It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
chaspoppcap wrote:
Well,new details are really not looking good for Vinny Mac. If stuff is true he might be going to jail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:07 pm 

Been watching some of the old Saturday Night NWA shows from the mid 1980s. Really been enjoying some things from my childhood.

But something has confused me about this time period....

How do you have two blonde headed "Nature Boys" that both use the figure four leg lock as their finisher?

In one segment they interview the Nature Boy Ric Flair and he does his thing.

Then in the very next segment they have Nature Boy Buddy Landel wrestle a jobber and use the figure four leg lock and he had JJ Dillion with him as a manager.

:lol: makes no sense

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Have to say that poking AEW marks on social media has turned into an enjoyable endeavor. Really enjoyed the thoughts of a guy that said Omega was better than Harley Race.

You usually only find that type of be wrong but go strong type stuff here in the politics section.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Vincent Kennedy McMahon, your bus is here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wwe-board- ... 1655322722

A Wall Street Journal report published this afternoon (June 15) claims the WWE board of directors is investigating a $3 million settlement long-time Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon paid to a now ex-employee with whom he’d had an affair. Joe Palazzolo and Ted Mann’s story is based on “documents and people familiar with the board inquiry.”

The primary focus of the board’s investigation is a Jan. 2022 agreement with a woman who was hired in 2019 as a paralegal. It bars her from discussing her relationship with Mr. McMahon or disparaging him. The settlement came to light via anonymous emails sent to the board by someone claiming to be a friend of the woman who received the $3 million payout. The first email, sent in March of this year, claims the 76 year old McMahon hired the 41 year old woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after they began a sexual relationship. It also alleges McMahon “gave her like a toy” to head of talent relations John Laurinaitis. The Journal’s sources say the woman worked in WWE’s legal department until 2021 when she was made an assistant to Laurinaitis.

What’s more, the report says the board has unearthed an undetermined number of additional past nondisclosure agreements with former female WWE employees who alleged misconduct by McMahon and Laurinaitis. The eight independent members of the board (excluding Vince, his daughter Stephanie, her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, and WWE President Nick Khan) have retained outside counsel to run the investigation. That law firm, New York-based Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, is still collecting information about the other NDAs. But the Journal’s sources say the probe has determined the payments totaled in the millions of dollars. It also reports the investigation is “assessing WWE’s compliance and human-resources programs and company culture.”

HE GONE!

Retirement announcement just hours after Triple H was announced to return to an EVP position.

It has begun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Vincent Kennedy McMahon, your bus is here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wwe-board- ... 1655322722

A Wall Street Journal report published this afternoon (June 15) claims the WWE board of directors is investigating a $3 million settlement long-time Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon paid to a now ex-employee with whom he’d had an affair. Joe Palazzolo and Ted Mann’s story is based on “documents and people familiar with the board inquiry.”

The primary focus of the board’s investigation is a Jan. 2022 agreement with a woman who was hired in 2019 as a paralegal. It bars her from discussing her relationship with Mr. McMahon or disparaging him. The settlement came to light via anonymous emails sent to the board by someone claiming to be a friend of the woman who received the $3 million payout. The first email, sent in March of this year, claims the 76 year old McMahon hired the 41 year old woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after they began a sexual relationship. It also alleges McMahon “gave her like a toy” to head of talent relations John Laurinaitis. The Journal’s sources say the woman worked in WWE’s legal department until 2021 when she was made an assistant to Laurinaitis.

What’s more, the report says the board has unearthed an undetermined number of additional past nondisclosure agreements with former female WWE employees who alleged misconduct by McMahon and Laurinaitis. The eight independent members of the board (excluding Vince, his daughter Stephanie, her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, and WWE President Nick Khan) have retained outside counsel to run the investigation. That law firm, New York-based Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, is still collecting information about the other NDAs. But the Journal’s sources say the probe has determined the payments totaled in the millions of dollars. It also reports the investigation is “assessing WWE’s compliance and human-resources programs and company culture.”

HE GONE!

Retirement announcement just hours after Triple H was announced to return to an EVP position.

It has begun.

Was CM Punk right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:58 am 

Tons of stuff out there about how Johnny Ace used to page through lingerie catalogs to find "divas", and it's obvious when you look at Vince that he's been taking stuff for decades to make him looked jacked up, his entire business is based on hiring the most physically attractive people he can find. Surprising that they were able to pull this type of behavior off for so long with all the social media we have today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:25 am 

Triple H officially head of creative and talent relations.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
McMahon slush fund has now jumped tto $13.6 million. Rumors now looking that there are going to be all kinds of investigations into the company and Vince.
Plus, Tony Khan is talking openly about the company being open for a sale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
I never got the impression that the stuff Vince used to pull with his Divas was that much of a work to be honest. It always seemed to be just a little bit too authentic to me. The stuff here is hardly a shocker.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:25 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
I never got the impression that the stuff Vince used to pull with his Divas was that much of a work to be honest. It always seemed to be just a little bit too authentic to me. The stuff here is hardly a shocker.

Yup, it seems the very profession that required a young Clawmaster to suspend disbelief and actually consider that Greg Gagne, who looked very much like my Jr. High English teacher, actually had a sliver of a chance in a physical confrontation with Joe Laurinaitis or Mike Hegstrand (Hawks traps were bigger than Gagne's arms), would expect one to further suspend belief to the point that you actually believe that a creepy old, 'roided up dude like Vince created an entire genre of Women's pro wrestling he called "Divas" just to provide opportunities for attractive young women and not as a type of harem for Johnny Ace and himself is odd.

It does however make all the stories about Vince working 16 hour days and never taking a day off seem completely plausible, if work is talking to a bunch of goofs and then taking, "snack breaks" with handpicked young ladies, it would make it easy to love what you do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 am 

conns7901 wrote:

Poor Chas

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
RFDC wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Poor Chas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:28 pm 

Checking out SummerSlam tonight.

Curious to see how it goes off under HHH

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Becky Lynch is a little too white for that outfit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Been a good show so far.

Bayley, Io, and Dakota Kai debuting/returning was ok.

Logan Paul looked great once again.

Theory/Lashley was short, but is leading to another storyline for Theory.

Edge returned to take out Judgment Day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:52 pm 

Logan Paul has looked really good. Just like he was made for this stuff.

it is pretty cool that 2 former roommates with the Colts can have a match together.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:44 pm 

Enjoyed the show.

Brock and Roman was pretty entertaining. Love Cowboy Brock and the tractor at the ring.

The ladies matches were good. Liked how they screwed Rhonda.

Edge coming back.

Well done by HHH on his first show.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:07 am 

Not getting Tony Kahn booking wrestlers from promotions that nobody cares about with no build up?

It's almost as if he is happy staying where he is at and not growing the promotion. The gimmick guys he trots out there week after week would work for short stints in the territory days, but get stale quickly, he must not realize this or be afraid to bring in someone to help book. He basically wastes hours and hours of TV time with matches featuring people nobody cares about, or botch fests with green talent or goofs that want to just to the trampoline park stuff they do every week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:30 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Not getting Tony Kahn booking wrestlers from promotions that nobody cares about with no build up?

It's almost as if he is happy staying where he is at and not growing the promotion. The gimmick guys he trots out there week after week would work for short stints in the territory days, but get stale quickly, he must not realize this or be afraid to bring in someone to help book. He basically wastes hours and hours of TV time with matches featuring people nobody cares about, or botch fests with green talent or goofs that want to just to the trampoline park stuff they do every week.

It's just Outlaw Mudshow Bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:38 am 

for a company that is still touted as a threat to WWE, im really struggling to think of one thing they're currently doing "better". and it really comes down to one thing and thats the overall product, and AEW isnt even close to being a better product.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:07 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
for a company that is still touted as a threat to WWE, im really struggling to think of one thing they're currently doing "better". and it really comes down to one thing and thats the overall product, and AEW isnt even close to being a better product.

Honestly, the only people that think it's "better" are the fanboys that want it to be "better". I watch both...I wouldn't say it's better. It's just different. I generally find myself more entertained by WWE, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm 

i dont know if its because WWE is just more "established" or if its what ive followed. but i stopped watching for about a decade. never saw CM Punk wrestle in WWE to give you an idea of the era i missed, but watching again around 2015/2016, i was able to get right back into. none of the guys in AEW or storylines seem substantial to care about or follow. Id only tune in for Jericho or Brodie Lee and one of them is dead now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:47 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Honestly, the only people that think it's "better" are the fanboys that want it to be "better". I watch both...I wouldn't say it's better. It's just different. I generally find myself more entertained by WWE, though.

Yeah, the AEW fanboys are militant, actually had one dude in a comment section say Moxley was better than Harley Race, but a glance at their FB stuff shows them to be tiny little fellas that are more Planet Fitness than free weight big boy gym types, so of course they identify with the little fellas pretending to be pro wrestlers on AEW, some of the dudes in AEW have potential, but Tony Khan's clumsy booking dooms most of them quickly.

If Khan would bring in a few guys that were at least competent enough to run the book in a way that builds young talent, he could maybe start gaining a bit of more of a following.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Clawmaster wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Yeah, the AEW fanboys are militant, actually had one dude in a comment section say Moxley was better than Harley Race, but a glance at their FB stuff shows them to be tiny little fellas that are more Planet Fitness than free weight big boy gym types, so of course they identify with the little fellas pretending to be pro wrestlers on AEW, some of the dudes in AEW have potential, but Tony Khan's clumsy booking dooms most of them quickly.

If Khan would bring in a few guys that were at least competent enough to run the book in a way that builds young talent, he could maybe start gaining a bit of more of a following.

Khan needs to stop being the "spokesman" for everything AEW; he's turning off people with his approach. Let your wrestlers talk and be the focus, especially at these post-PPV media scrums.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

To channel my inner Jim Cornette, if Kenny Olivier and the Hardley Boys had any interest in building a brand instead of trampoline play fighting with a billionaire's money, they'd book it better, and start by not booking themselves. Instead, Khan is using daddy's money to channel his inner fanboy.

It's akin to when the WWE went to Saudi Arabia the first time a handful of years ago, and the prince that wanted to bring it in was trying to get guys who were either long retired/disabled or dead on the show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:19 pm 

HBK is now VP of talent development.

The Kliq/DX is running the E now.

For fans of the attitude era that is pretty surreal.

oh and Fuck Chas ;)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
RFDC wrote:
HBK is now VP of talent development.

The Kliq/DX is running the E now.

For fans of the attitude era that is pretty surreal.

oh and Fuck Chas ;)

Yeah,well everyone knew ole HHH and HBK would get a chance. Now the shine has come off real fast. seems everyone even Meltzer is turning on them. The whispers of a sale are now becoming open talk. When The A block of shareholders dumps their stock, how long till we see new management. Right now the only way VKM is gonna get off the hook is if DJT gets back in the White House as Linda is on the election committee,but then again will she help Vince out?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I fell down a rabbit hole and now I'm watching Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story. It's on Peacock.

I love The Macho Man. He was great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I fell down a rabbit hole and now I'm watching Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story. It's on Peacock.

Yes he was! My all-time favorites:

Macho Man
Dusty Rhodes
Roddy Piper
Gino Hernandez
Terry Funk
Bockwinkel/Heenan
Flair (obviously)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:21 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Yes he was! My all-time favorites:

Macho Man
Dusty Rhodes
Roddy Piper
Gino Hernandez
Terry Funk
Bockwinkel/Heenan
Flair (obviously)

Gino! now that is a name I didnt expect to find on your list.

I completely get your love for Terry Funk considering his run as Chainsaw charlie!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 88  Next