It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Baby McNown wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So I gather they teased that Braun would cash in after Reigns won, but they didn't?

The whole Reigns thing is very odd to me.

Didn't even tease after the match...Braun was out there the whole time, Brock beat him up, got back in the ring, got speared, got pinned.

Ok if they are going this route I can tolerate Roman with the belt.

This helps...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So I gather they teased that Braun would cash in after Reigns won, but they didn't?

Didn't even tease after the match...Braun was out there the whole time, Brock beat him up, got back in the ring, got speared, got pinned.

This helps...

I think I'm alone in this but I hated the Shield coming back last night. Does nothing for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

This helps...

I think I'm alone in this but I hated the Shield coming back last night. Does nothing for me.

I watched that. Michael Cole really over selling that as some big moment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I enjoyed it...and I'm hoping it's step 1 in a heel turn for all 3...they're far more enjoyable as heels.

Or, look at it this way...Vince like factions factions. Maybe we get some factions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
That did seem heelish, especially with Roman smiling and laughing during some of it too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
reents wrote:
That did seem heelish, especially with Roman smiling and laughing during some of it too.

You could hear some of the crowd booing the Shield as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:31 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I enjoyed it...and I'm hoping it's step 1 in a heel turn for all 3...they're far more enjoyable as heels.

Or, look at it this way...Vince like factions factions. Maybe we get some factions.

Ambrose and Reigns as heels? Yes.
Rollins stays face, gets kicked out of the group and is replaced with someone else.
Creates the story leading to Rollins beating Reigns at WM35 for the title.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Braun is going to get his old tag team partners to back him up, Nicolas & Alexa. Then he's going to single-handily squash the SHIELD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Obviously this won't drag out nearly as long, but trying to turn Becky heel (against Charlotte no less) is almost as dumb as trying to get Reigns over as the top face.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 pm 

Rowan tore his triceps at the PPV which is why New Day won the belts tonight.

Sucks for him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Rowan tore his triceps at the PPV which is why New Day won the belts tonight.

Sucks for him.

Add him to the list of guys that are always hurt. Time to move on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:33 pm 

Owens helping out Strowman tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:35 pm 

Didn't watch Raw tonight, but just read where HBK and Taker were there and had an in ring segment. They talked about the Australia match with Taker and HHH. Odd that HBK was the one there going at it with Taker on the Mic. Are they going to set up some part 3 of HBK and Taker?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:28 am 

RFDC wrote:
Didn't watch Raw tonight, but just read where HBK and Taker were there and had an in ring segment. They talked about the Australia match with Taker and HHH. Odd that HBK was the one there going at it with Taker on the Mic. Are they going to set up some part 3 of HBK and Taker?

I think so.

Vince probably watched All-In & booked an emergency flight for UT to show up tonight. Not a terrible show, but it reeked of desperation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:52 am 

Colonel Angus wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think so.

Vince probably watched All-In & booked an emergency flight for UT to show up tonight. Not a terrible show, but it reeked of desperation.

It was like watching a holiday show...oh, wait. It was a holiday show.

At least the B-Team aren't tag champs anymore.

And for fuck's sake, we don't need Taker/Shawn three at their current ages unless it's in a wheelchair race.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:55 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

And for fuck's sake, we don't need Taker/Shawn three at their current ages unless it's in a wheelchair race.

I agree on both of these. I wish they'd let The Revival go against Drew & Dolph, but I'm sure Vince has his mind set on Seth (if he isn't injured, as rumored) & Dean winning the tag titles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:42 am 

Colonel Angus wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I agree on both of these. I wish they'd let The Revival go against Drew & Dolph, but I'm sure Vince has his mind set on Seth (if he isn't injured, as rumored) & Dean winning the tag titles.

What to do with the IC title?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

What to do with the IC title?

Either he'll have him be dual champion or he'll have him drop the belt in a random match against Bobby Lashley.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:25 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

It's hilarious how there have been so many potentially good angles and stories that Michaels stayed retired for over the years only to now be about to come back for a dumb HHH/Undertaker retread just to appease the Saudis. Seriously, if he didn't come back for the Bryan-Authority angle he never should.

On the plus side, this would make the "End of An Era" match an even bigger joke than it already was. A shitty and nonsensical build, a boring match with literally only one decent spot, and an "iconic" walkout that meant nothing at all for any of the 3 guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's insane that WrestleMania XIX could have had Hogan-Austin and Michaels-Rock but didn't. Diminished capacities aside, that would have been an all-timer and the only proper way to send Austin off. I think Michaels-Jericho was fine enough, I wasn't really paying attention at that point in the night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:56 pm 

What did you guys think of the Brie Bella situation, seems like this was ring rust, I would just say she just needed to look at what she was doing instead of focusing on the crowd.

If anybody lost, she was doing the Daniel Bryan kicks and kicked Liv Morgan in the head and got knocked out during it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:03 pm 

She made a mistake. Accidents happen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 pm 

Carmella is Roll damn Tide with her new hair color.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:04 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

Yep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

She is Roll Tide no matter what hair color she has.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm 

Really weird seeing HBK with a shaved head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 am 

Probably will still do it, will they entertain the thought of cancelling their ppv in Saudi Arabia due to recent events, Kane acts like still going, wonder if he will get some pressure being in politics to not go.
http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/ne ... s#/slide/1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 pm 

In my opinion, the line of the year in wrestling last night from Rousey talking to the Bellas, the Bellas talked about knocking down doors for everyone in the future, especially Nikki Bella, Rousey shot back with the only door you knocked down was to John Cena's bedroom, the crowd exploded, and then followed with he eventually threw you out that exact same door.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:54 pm 

Quote:
Jim Ross & Chris Jericho Working With Billionaire To Launch New Wrestling Promotion

The groundwork is being laid for a new wrestling promotion. It involves some of the top players in the industry and financial backing from a billionaire family already involved in professional sports.
Jim Ross and Chris Jericho have been working with renowned agent Barry Bloom in putting the pieces together. JR’s contract with WWE expires shortly and he has declined an offer to renew. He has been sending out feelers to select WWE performers, while Jericho has been handling the New Japan side. Bloom was recently in Japan taking meetings related to this deal.

The project is being financed by the Khan family. Shahid Khan, the patriarch, is one of the wealthiest men on the world (and a colorful personality). He owns the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham F.C. of the English Premier League. Shahid’s son, Tony, is a big wrestling fan and has been hands-on with getting this off the ground. He follows a few wrestlers on Twitter, including Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll.
Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks are on board, as are Hangman Page and a few others. Kenny Omega’s status is unclear. For what it’s worth, Bill Goldberg is a client of Barry Bloom, along with JR and Jericho. When The Elite has talked about sticking together next year, this is what they’ve been alluding to. Jim Ross has been coy about this on his podcast, vaguely teasing something big on the horizon without showing his cards.
With the A-level talent they are getting commitments from, the group will burn through a ton of cash quickly. They are moving forward with the understanding that significant losses are expected for the first couple years.
Talks are underway with AXS to secure a TV deal. AXS TV executive Adam Swift is fast-tracking this. AXS currently airs New Japan Pro Wrestling and recently announced Jeanie Buss’ Women of Wrestling premieres in January. Sinclair Broadcasting, which provided logistical support for All In and has been acting in good faith, has been in the dark about this story.
The timeline for this going live is 12-16 months from now (late 2019 / early 2020).

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm 

Be interesting to see if it actually comes to fruition.

It helps having billionaires involved who won't care about losing money early on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 88  Next