It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Top 20 Finishers
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Don't like it. Too much setup and the other guy has to stand there like a goof waiting for it.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
jackref wrote:
Don't like it. Too much setup and the other guy has to stand there like a goof waiting for it.

Exactly. It sucks...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Ankle Lock - something sounding so simple was used to excellent affect by Kurt Angle. He could perform the move instantly and typically it was so easily sold by both guys. Great submission.

F5 - Lesnar's finisher had such great impact because he's so damn tall. Plus he was so strong he could lift even huge guys like Mark Henry up to perform it. It was awesome because it was pretty much unique to him.

The Sharpshooter - The move itself wasn't that crazy, just kind of a reverse inclined figure four, but the setup for it was beautiful. If the match was technical enough Bret/Owen could come out of a series of pins or counter a hurricanrana, etc. Once Bret especially had your legs the audience would just freak the fuck out because they knew it was over. Plus the move had that bit of setup time that allowed for guys to kick out of it, plus it provided a showcase for endurance of some athletes as they refuse to surrender to it/grab the rope.

Slegehammer/Spear - I used to hate this finisher because it had a 'photo op' moment where Goldberg would hold the guy up in the air in a suplex but the premeditation of it with the spear plus the awesome slam into a pin were pretty fantastic.

Sweet Chin Music - It's required in every top finisher list. He could do it at any time and if the impact was just right there would be a huge audible crack of when boot met face.

Stone Cold Stunner - The move kind of jumped the shark because he did it about 30,000 times in a 4 year span, but it still makes me laugh when McMahon would lie on the mat eyes boggled and convulsing after getting stunned for the first time.

Tombstone - Very simple and elegant finisher that doesn't have the sexiness of something more complex but with a very few rare exceptions when the tombstone is performed, that match is goddamn over.

3D - Probably the best tag team finisher of all time. It almost always involved a table or two and the crowd could anticipate it. Just awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Dewskie wrote:
Ankle Lock - something sounding so simple was used to excellent affect by Kurt Angle. He could perform the move instantly and typically it was so easily sold by both guys. Great submission.

F5 - Lesnar's finisher had such great impact because he's so damn tall. Plus he was so strong he could lift even huge guys like Mark Henry up to perform it. It was awesome because it was pretty much unique to him.

The Sharpshooter - The move itself wasn't that crazy, just kind of a reverse inclined figure four, but the setup for it was beautiful. If the match was technical enough Bret/Owen could come out of a series of pins or counter a hurricanrana, etc. Once Bret especially had your legs the audience would just freak the fuck out because they knew it was over. Plus the move had that bit of setup time that allowed for guys to kick out of it, plus it provided a showcase for endurance of some athletes as they refuse to surrender to it/grab the rope.

Slegehammer/Spear - I used to hate this finisher because it had a 'photo op' moment where Goldberg would hold the guy up in the air in a suplex but the premeditation of it with the spear plus the awesome slam into a pin were pretty fantastic.

Sweet Chin Music - It's required in every top finisher list. He could do it at any time and if the impact was just right there would be a huge audible crack of when boot met face.

Stone Cold Stunner - The move kind of jumped the shark because he did it about 30,000 times in a 4 year span, but it still makes me laugh when McMahon would lie on the mat eyes boggled and convulsing after getting stunned for the first time.

Tombstone - Very simple and elegant finisher that doesn't have the sexiness of something more complex but with a very few rare exceptions when the tombstone is performed, that match is goddamn over.

3D - Probably the best tag team finisher of all time. It almost always involved a table or two and the crowd could anticipate it. Just awesome.

Wrong, best tag team finisher was Total Elimination.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:32 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

The Road Warriors disagree with both of you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

The Road Warriors disagree with both of you.

Again you are correct. Although I really did like 3D.

Total Elimination was awful.

Last edited by Terry's Peeps on Mon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm 

I was always a fan of the dominator.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:52 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I was always a fan of the dominator.

You would be.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
No love for the Style's Clash?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
^ poor Rey Rey.

That gif of the Lethal Injection is probably the worst I've ever seen him hit it, but I would rank it below the others.

I also like the chaos theory suplex

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
After whining about using no-lift finishers, my current favorite guy in the my current favorite feud uses a brainbuster against Bubba.

Cutter variant #5, the Bubba Cutter

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Christian's Kill Switch is the worst finisher ever.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:35 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Christian's Kill Switch is the worst finisher ever.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.