It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
RFDC wrote:
Good points regarding Shawn. Just wish we could have got to see Owen get the push he deserved.

There's a potential joke there, but I'm afraid it would just fall flat.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Good points regarding Shawn. Just wish we could have got to see Owen get the push he deserved.

There's a potential joke there, but I'm afraid it would just fall flat.

:lol: :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
immessedup17 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
The WCW vs nWo were my favorite wrestling games.

Revenge for N64. It was good. Good roster.

Revenge was my favorite wrestling game until Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain came out.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:08 pm 

Revenge is still my favorite.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
immessedup17 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Agreed. I also played the shit out of Wrestlemania 2000.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm 

A7X wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Agreed. I also played the shit out of Wrestlemania 2000.

Also very good. If I'm not mistaken, the last wrestling game to feature Ken Shamrock.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
A7X wrote:
Also very good. If I'm not mistaken, the last wrestling game to feature Ken Shamrock.

Yup. The create a wrestler feature was pretty bad ass too.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
RFDC wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Also still trying to figure out why Shawn thought calling Owen a piece of shit was good heat.

Seriously? It was part of the deal for that time period. It was actually tame compared to some of the other things they did to draw heat.

I agree it was tame in comparison to miscarriage angles, fake deaths, fake OD angles, etc, but we all agree shawn is one of the greatest of all time and always a great promo

I think its unfortunate he had to resort to calling a married man with children a piece of shit on tv to get heat, its not very creative and its cheap heat. Not very considerate. I would assume HBK would not appreciate being called a piece a shit in front of the nitro girl he knocked up and had to marry and their kid.

I wonder what Shawn's opinion would be nowadays if asked. I certainly didn't offend me, I just think its lame and uncreative. Kinda like humping the mat, cucumber down the shorts or disgracing the canadian flag by humping it. If a non-american wrestler humped the American flag in the middle ring, i cant even imagine what would happen.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:59 pm 

None of that stuff bothered me. I thought it was funny.

But I was also 19.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:01 pm 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
I agree it was tame in comparison to miscarriage angles, fake deaths, fake OD angles, etc, but we all agree shawn is one of the greatest of all time and always a great promo

I think its unfortunate he had to resort to calling a married man with children a piece of shit on tv to get heat, its not very creative and its cheap heat. Not very considerate. I would assume HBK would not appreciate being called a piece a shit in front of the nitro girl he knocked up and had to marry and their kid.

I wonder what Shawn's opinion would be nowadays if asked. I certainly didn't offend me, I just think its lame and uncreative. Kinda like humping the mat, cucumber down the shorts or disgracing the canadian flag by humping it. If a non-american wrestler humped the American flag in the middle ring, i cant even imagine what would happen.

You gotta understand that at that point, by all accounts, Shawn was hopped up on pills and was generally out of control. He had pretty much pissed off everybody in the lockerroom except for Hunter and Chyna, and I think he was just playing up the "bad boy" persona. I just don't think he really cared much about anything he said or whom he offended at that point.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bob Loblaw wrote:

HBK would just blame it on the Soma and amnesia. That's how he weasel worded his way through the Shawn V Bret DVD.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:04 pm 

Bob Loblaw wrote:

You gotta understand that at that point, by all accounts, Shawn was hopped up on pills and was generally out of control. He had pretty much pissed off everybody in the lockerroom except for Hunter and Chyna, and I think he was just playing up the "bad boy" persona. I just don't think he really cared much about anything he said or whom he offended at that point.

Exactly, and it worked. That stuff back then drew tons of heat.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:05 pm 

A7X wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

HBK would just blame it on the Soma and amnesia. That's how he weasel worded his way through the Shawn V Bret DVD.

Oh he did not. Making stuff up as you go

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:12 pm 

I agree with both of you 100%. He's one of the best so I hold him to a higher standard and he's better than that. I blame the drugs too. Its frustrating that things could have been even better back then if his friends or boss could have helped him at the time. Owen vs Shawn would have been great for months. (also refusing to lose to Davey at SSlam in England after he had agreed to and after Davey had told his sister who was dying from cancer at the time that he was winning for no reason other than "i don't lose", i do hold that one against him.) The rest I don't care about, just thought was lame.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:15 pm 

Yeah, in '97 Shawn had pretty much made it clear that he wasn't jobbing to anybody, literally. And he didn't either.

He didn't do a job from November of '96 (Sid) all the way until March of '98 (Austin). Amazing when you think about it. Part of me wonders if he would've even put Austin over if his back hadn't been broken at that point.

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Thu May 24, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:16 pm 

A7X wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

THANK YOU!

I enjoyed that dvd, but that is exactly what I got out of it. Quite a selective memory from Shawn. He kept saying he doesn't remember when the tough stuff came up and then he remembers other things when its convenient. He also recalls lots of the same stuff in his shoot interview perfectly, but now he can't? Not very Christian of him to be such a blatant liar.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm 

Yeah, in '97 Shawn had pretty much made it clear that he wasn't jobbing to anybody, literally. And he didn't either.

He didn't do a job from November of '96 (Sid) all the way until March of '98 (Austin). Amazing when you think about it. Part of me wonders if he would've even put Austin over if his back hadn't been broken at that point.

Wow, thanks for sharing that stat. That sort of quantifies things.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Oh he did not. Making stuff up as you go

Nope. Just trying to irritate you.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:20 pm 

You guys get that out of the DVD because you had your mind made up about all of it before you even turned the DVD on. No doubt Shawn was a total DB for a long time back in that period of time, but he has been very open about all of it since his return. He has explained things and apologized about things many times. But because he now considers himself a christian he gets held to a completely different standard.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
You guys get that out of the DVD because you had your mind made up about all of it before you even turned the DVD on. No doubt Shawn was a total DB for a long time back in that period of time, but he has been very open about all of it since his return. He has explained things and apologized about things many times. But because he now considers himself a christian he gets held to a completely different standard.

I was just messing around. He has acknowledged his asshole behavior, and he doesn't do it anymore. I save my hate for Hogan and Bischoff.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm 

Cool.

Speaking of assholes, you know who is a bitter asshole...Jamie Dundee. I was watching some random clips on youtube the other day and came across a rant he had about hating on Cena for stealing his gimmick and that on his best day Cena was not in his league.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:33 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Cool.

Speaking of assholes, you know who is a bitter asshole...Jamie Dundee. I was watching some random clips on youtube the other day and came across a rant he had about hating on Cena for stealing his gimmick and that on his best day Cena was not in his league.

I don't even know who that is. Is he related to Bill Dundee?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Cool.

I don't even know who that is. Is he related to Bill Dundee?

His son.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Jamie_Dundee

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 pm 

He was the shorter white rapper in PG-13 with the NOD

dundee ushoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-WY3SS-oI

legit crazy and an ahole, but kinda funny.