It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UFC 217
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:41 am 

GSP returns and shuts up the loud mouth bitch Bisping.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject: Re: UFC 217
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He has to be GOAT now right?

If there was doubt before it has to be gone.

Amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:27 am 

Absolutely. Def GOAT

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
What? The UFC kept Bisping away from anyone who was the least bit threatening for months because those guys would not only beat him but would pose far bigger threats to GSP as well. The interim belt has more legitimacy than the actual middleweight title at this point. Winning in two divisions sounds nice on paper until you realize how many other guys would have title in two divisions if they were able to jump the queue to fight weak beltholders like Bisping.

After this and McGregor's own belt BS, I never want to hear about the UFC caring about the best fighting the best or somehow being fairer than boxing ever again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Possibly the best card I've ever seen, didn't catch any undercard but the main card was outstanding. One great fight after the next, then GSP chokes the shit out of that prick Bisping.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
ZephMarshack wrote:
What? The UFC kept Bisping away from anyone who was the least bit threatening for months because those guys would not only beat him but would pose far bigger threats to GSP as well. The interim belt has more legitimacy than the actual middleweight title at this point. Winning in two divisions sounds nice on paper until you realize how many other guys would have title in two divisions if they were able to jump the queue to fight weak beltholders like Bisping.

After this and McGregor's own belt BS, I never want to hear about the UFC caring about the best fighting the best or somehow being fairer than boxing ever again.

That's that Caller Bob Dana, he's horrible for the sport..GSP isn't cut out to be a middle..he'll drop down to welterweight now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:20 pm 

Hell of a performance from GSP, wasn't expecting that. I'm a huge GSP fan, but thought there would be some ring rust, sure didn't look like it. All 3 title fights were entertaining. Had wagers on each of the 3 ending inside distance, so that was a nice bonus. Should of had some action on GSP, but thought that would be more of a struggle.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

312player wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

That's that Caller Bob Dana, he's horrible for the sport..GSP isn't cut out to be a middle..he'll drop down to welterweight now.

I'm guessing Dana has been told by the new owners to make the fights that will make the most money, and fuck the ranking and divisions. That's why there was talk of Jones/Lesner. I think the owners just want their damn money back. I find it funny that Dana came out this week saying how great a year it's been for the UFC. In years past I ordered every PPV. I think this year I have ordered 2, maybe 3. I ordered last night and Jones/DC 2. They have to many events, need to cut them back. Should be doing 1 PPV a month, and maybe 1 fight night or FOX card a month. Sometimes they do 3 events in a month. Some of these main events are ridiculous, and the co main is even worse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 pm 

I dont follow the UFC as closely as I did a few years ago. Who exactly did they protect Bisping from?

Either way it does not change the greatness that is GSP.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I dont follow the UFC as closely as I did a few years ago. Who exactly did they protect Bisping from?

Agree. Whitaker isn't a fight fans were dying for. Weidman hasn't been worth a fuck since the Silva fights. The 185 division has been kind of eh, lately. Rockhold is back, and Jacare is a threat. Maybe Woodley moves up eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Where the UFC lost me is the constant hype machines at these events. They would spend so much times pumping up the fighters between matches, and then you’d get some worthless fights where they stall on the ground for five minutes. The fighters would talk all this trash, and then not put up. You’d have to commit an entire evening to consume an event.

If they just rolled the fights out one after another, I could stomach the clunkers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:

Instead of any of the top guys he could have fought he went with 50 year old Dan Henderson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 pm 

Wasn't really sure where to put this....but if you are a UFC fan you will want to check out the video of Matt Hughes walking to the octagon tonight in St Louis. Fighting back from a terrible accident that many thought he would not survive. Pretty cool moment for one of the greatest of all time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
https://twitter.com/ufc/status/952747038118051840

Absolutely fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am 

Hughes was so damn strong. His ability to slam people was crazy. His comeback and slam vs. Trigg is a top 3 moment for me.

Frank Coztansa wrote: