It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 25 years ago today
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:21 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: 25 years ago today
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Was a great ride. I am glad it was Hogan and not Lex.It all fell apart though when they mocked the Horsemen and there was no retaliation. I knew right then they had jumped the shark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am 

It fell apart because they added too many fucking members. Everyone and their brother became NWO. It should have been 3-4 guys max

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:42 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Was a great ride. I am glad it was Hogan and not Lex.It all fell apart though when they mocked the Horsemen and there was no retaliation. I knew right then they had jumped the shark

It was never going to be Lex. It was always Hogan and Sting was the backup plan if Hogan got cold feet.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
It fell apart because they added too many fucking members. Everyone and their brother became NWO. It should have been 3-4 guys max

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it stopped making sense when they started adding WCW lifers like Marcus Bagwell and Konnan. It only should have been talent associated with "up north": Hogan, Hall, Nash, Waltman, DiBiase, Hennig, Savage, maybe Mike Rotunda if you needed an extra worker but he was as much old-line NWA as WWF (same with Big Bubba/Bossman). Bischoff was the only justifiable WCW guy because you needed an explanation for how they got away with it all along. Masahiro Chono was at one point in the NWO. Why?

conns7901 wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

It was never going to be Lex. It was always Hogan and Sting was the backup plan if Hogan got cold feet.

The best smark rumor on the playground was that the backup plan was King Mabel. That would have sent shockwaves through the wrestling world for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Bischoff has said on his podcast the long term plan was to make Thunder an NWO only show. Which is why they had so many members. Obviously that never happened but he made it sound like they were trying to do what the WWE does now with Raw and Smackdown being separate.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 pm 

We've been hearing that for years (or that nWo Nitro would be the edgier show on TNT and the more traditional WCW would stay on TBS and syndication), but the premise never made any sense. What was the NWO going to do? wrestle itself?

I know that there was a push to acquire more talent for Thunder that would, if not be a separate brand as we know it today, have a core of guys who would be more associated with that night, kind of how the Saturday Night circuit that pretty much just ran little barns around north Georgia had its core of guys. Bret Hart was brought in with the idea that he would be the "star of Thunder." (The stars of WCWSN were just guys like Bobby Eaton, Mike Enos, and DANGER!HIGHVOLTAGE!.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kevin Nash and Stone Cold: How Many nWo Members Can Nash Name in 30 Seconds? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCY58p ... hannel=WWE

Nash and Austin are both in great shape for their age. Some of their counterparts have not aged too well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:42 pm 

Austin got all his aging done at once and pretty much looks the same. Nash is off the juice and looks like he's wasting away, which is to say he looks like a normal old tall guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
RFDC wrote:

Yeah agreed. And Hogan Hall and Nash didn't wrestle that much. They'd come out for a promo at the beginning then have their guys jump people at the end.

Too many career jobbers as part of the clique too.

Second best Heel turn was Hennig's "my spot" "your spot" segment. I also hated it because I was a huge Horseman fan as a kid and really looked at his addition as they're big comeback.

They also didn't have NWO job out nearly enough for me. I guess because Hogan had say so over story line. What made the Horseman such a great storyline was that they would job out from time to time. Guys would get clean pins against Flair some of the time.. They didn't always aid and assist with every match.

With NWO you always knew they were coming at some point which became utterly predictable after awhile.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.