It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shoot interviews
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I've been listening to Jim Cornette clips on youtube for weeks now. They're fascinating in that Cornette details all the ways bookers like Russo, Bischoff, Ole Anderson, and Vince himself couldn't find their asses with both hands, and then Cornette sounds just as unhinged as any of them. He'll start shrieking "goddamn motherfucker you're exposing the business!" about something that sounds totally mundane to anyone with a concept of pro wrestling after 1985. I mean, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, his shit was old 25 years ago.

Speaking of Bischoff, I'll watch anything with him in it because WCW's pervasive weirdness fascinates me to this day. Even as a kid, I always thought it was weird that there was so little direction to the promotion, that they'd send Brad Armstrong and Steven Regal out to wrestle 15 minutes on Saturday Night just for the sake of it and never have it go anywhere. Now I understand it was because WCW was such a mess. But Bischoff acquits himself so well somehow in all these shoots, like, yeah, a lot of dumb shit happened under his watch, but he does a pretty good job explaining why. Maybe because he's not as much of a carny as everyone else.

Post subject: Re: Shoot interviews
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bischoff shoot interviews are always good. Same with Cornette and Kevin Sullivan. Dutch isn't bad either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I think Bishoff's ego got in the way, but I don't think he had any support. You can't ask someone to be big-picture and small picture at once. The only thing that made WCW was when the NWO came in. And it went off the rails when EVERYONE was in it.

As for Jim Cornette, he is stuck in the 1980's. He still has the mind set of territories.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm 

I like Kevin Nash shoots as well. He's always drunk on wine and doesn't hold back

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 pm 

Corny maybe stuck in the 80s, but he is still great to listen to. I could listen to him all day. I love to hear his stories and his thoughts on the business today.

I listen to a lot of shoots as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Corney is a great listen, but I wouldn't trust him to book a promotion in Assrape, Alabama at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:59 pm 

Just like his sworn enemies Vince Russo and Paul Heyman, he's best suited as a voice in the room but can't be trusted at the controls. If it were up to Jim he'd be running Monday Night Raw out of a UHF TV studio in New Haven.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Just like his sworn enemies Vince Russo and Paul Heyman, he's best suited as a voice in the room but can't be trusted at the controls. If it were up to Jim he'd be running Monday Night Raw out of a UHF TV studio in New Haven.

I don't believe Jim & Paul are enemies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:33 am 

Not to the point of the Vince Russo sitch, but he's spoken pretty ill of Heyman. I think he eventually chilled out and said he respects Heyman's visionary booking in spots but also thinks he exposed the business and was an (((unscrupulous businessman))). Heyman, I believe, said the same thing everyone has said: that Cornette is a true student of the game but should never touch a book again.