It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Tyson The Knockout
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It's on now. Pretty good, Not too much new info. Great seeing all the old footage, he was something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spaulding wrote:
It's on now. Pretty good, Not too much new info. Great seeing all the old footage, he was something.

Was that the ABC one from last month?

I was looking forward to that but, like you, I knew all that from being alive at the time. Still worth a watch.

Kind of gave me the realization that the only thing catered to my age group are Cadillac commercials.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
haha. Yeah I didn't see it when it came out. Caught it tonight. Don King was something too.

I never followed boxing. A couple boxers maybe. It seems like an odd sport, I don't think I'd have the stomach to be a fan. I like some of the personalities though.

George Foreman was on some TV show a few years ago. Terry Bradshaw, Fonzie, and Shattner would go on trips together. It was great.

Last edited by Spaulding on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I loved Tyson as a boxer. First saw him as a Face In The Crowd in SI and then he did some early syndicated bouts on weird UHF channels.

It was something at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
People my age always knew who the current heavyweight champ was, and most of the contenders. Since Tyson, the division has been a wasteland.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I loved Tyson as a boxer. First saw him as a Face In The Crowd in SI and then he did some early syndicated bouts on weird UHF channels.

It was something at the time.

Face in The Crowd... wow that brings back memories.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/mike ... cB_I8S70rg

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson might be retired (sort of); but even at age 56, the sports icon still knows how to avoid a punch.

For the second part of his all-encompassing Newsmax appearance on "The Record With Greta Van Susteren," Tyson openly discussed Florida living and his recurring bout with sciatica, along with his love for tennis, golf, pickleball and even pigeons.

However, when the conversation turned to politics and ideological preferences, Tyson quickly became diplomatic with his responses.

"Listen, if I start talking politics, my friends aren't going to like me. Let's just not do that, OK? Let's just not do that," said Tyson, while wearing a large grin.

"My family gets mad, my friends get mad when we talk politics," says Tyson. "When I was younger, I was all-out liberal. But as I get older, and I look at my children, and I see what's out there in the world, I get a little conservative. ... It's common sense, looking at the world we have now. You want safety."

Shortly thereafter, Van Susteren pressed Tyson, now a full-time Florida resident, on his thoughts about either Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis or former President Donald Trump.

At first, it seemed like Tyson wanted to speak freely. But after a deep breath, he simply said, "I can't talk names ... the last time I tried to talk politics [publicly], Wow, did they give me a beating."

After his comment, Tyson confirmed "they" were the U.S. media.

As such, "I [now] stay away from politics and religion. They stole my freedom of speech," quipped Tyson.

The former boxing champion might be reticent to discuss politics in an open forum, but he wasn't the least bit shy about caring for pet pigeons at his home.

"Absolutely," said Tyson about watching over his pigeons every day. "I just love birds. That's who I am. I'm from Brooklyn, New York, and I'm a typical Brooklyn guy who has pigeons on his roof."

As for Tyson's work ethic as a boxer-turned-pigeon whisperer, he says, "I clean their coops every day. I give them water. I feed them, and I fly them."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I was a huge Tyson fan. I love boxing as opposed to UFC but boxing doesn’t move the meters anymore in the heavyweight division.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mike Tyson before COVID vaccine:

Mike Tyson after receiving the COVID vaccine: