re-mix of PM Dawn vs. Spandau Ballet with a hint of Eric B & Rakim's "Paid in Full." One of the better re-mixes I've ever heard, though granted you have to be a fan of both songs to begin with. Chill out and relax with....

Set Adrift on Memory Bliss / True F-Mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:31 pm 

Let's take a trip back to the West coast circa 1988. N.W.A.'s debut album "Straight Outta Compton" provided us rap fans with many big hits and a few hidden gems. This buried treasure is evidence that M.C. Ren could hold his own on a mic way back when.

If It Ain't Ruff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:59 pm 

Off one of the greatest Rap albums of all time, Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.." and featuring Ghostface Killah & Nas, I give you

Verbal Intercourse

You know a track is dope when you can't decide who had the best verse.

Last edited by Matches Malone on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:20 pm 

If it aint ruff is one of the best simplest beats ever. You cant NOT bob your head when that comes on.

And Verbal Intercourse is just a classic. Three guys entering their prime.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:11 pm 

We'll stay on the East Coast today and hit you up with a little sampling of artistry from "The Beatnuts." Lyrically, I think they're a bit lacking, but when it comes to producing beats, man, they're right near the top.

Featuring Big Pun & Cuban Links it's....

Off The Books

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 pm 

Today will tap into the talents of one of the all-time greats. From the year 1995, it's Channel Live Featuring KRS-One sparking

Mad Izm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
We'll stay on the East Coast today and hit you up with a little sampling of artistry from "The Beatnuts." Lyrically, I think they're a bit lacking, but when it comes to producing beats, man, they're right near the top.

Off The Books

Your career's on life support, and imma pull the plug...

I love that line

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Off The Books

Your career's on life support, and imma pull the plug...

I love that line

Everyone's verse on that track gets it done. I think Big Pun outshines the rest,

[Big Punisher]
Hey yo it's all love, but love's got a thin line
and Pun's got a big nine, respect crime but not when it reflect mine
The shit I'm on is wrong but it lasts long
Pull a fast one, then Pun'll wake up, with the stash gone
I'm mad strong, and my cream is fast
Smoke the greenest grass, my bitch got the meanest ass
and a taste legit, I don't have to waste a whole case of Crist'
All it takes is my pretty face and my gangsta wit
Lace the click, cause we all share
It's all fair like love and war, thug galore with the long hair
Big Pun, Pun the name that makes the kids run
Like spelling murder reverse it deliver redrum
Come one, come all, if you wanna brawl
I'm the mighty Thor clotheslining motherfuckers like Steven Segall
Cause all you gonna get, is your ass kicked or up in a casket
That's it (that's it?) That's it

but for a Beatnuts jam, it's probably right at the top of their lyrical prowess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 pm 

After a long hiatus, let's get back to it with a trip down horror lane with the GraveDiggaz and their haunting track

Diary of A Madman.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:58 am 

While I've never been the world's biggest Tupac fan, I have to admit, his guest spot on the MC Breed classic track Gotta Get Mine just might be the best he's ever sounded.

As an added bonus, both Tupac and Breed are rockin the Karl Kani wear in the above video. Brings back memories of CPS in the 90's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:50 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
After a long hiatus, let's get back to it with a trip down horror lane with the GraveDiggaz and their haunting track

Diary of A Madman.

Horrorcore....what a genre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:56 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Diary of A Madman.

Horrorcore....what a genre

Yeah, it's not for everybody, but just like any genre of music, there's always some good stuff to be found. It's not surprising it didn't take off or last. Of course someone could counter argue that with the success of ICP, but I think they're two completely different things. And that's not to rip on ICP fans, they're not for me but hey, to each their own. Drink all the Faygo you want I say.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 pm 

Joey BadA$$ may have a silly name but he's pretty fucking good. I love this track, reminds me of early 90's new york sound (prod by Statik Selektah)

Joey BadA$$-No. 99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joey BadA$$ may have a silly name but he's pretty fucking good. I love this track, reminds me of early 90's new york sound (prod by Statik Selektah)

Joey BadA$$-No. 99

There's most definitely a 90's feel when it comes to that beat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am 

Let's change things up and head all the way back to 1989 and revisit a one time legend in the Chicago music scene, Fast Eddie. We'll go with the Julian Jumpin Perez remix version of

Hip House.

Some might say it's not true Hip-Hop or Rap, but I think it measures up against any Old School joint and it's most definitely a piece of Chicago music history.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 pm 

1990 Step in Arena album. Gangstarr pound for pound one of the best hip hop albums of all time. Who's Gonna Take the Weight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
1990 Step in Arena album. Gangstarr pound for pound one of the best hip hop albums of all time. Who's Gonna Take the Weight.

Let's stick with the Gang Starr theme and revisit, for my money, one of the top five beats in Rap history with Mass Appeal.

I've always been of the belief that Guru is lyrically weak, but anytime you have DJ Premier involved in the proceedings you're going to be treated to some musical delights and that more than makes up for Guru's lack of mic skills.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am 

Premier is one of the greatest producers in hip hop history and he definitely enhanced Guru's stuff but I have to disagree with you on Guru's lyrics. Listen to Step in the Arena the single. "In the Arena or forum weak MCS I will floor them causing mayhem I'll slay them and then the blood will be pouring". He had heat. I didn't like his later stuff as much though he has some sleepers on the later stuff too. Words that I manifest is also a classic. Dwyck. With nice and smooth. Guru was cold.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:06 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Bagels and I met DJ Premier a couple months back at the Prhyme show. #GOAT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Let's stick with the Gang Starr theme and revisit, for my money, one of the top five beats in Rap history with Mass Appeal.

I've always been of the belief that Guru is lyrically weak, but anytime you have DJ Premier involved in the proceedings you're going to be treated to some musical delights and that more than makes up for Guru's lack of mic skills.

Moment of Truth though?

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
You may not know the harships people don't speak of
It's best to step back, and observe with couth
For we all must meet our moment of truth"

I mean, the whole song

Sometimes you gotta dig deep, when problems come near
Don't fear things get severe for everybody everywhere
Why do bad things happen, to good people?
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil
The situation that I'm facin, is mad amazin
to think such problems can arise from minor confrontations
Now I'm contemplatin in my bedroom pacin
Dark clouds over my head, my heart's racin
Suicide? Nah, I'm not a foolish guy
Don't even feel like drinking, or even gettin high
Cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate
the anxieties that I wish I could alleviate
But wait, I've been through a whole lot of other shit, before
So I oughta be able, to withstand some more
But I'm sweatin though, my eyes are turnin red and yo
I'm ready to lose my mind but instead I use my mind
I put down the knife, and take the bullets out my nine
My only crime, was that I'm too damn kind
And now some skanless motherfuckers wanna take what's mine
But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth

"And now some skanless motherfuckers wanna take what's mine,
but they can't take the respect that I've earned in my lifetime."

"I'll splatter your dreams with lyrics that shatter your schemes."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next