It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
sinicalypse wrote:

Sini-dude, you're in 5th place in the Worst Poster poll--you're behind America even. Come on, don't disappoint those of us who voted for you. Get out there and suck!

Quote:
Not a whit. We defy augury. There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all. Since no man of aught he leaves knows, what is ’t to leave betimes? Let be.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Lmao this is horrible

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:42 pm 
What the hell was that?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Roman May die. I’m okay with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Roman May die. I’m okay with that.

At least he lost.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 pm 

That is the most blood I have seen in a match in quite awhile. Reigns was really bleeding

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
is this stuff still ppv? I'm surprised guys are still watching it. It seems like WWE is on the downtreand these days? Is that true?

What was the last boom time for wrestling? Steve Austin / Hogan - Nash - Hall era?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 am 

That was really bad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Overall, was not a good wrestlemania. Didn't make sense for Charlotte,AJ, or Brock to retain their titles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am 

Cashman wrote:
Overall, was not a good wrestlemania. Didn't make sense for Charlotte,AJ, or Brock to retain their titles.

The more I think about it, I'm good on the Charlotte thing...I figured AJ would've been the one to go heel.

I'm done with Borck...I was actually hoping something like Heyman going on to be the advocate for Nakamura...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 am 

RFDC wrote:
That is the most blood I have seen in a match in quite awhile. Reigns was really bleeding

Yeah, when I saw the spray, my first thought was...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Brock did the same thing to Orton last year or the year before.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Brock did the same thing to Orton last year or the year before.

Summerslam 2016...that was another really good show that was pure shit for about the last half hour. Although, I was entertained by Braun Strowman and Nicholas...better choice than another over the hill retread with no history.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
OK, as someone that has watched Pro Wrestling since the '70's but has really slowed down since the early '90's, I was really entertained by most matches. When Rowdy Rhonda lifted HHH,I almost jumped out of my seat (but didn't). I really enjoyed that match. What a lot of what you guys are saying is true. The matches got worse the longer it went and I really like Brock Lesnar but he's a one trick pony.

I fell asleep during the AJ Styles match,who won that? The Undertaker match sucked because Cena can't pull it off. He sucked. This Daniel Bryan thing I just don't get. His "YES" shit blows and using the same "stretcher gimmick" he did before really made for a dumb move for the WWE. I have missed 90% of Cena's career and about 99% of Bryans. Were the two of them better when they were younger?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Aj Styles own and Nakamura turned heel after the match.

My thughts on Mania, I did like it, the word I would use is unpredicatable, seemed like everyone people thought would win, lost, thought Brock was leaving after last night, he won, thought Asuka and Nakamura would win, they lost, liked how they did to get to Cena-Taker, match nothing special, so I'm good with it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
OK, as someone that has watched Pro Wrestling since the '70's but has really slowed down since the early '90's, I was really entertained by most matches. When Rowdy Rhonda lifted HHH,I almost jumped out of my seat (but didn't). I really enjoyed that match. What a lot of what you guys are saying is true. The matches got worse the longer it went and I really like Brock Lesnar but he's a one trick pony.

I fell asleep during the AJ Styles match,who won that? The Undertaker match sucked because Cena can't pull it off. He sucked. This Daniel Bryan thing I just don't get. His "YES" shit blows and using the same "stretcher gimmick" he did before really made for a dumb move for the WWE. I have missed 90% of Cena's career and about 99% of Bryans. Were the two of them better when they were younger?

You're a Network subscriber now? Cool.

The Bryan thing is all about the underdog story...go back and watch the stuff from late 2013-early 2014 in the run up to WM 30...it will make sense...

The Cena thing was neat because it's fun to see Cena get squashed, and as a big Undertaker fan back in the day, it was just nice to see him in decent shape for the first time in a long time.

The AJ match got better towards the end...if it hadn't been built up the way it was, it would've probably been considered good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
They are really burying Nakamura.

The only good match in my opinion was the Rousey match. She was able to do more than MMA stuff. That hurricanrana was gold!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Stop this nonsense with Jinder Mahal. He's trash.

IMO, you won't find a bigger burrito in the world, than a grown man that watches pro wrestling.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am 

Cashman wrote:

The only good match in my opinion was the Rousey match. She was able to do more than MMA stuff. That hurricanrana was gold!

I don't necessarily believe that...I think he winds up with an "advocate" of some sort...turn him into a silent assassin, type...with a lot of flair.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Cashman wrote:

I'll agree the Rousey match was the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 am 

It was a middle of the road show.

More bad than good, but very little that was outright terrible.

Match ranking:
Mixed Tag - Best match of the night. Struggled in the beginning when Ronda was trying to be a wrestler, but more than made up for it when she went into fighter mode. Her interactions with HHH were great.

Charlotte-Asuka - Solid actual match but the ending was puzzling. Really liked Charlotte selling her arm by only using one arm for the bridge on the Figure 8.

Bryan-Shane vs Owens-Zayn - Match was okay but seeing Bryan back in the ring was what this was all about. Didn't need the stuff at the beginning of the match and Shane is terrible but it was fine overall.

IC Title 3 way - Solid if unspectacular match that felt like a Raw main event.

Smackdown Tag Title match - I get why they did it, but it sucked as this was the Usos first main card Mania match and instead of having a possible show stealer of a match with New Day, they bump and fly around for Bludgeon Brothers. Harper is solid but I hate Rowan.

AJ-Nakamura - Most disappointing match of the night. Again it was a fine Smackdown main event but it could have been so much more. The guys never seemed to get to that next level in the match and then it was just over. Very intrigued by heel Nakamura possibilities and the feud will obviously continue but just not what MANY hoped for.

Nia-Bliss - Average match with a nice finish. And there's nothing worse than watching a fucking fat man weep.

Brock-Roman - Clusterfuck. Crowd shit all over Reigns as soon as he entered, so much so that WWE killed the crowd mic. Brock won and made the crowd happy but if that was the plan, putting this on last made no sense. Just weird.

Raw Tag Title match - Nicholas and Braun win the belts. Felt a little bad for Cesaro and Sheamus being made to look stupid but whatever. Just silly.

US Title 4 way - Easiest match to book and they fucked it up. Rusev has gotten to the point where he was an over babyface on his own (well with Aidan English) and had the entire crowd chant Rusev Day. So what do you do? Have Jinder fucking Mahal pin him. Terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I don't necessarily believe that...I think he winds up with an "advocate" of some sort...turn him into a silent assassin, type...with a lot of flair.

Sort of like Glacier?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Show completely nosedived after the mixed tag. The crowd woke up for the Bryan return but was then pretty shot for the rest of the night. Main event was fun bad at least.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Match ranking:
Mixed Tag - Best match of the night. Struggled in the beginning when Ronda was trying to be a wrestler, but more than made up for it when she went into fighter mode. Her interactions with HHH were great.

Charlotte-Asuka - Solid actual match but the ending was puzzling. Really liked Charlotte selling her arm by only using one arm for the bridge on the Figure 8.

Bryan-Shane vs Owens-Zayn - Match was okay but seeing Bryan back in the ring was what this was all about. Didn't need the stuff at the beginning of the match and Shane is terrible but it was fine overall.

Smackdown Tag Title match - I get why they did it, but it sucked as this was the Usos first main card Mania match and instead of having a possible show stealer of a match with New Day, they bump and fly around for Bludgeon Brothers. Harper is solid but I hate Rowan.

AJ-Nakamura - Most disappointing match of the night. Again it was a fine Smackdown main event but it could have been so much more. The guys never seemed to get to that next level in the match and then it was just over. Very intrigued by heel Nakamura possibilities and the feud will obviously continue but just not what MANY hoped for.

Nia-Bliss - Average match with a nice finish. And there's nothing worse than watching a fucking fat man weep.

Brock-Roman - Clusterfuck. Crowd shit all over Reigns as soon as he entered, so much so that WWE killed the crowd mic. Brock won and made the crowd happy but if that was the plan, putting this on last made no sense. Just weird.

Raw Tag Title match - Nicholas and Braun win the belts. Felt a little bad for Cesaro and Sheamus being made to look stupid but whatever. Just silly.

US Title 4 way - Easiest match to book and they fucked it up. Rusev has gotten to the point where he was an over babyface on his own (well with Aidan English) and had the entire crowd chant Rusev Day. So what do you do? Have Jinder fucking Mahal pin him. Terrible.

Sad that Peeps fell asleep during the Cena/Taker match.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Match ranking:

Sad that Peeps fell asleep during the Cena/Taker match.

That wasn't even a match.

Didn't like that it was regular old Taker like last year didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
turn him into a silent assassin, type...with a lot of flair.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 am 

So now every title contender has to agree to let Lesnar beat them bloody? This will make the fans finally accept Reigns?

Rousey match was fun, and she looked good in the ring. But this smiling and waving personality is not her, and she's awful on the mic. Overall it was a boring show. No great bumps. No memorable entrances. Undertaker came back for some reason after leaving his gear in the ring a year before. Taking a queue from this everything felt a bit off, like it was poorly planned.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Sort of like Glacier?

Yeah, but with personality.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:27 am 

Someone pointed out that Brock breaks Punk's championship reign in a couple of months. Wouldn't be surprised if Vince and Trips' pettiness about him outweighed their desire to give Roman his coronation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:30 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Someone pointed out that Brock breaks Punk's championship reign in a couple of months. Wouldn't be surprised if Vince and Trips' pettiness about him outweighed their desire to give Roman his coronation.

I think the goal was to make the fans respect Reigns by showing he's never gonna quit, but they failed to realize that the crowd didn't give two fucks about either of these guys.