It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
JR had a rough time on the US shows. He is okay on AXS.

Like the English commentary on New Japan World.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am
Posts: 2307
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
JR had a rough time on the US shows. He is okay on AXS.

Like the English commentary on New Japan World.



Wonder how many times they will break the English announce table?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
New Prichard Show about Heyman is solid.

I want to air-dry, whore.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 5914
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I had a question, when Finn Balor does his top rope move, I think it's called the coup de grace, where jumps from top rope and his feet go into the guys stomach, how does he do it, where the guys insides aren't in a lot of pain are his legs aren't damaged, looks painful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:57 am
Posts: 20052
Location: Lagrange
pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Thank you goes out to the crowd for the Toronto Smackdown En Vivo!

Episode was solid on its own. KO promo was solid. Also, during the show, got to hear the phrases "pay window" and "skinny fat".

It was an atleast 4 1/2 Jim Kellys or Kenny Omega winks or what ever is the 1-5 scale term these days. Out-freakin-standing!!!!

_________________
CSFMB: Home of the small minded
Beardown wrote:
I'm declaring a victory without research.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27950
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
donspiracy wrote:
Thank you goes out to the crowd for the Toronto Smackdown En Vivo!

Episode was solid on its own. KO promo was solid. Also, during the show, got to hear the phrases "pay window" and "skinny fat".

It was an atleast 4 1/2 Jim Kellys or Kenny Omega winks or what ever is the 1-5 scale term these days. Out-freakin-standing!!!!


That Toronto crowd was great both nights. Monday's "Let's Go Jobber" chant during the Jason Angle match was funny as shit, too.

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 9253
Location: UM?
pizza_Place: Aurelios
reents wrote:
I had a question, when Finn Balor does his top rope move, I think it's called the coup de grace, where jumps from top rope and his feet go into the guys stomach, how does he do it, where the guys insides aren't in a lot of pain are his legs aren't damaged, looks painful.


Dude weighs 20lbs. It's not that bad of a move to take.

_________________
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What the hell, I would. Post op is OK right? Right?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 69568
Im sure all you hardcores know this but this Twitter page is awesome


https://twitter.com/WrestlingArcade

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sure all you hardcores know this but this Twitter page is awesome


https://twitter.com/WrestlingArcade


Yep very fun.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 69568
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sure all you hardcores know this but this Twitter page is awesome


https://twitter.com/WrestlingArcade


Yep very fun.

The Million Dollar Man kicking the basketball one is amazing

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:10 pm
Posts: 22076
pizza_Place: ......
rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sure all you hardcores know this but this Twitter page is awesome


https://twitter.com/WrestlingArcade


Yep very fun.

The Million Dollar Man kicking the basketball one is amazing


yea that is serious awesome


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 2426
pizza_Place: Pizza? We don't need no stinkin' pizza!
FMK? - Asuka, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:18 pm
Posts: 14066
pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
FrankDrebin wrote:
FMK? - Asuka, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce

Ember moon,Asuka,Peyton

_________________
When I am stuck and need to figure something out I always remember the Immortal words of Socrates when he said:"I just drank what?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am
Posts: 2307
pizza_Place: Giordano's
chaspoppcap wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FMK? - Asuka, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce

Ember moon,Asuka,Peyton

Spot on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 2426
pizza_Place: Pizza? We don't need no stinkin' pizza!
Charly Caruso looking good on the NXT Takeover preshow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 2426
pizza_Place: Pizza? We don't need no stinkin' pizza!
Kurt Angle appearing on the NXT preshow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bobby Roode made his main roster debut on Smackdown.

GLORIOUS!!!

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27950
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Bobby Roode made his main roster debut on Smackdown.

GLORIOUS!!!

Image

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 69568
Image

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 32828
I know there has been talk on here about Tony Schiavone's podcast (couldn't find a dedicated thread), but I finally gave it a listen. I listened to 2 episodes and I can't say I was impressed. The shows seem to be incredibly disorganized with talk jumping all over the place. I know each show is supposed to have a main topic, but Tony just can't seem to stay focused. A podcast that should be around an hour per episode turns into a 2 hour snoozefest. I thought I would be hearing Schiavone break bad on how much of a mess everything was in WCW, but his takes seem to be lukewarm at best. Yeah, he makes the obvious complaints that everyone knows about WCW, but it would be nice to hear him break bad on someone you wouldn't expect.

Maybe it was just the episodes I listened to. I caught the NWO Souled Out review (Episode 2), and the last Monday Nitro (Episode 7), but neither peaked my interest. Any memorable episodes you can point me to?

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 69568
Image

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27950
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Douchebag wrote:
I know there has been talk on here about Tony Schiavone's podcast (couldn't find a dedicated thread), but I finally gave it a listen. I listened to 2 episodes and I can't say I was impressed. The shows seem to be incredibly disorganized with talk jumping all over the place. I know each show is supposed to have a main topic, but Tony just can't seem to stay focused. A podcast that should be around an hour per episode turns into a 2 hour snoozefest. I thought I would be hearing Schiavone break bad on how much of a mess everything was in WCW, but his takes seem to be lukewarm at best. Yeah, he makes the obvious complaints that everyone knows about WCW, but it would be nice to hear him break bad on someone you wouldn't expect.

Maybe it was just the episodes I listened to. I caught the NWO Souled Out review (Episode 2), and the last Monday Nitro (Episode 7), but neither peaked my interest. Any memorable episodes you can point me to?


The Four Horsemen episode is terrific. The Arn Anderson episode is very good. The DDP episode isn't bad.

I feel like his shows not necessarily focused on one particular show are the good ones. I don't like how they try and have him call the match on the podcast...that sucks, IMO...especially for those of us who are listening while not in front of a TV or computer.

The Bruce Prichard show is far better.

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 9253
Location: UM?
pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hey

Tommy Young

_________________
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What the hell, I would. Post op is OK right? Right?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Hey

Tommy Young


Easy way or hard way bruddah.

Ah. Ah. Ah.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
I know there has been talk on here about Tony Schiavone's podcast (couldn't find a dedicated thread), but I finally gave it a listen. I listened to 2 episodes and I can't say I was impressed. The shows seem to be incredibly disorganized with talk jumping all over the place. I know each show is supposed to have a main topic, but Tony just can't seem to stay focused. A podcast that should be around an hour per episode turns into a 2 hour snoozefest. I thought I would be hearing Schiavone break bad on how much of a mess everything was in WCW, but his takes seem to be lukewarm at best. Yeah, he makes the obvious complaints that everyone knows about WCW, but it would be nice to hear him break bad on someone you wouldn't expect.

Maybe it was just the episodes I listened to. I caught the NWO Souled Out review (Episode 2), and the last Monday Nitro (Episode 7), but neither peaked my interest. Any memorable episodes you can point me to?


It took a while for it to find it's groove but it's an enjoyable listen. Like boyd said the Horseman episode was great. So was the Arn Anderson episode and the Q and A episode last week.

It's definitely a different vibe than Prichard's show but I enjoy it.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am
Posts: 2307
pizza_Place: Giordano's
I've only listened off youtube. Is Conor his partner?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 27950
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
Cashman wrote:
I've only listened off youtube. Is Conor his partner?


Yeah...Conrad Thompson

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
The reality is that all of us family men have grappled with our own mortality, giving us an enlightened perspective, and that is why HawaiiYou should marry this toothless meth addict.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 5914
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
On TOny Schiavone, I was watching something and wanted to work at Starbucks too, just an interesting tid bit.

Also, looks like again, GFW/Impact wrestling could be in trouble again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47133
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Starrcade is back.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/arti ... greensboro

Starrcade is back, and for the first time in 30 years, it’s coming home.

On Saturday, Nov. 25, during Thanksgiving weekend, Starrcade returns when the Superstars of SmackDown LIVE descend on Greensboro, N.C., for a historic event at the Greensboro Coliseum.

The premier event of the National Wrestling Alliance and, later, WCW, Starrcade got its start in Greensboro on Thanksgiving 1983 with a star-studded lineup that saw Ric Flair defeat Harley Race to win his second of 16 World Championships. Starrcade remained in Greensboro through 1986 and was the stage on which legendary performers like Dusty Rhodes, The Four Horsemen, Magnum TA, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express and many more etched their names into sports-entertainment history.

As the calendar turned to the 1990s, a new generation of competitors emerged to take the Starrcade spotlight, like Sting, Vader and the nWo. The last edition of Starrcade under the WCW banner took place in December 2000.

Watch every Starrcade on WWE Network

Now, fans in Greensboro will get the opportunity to be a part of history, as Starrcade returns with an absolutely stacked card featuring two Steel Cage Matches. Matches announced* for the return of Starrcade include:

WWE Championship Steel Cage Match
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

SmackDown Women’s Championship Steel Cage Match
Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair

United States Championship Triple Threat Match
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match
The New Day vs. The Usos

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

Breezango vs Aiden English & Mike Kanellis w/ Maria Kanellis

The Hardy Boyz are also confirmed to appear at Starrcade in their home state of North Carolina, as are WWE Hall of Famers and Starrcade legends Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express!

Tickets for Starrcade will be available starting Friday, Sept. 29, at 10 a.m. ET at Ticketmaster. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of history as Starrcade returns!

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am
Posts: 2307
pizza_Place: Giordano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Starrcade is back.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/arti ... greensboro

Starrcade is back, and for the first time in 30 years, it’s coming home.

On Saturday, Nov. 25, during Thanksgiving weekend, Starrcade returns when the Superstars of SmackDown LIVE descend on Greensboro, N.C., for a historic event at the Greensboro Coliseum.

The premier event of the National Wrestling Alliance and, later, WCW, Starrcade got its start in Greensboro on Thanksgiving 1983 with a star-studded lineup that saw Ric Flair defeat Harley Race to win his second of 16 World Championships. Starrcade remained in Greensboro through 1986 and was the stage on which legendary performers like Dusty Rhodes, The Four Horsemen, Magnum TA, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express and many more etched their names into sports-entertainment history.

As the calendar turned to the 1990s, a new generation of competitors emerged to take the Starrcade spotlight, like Sting, Vader and the nWo. The last edition of Starrcade under the WCW banner took place in December 2000.

Watch every Starrcade on WWE Network

Now, fans in Greensboro will get the opportunity to be a part of history, as Starrcade returns with an absolutely stacked card featuring two Steel Cage Matches. Matches announced* for the return of Starrcade include:

WWE Championship Steel Cage Match
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

SmackDown Women’s Championship Steel Cage Match
Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair

United States Championship Triple Threat Match
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match
The New Day vs. The Usos

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

Breezango vs Aiden English & Mike Kanellis w/ Maria Kanellis

The Hardy Boyz are also confirmed to appear at Starrcade in their home state of North Carolina, as are WWE Hall of Famers and Starrcade legends Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express!

Tickets for Starrcade will be available starting Friday, Sept. 29, at 10 a.m. ET at Ticketmaster. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of history as Starrcade returns!



Kinda feels like someone else is starting to take charge. Vince would never allow someone else's idea to be on his show.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group