It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Maybe he can partner with Bryan since Shane has his intestines coming out of his belly button at the moment.

Alright, since you posted that ...

During the morning constitutional, I booked the last parts of WM ... Taker never responds on Raw ... not a peep.

Cena shows up to WM "in the crowd as a fan" ... DB asks him to be his tag partner from in the ring to him out in the crowd (fortunately he's in the front row at that time by pure chance of course) ... Cena gets in and the match doesn't go too long (~10-12 minutes) ... I don't know John's cardio level but I suspect he can still go ... match ends, DB & Cena go over (obviously).

During the celebration, the ring and house lights cut out, blue lights come up(but no bell toiling, just the visual), Cole and the other idiots speculating for 20 seconds, then in an instant the stage and Titantron light up, "Keep Rollin'" fires out of the sound system, and there's the American Badass on his bike at the top of the ramp. No real break between the matches (besides the few minutes' celebration), just morph the two into one long segment essentially. Needless to say the celebration and what would assuredly be a long Taker entrance will give John more than enough time to get his breath back if he needs it (though it's not like it's going to be a Guerrero/Malenko technical masterpiece).

That would be interesting and novel, imo.

Therefore they wouldn't do it .... gotta be sure to waste 4 minutes on a Cena video package throwing a fit about Undertaker)

Why are you convinced its the American Badass version? He showed up to the Raw 25th show dressed traditional.

At the end of last year's Wrestlemania, he left his hat and coat in the middle of the ring which signifies the end of that form of the gimmick. At this year's old school Raw, he wore the gear he used at WM 28 & 29. Add in the introduction of Kid Rock into their HOF, it seems to make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
ZephMarshack wrote:
Also I think the general consensus at the time was that the American Badass gimmick sucked. I think it's only become romanticized in the last few years because the few highs are much more remembered than how boring it quickly became.

This

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 pm 

I like your booking DT. I would be down for that, but I am not that big of a fan of the American badass character. I would prefer just the traditional taker.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Also I think the general consensus at the time was that the American Badass gimmick sucked. I think it's only become romanticized in the last few years because the few highs are much more remembered than how boring it quickly became.

YOU'VE DONE IT NOW
YOU'VE GONE AND MADE A BIG MISTAKE