It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UFC 146
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:17 pm 

As most know, Dos Santos will face Mir now. White just announced on Twitter that Cain with face Big Foot Silva. Now they're looking for an opponent for Roy Nelson.

Post subject: Re: UFC 146
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:25 pm 

I am always glad to watch Mir fight, but I am not sure I like the idea of a main card with only heavyweight fights.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:27 pm 

And wow how far has Dan Hardy fallen as the guy some thought could beat GSP to a guy who will fight on the prelim facebook card.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Not sure who the genius suggesting the all HW main card but it's pretty freaking ballsy if you ask me. Sure you get the chance for some brutal KO's and make a good HW war or 2 but you also have a GREAT chance of having a slow slow match or 3 that can totally kill a PPV.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 pm 

White just tweeted, Nelson vs Gonzaga. Side note. presser tomorrow in Brazil, Sonnen and Silva both to be there. Suppose to announce what's going to happen with their fight. Rumors of it moving to Vegas or another spot in Brazil.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
schmitty1121 wrote:
White just tweeted, Nelson vs Gonzaga. Side note. presser tomorrow in Brazil, Sonnen and Silva both to be there. Suppose to announce what's going to happen with their fight. Rumors of it moving to Vegas or another spot in Brazil.

Silva-Sonnen has been moved to UFC 148 on July 7.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:05 am 

Dos Santos vs. Mir Primetime episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBE8z9W_yY

Really looking forward to this one. I think Mir has a decent shot of coming away with his 3rd title. If he can get Dos Santos to the ground he has a great shot, but his striking is underrated.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir
Date: May 26, 2012
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook

MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir (for heavyweight title)
Antonio Silva vs. Cain Velasquez
Dave Herman vs. Roy Nelson
Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic
Lavar Johnson vs. Stefan Struve

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
Edson Barboza vs. Jamie Varner
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Dan Hardy vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda

I really wish Overreem wasn't such a dumbass and trying to get away with his steroid use as I would be much more hyped up for that fight than I would be to just watch Mir get destroyed by Dos Santos. Mir has virtually no chance vs JDS unless Dos Santos falls to the ground accidentally. If I was Dos Santos I would beat the shit out of Frank Mir on the feet and when Frank falls down(which you know he will because he has a soft chin) I would back off and make the ref stand him back up. WAR Junior Dos Santos.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
bump for prelims at 5.45 cst
f/x at 7 cst.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 pm 

Quote:
Dana White ‏@danawhite
THAT SUCKED!!!!

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:49 pm 

Real nice fight there for the Hobart, IN kid Elkins

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm 

anyone got a link?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 pm 

I have not been successful in locating one. Following it on twitter.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm 

this link has been posted for every single wwe, tna, and ufc ppv for probably the last 3 years.

http://www.whsports.net/

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 pm 

Thanks Bob. I tried that one earlier and it would not stop cutting out. I was able to see a little of the main event.

Dos Santos is a beast and no one in the heavy weight division is going to beat him standing up. Gotta get him to the ground. He reminds me of a heavyweight BJ Penn, but thankfully he seems way more committed and motivated than Penn.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:14 am 

As expected with all Heavyweights, had quick finishes. Dos Santos is a beast. Mir looked like Brock, in the sense that he got hit and basically said fuck it. Cain looked great. I'm guessing he with get his rematch with Dos Santos. Loved the promo they ran for UFC 148, already starting the hype for Silva/Sonnen.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 am 

RFDC wrote:
Thanks Bob. I tried that one earlier and it would not stop cutting out. I was able to see a little of the main event.

Dos Santos is a beast and no one in the heavy weight division is going to beat him standing up. Gotta get him to the ground. He reminds me of a heavyweight BJ Penn, but thankfully he seems way more committed and motivated than Penn.

np, i like the BJ comparison that's pretty much spot on. I thought the FB fights were good, the f/x fights were good and then I fell asleep and saw 20 minutes of the ppv. I woke up and a few seconds later, this guy is on my screen !!!

I assume Brock might be coming back for no monetary reason, but only to troll Schmitty :wink:

Here's the ppv. I am assuming it will be taken down shortly by youtube, so you if have a plug in that allows you to download from youtube, this would be a good time to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiGs37RSukg

Dana on Brock at press conferrence
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Gp2mx7bLlk

Dana said JDS vs Cain in brazil too

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:01 am 

Mike Brown retired, Jason Miller was cut afterwards (as everyone anticipated) after some stuff with Dana, done and finished with Zuffa.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ccyco8

May 27 Observer Radio: Live from Vegas, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez talk great UFC 146, Brock appearance and what it means, Arianny arrest, backstage notes, tons of news!

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight, once again LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS, with a special post-UFC 146 recap show! So much to discuss including an awesome card from top to bottom, a star-making performance for Cain Velasquez, upcoming fights, tons of backstage notes on Brock Lesnar, Arianny's arrest, and more, plus all the news from the weekend. A packed show as always so check it out~!

you're looking for: Click here to start download from sendspace

All of the gifs are here: ironforgesiron.com/2012/05/ufc-146-dos-santos-vs-mir-teh-gifs/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:01 am 

Mike Brown retired, Jason Miller was cut afterwards (as everyone anticipated) after some stuff with Dana, done and finished with Zuffa.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ccyco8

May 27 Observer Radio: Live from Vegas, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez talk great UFC 146, Brock appearance and what it means, Arianny arrest, backstage notes, tons of news!

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight, once again LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS, with a special post-UFC 146 recap show! So much to discuss including an awesome card from top to bottom, a star-making performance for Cain Velasquez, upcoming fights, tons of backstage notes on Brock Lesnar, Arianny's arrest, and more, plus all the news from the weekend. A packed show as always so check it out~!

you're looking for: Click here to start download from sendspace

All of the gifs are here: ironforgesiron.com/2012/05/ufc-146-dos-santos-vs-mir-teh-gifs/