It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:36 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I never cared for Hart, but the guys who looked like the biggest bitches of all as a result of the screwjob were indisputably Michaels and Hunter.

It was 100% Bret's fault though.

Maybe even 110%

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Jericho had two things going against him in Vince's eyes- size and a WCW alum. His first appearance was incredible, but they ruined it by having the Rock run him down (and no rivalry resulted from that!). Unless you were Shawn Michaels, Vince did not like "smaller" wrestlers.

Reminds me of when the Radicals -- excuse me, the R4dicalz -- showed up and promptly lost their first matches clean. Prichard defended that one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:39 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
I never cared for Hart, but the guys who looked like the biggest bitches of all as a result of the screwjob were indisputably Michaels and Hunter.

Maybe even 110%

Yeah the bitch was Bret.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
This is something I just read and had never heard one little word about ever ... if accurate, it's an interesting tidbit to add to the weird equation that got us to the Screwjob.

From the January 27th, 1992 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: "One of the stranger stories of the past week involves the Intercontinental title. Officially, as the storyline goes, Bret Hart went to the ring with a 104 degree fever on Friday night (1/17) in Springfield, MA and lost the title to The Mountie. Mountie in turn dropped the title at the Rumble two days later to Roddy Piper. As has become pretty common knowledge as the week went on, Hart had negotiated and at one point agreed to a deal where he would debut on Tuesday (1/21) at the Clash of the Champions for WCW in Topeka where he'd come out with the Intercontinental title as something of a payback for the WWF bringing in Ric Flair and having him wear what WCW considered their world title belt .......... However after apparently agreeing to the deal, Hart had to back off because he realized his contract with the WWF, which he thought had run out, had rolled over and he couldn't give notice for several more months."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
This is something I just read and had never heard one little word about ever ... if accurate, it's an interesting tidbit to add to the weird equation that got us to the Screwjob.

From the January 27th, 1992 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: "One of the stranger stories of the past week involves the Intercontinental title. Officially, as the storyline goes, Bret Hart went to the ring with a 104 degree fever on Friday night (1/17) in Springfield, MA and lost the title to The Mountie. Mountie in turn dropped the title at the Rumble two days later to Roddy Piper. As has become pretty common knowledge as the week went on, Hart had negotiated and at one point agreed to a deal where he would debut on Tuesday (1/21) at the Clash of the Champions for WCW in Topeka where he'd come out with the Intercontinental title as something of a payback for the WWF bringing in Ric Flair and having him wear what WCW considered their world title belt .......... However after apparently agreeing to the deal, Hart had to back off because he realized his contract with the WWF, which he thought had run out, had rolled over and he couldn't give notice for several more months."

Scummy Bret

And that he was going to bring the IC title is hilarious. Fuckin loser.

Neidhart was better. Owen was better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 

:lol: i am all for the brett hate but Neidhart was not close

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: i am all for the brett hate but Neidhart was not close

Neidhart's goatee had more personality than Bret.

Owen as the Blue Blazer was more exciting than Bret

Mary Hart is better than Bret.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bret was fine as champ.

It was the downturn after the insane highs of the 80s.

His problem was he believed that being champ was the most important thing in the WWF. It wasn't.

It's been said if he had a choice between being champ and being paid a million dollars, Bret would choose to be champ.

It's sad Bret died in 2003 and his evil twin Bert has been living as him for years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Gonna need a Bert Hart mult pronto.

Best their is
Best their isn't
Best there ever gonna be

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It's sad Bret died in 2003 and his evil twin Bert has been living as him for years.

It is sad that he had a major stroke after having been kicked in the head. I guess that probably would contribute to the existence of Bert Hort.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Gonna need a Bert Hart mult pronto.

Best their is
Best their isn't
Best there ever gonna be

There's never a right time...to say goodbert.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:39 pm 

I got the Bert thing from a comments section of an article about Flair's autobiography.

Not clear if the guy did it intentionally but he said it 3 times in the comment, so Im thinking intentional.

I loved Bret in the Hart foundation and as an Intercontinental guy. Just not main event for me. Maybe im too Vince-ish.

I mean, has ANYONE ever looked at Bret flexing and said OH GAH LOOK AT THAT!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Pretty badass entrance music though

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
A lot of guys on here seem to know the background stories behind the stories. All I can say is I thought Bret Hart was a great wrestler. True,he didn't have the big personality but neither did a lot of other guys. He entertained me in the ring and that's what counts more than "ring personality".

My list of 5 "tech" wrasslers I thought were pretty good.

5.Dean Malenko
4. Eddie Guererro
3. Bret Hart
2. Kurt Angle
1. Wilbur Snyder (from the '70's AWA)

Dishonorable mention would be the name that shouldn't be mentioned: Chris Benoit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
ZephMarshack wrote:

Yeah if you read the Observer back then. Someone from inside the locker room told him exactly what went down.

The only reason Vince and Shane got the shit knocked out of them is cuze Taker told them for the good of morale they need to go talk to Bret. Go watch Wrestling with Shadows again just for the part with Bets wife vs Hunter and Shawn. The come off as as little assholes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I mean, has ANYONE ever looked at Bret flexing and said OH GAH LOOK AT THAT!

what should have been...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Maybe even 110%

No once again you lack of knowledge of the situation shows. Bret told Vince he would lose it anywhere or time except for in front of his hometown crowd. If I remember correctly,the agreed upon way was the next night at Titian Towers. plus,there was the issue of Shawn never doing a job for Bret. Any time it was Shawns turn to lose clean for him something came up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm 

I sort of forgot the WBF. Was Luger in that?

ill have to wiki that up

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:54 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Maybe even 110%

No once again you lack of knowledge of the situation shows. Bret told Vince he would lose it anywhere or time except for in front of his hometown crowd. If I remember correctly,the agreed upon way was the next night at Titian Towers. plus,there was the issue of Shawn never doing a job for Bret. Any time it was Shawns turn to lose clean for him something came up.

Nope. Wrestling with Shadows was complete bullshit

Bert basically said "I dont want to lose the title anywhere in this hemisphere and the only person Ill drop it to is Alan Thicke"

Bert screwed Bert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Maybe even 110%

Yeah the bitch was Bret.

This is only acceptable if you call anyone who's ever refused to job a bitch. For instance Michaels and the MANY times he refused to put another guy over or Austin when he walked out of Raw because he was booked to lose to Lesnar.

As for fault, it's 100% on Vince. He gave Bret the contract then changed his mind and orchestrated the whole affair. Of course McMahon completely accepted responsibility for his actions, unlike self-righteous Michaels and Hunter, who played dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:03 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Maybe even 110%

Yeah the bitch was Bret.

This is only acceptable if you call anyone who's ever refused to job a bitch. For instance Michaels and the MANY times he refused to put another guy over or Austin when he walked out of Raw because he was booked to lose to Lesnar.

As for fault, it's 100% on Vince. He gave Bret the contract then changed his mind and orchestrated the whole affair. Of course McMahon completely accepted responsibility for his actions, unlike self-righteous Michaels and Hunter, who played dumb.

My hatred aside. If you're leaving the company, you drop the belt. And you dont get to decide where to do it.

If you want creative control of a company, maybe dont leave for the rival.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:03 pm 

Bret in WCW was a trainwreck, too. All that so he could float around the midcard and try to revive the NWO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Bret in WCW was a trainwreck, too. All that so he could float around the midcard and try to revive the NWO.

They really fucked that up. The whole screwjob thing was a gift from the kayfabe gods and they completely wasted it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
rogers park bryan wrote:
My hatred aside. If you're leaving the company, you drop the belt. And you dont get to decide where to do it.

Maybe don't contractually give a guy creative control and then play the victim because he wanted to exercise said creative control. That's on Vince too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:07 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Michaels pulls his "creative control", beats Austin at Mania, does the company survive?

Injury or no-injury, there was no chance Stone Cold was going to lose that Wrestlemania match.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Maybe don't contractually give a guy creative control and then play the victim because he wanted to exercise said creative control. That's on Vince too.

You think Bret deciding when and where he would drop the title right before he went to the competitor was a reasonable position?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Maybe even 110%

Your hatred for HHH skews everything you ever post on this subject.

And it is complete bullshit to say Shawn was not willing to lose clean.

Frank Coztansa wrote: