It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caught bits and pieces of the Flair Last Match thing, went from being amazed that a 73 year old could still do something like this to feeling like I was watching elder abuse.

The guy has become a kind of sad figure that can't let go of his gimmick, either is totally broke or just is a lunatic that craves the spotlight.

Remember reading in his biography that he "got nervous and would start shaking", while he was in the hospital, see this happen all the time to old drunks, the guys obviously a hardcore alcoholic, would think someone in his family would at least try to protect him from himself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Clawmaster wrote:
Caught bits and pieces of the Flair Last Match thing, went from being amazed that a 73 year old could still do something like this to feeling like I was watching elder abuse.

The guy has become a kind of sad figure that can't let go of his gimmick, either is totally broke or just is a lunatic that craves the spotlight.

Remember reading in his biography that he "got nervous and would start shaking", while he was in the hospital, see this happen all the time to old drunks, the guys obviously a hardcore alcoholic, would think someone in his family would at least try to protect him from himself.

He ended it with his long-term g/f Wendy aka "Fifi the French maid' from WCW because according to him, he wanted to have fun again...party and whatnot.

I think his family has tried all it can, but he seems to be a lost cause. He's probably broke other than what his son-in-law Conrad Thompson provides for him or what he makes at signings. I thought I read that Flair was living in a house with someone else on the mortgage because of all his financial problems. I can't imagine that the last match made him any more than very, very low six figures at best and as he said about Buddy Landel's salary, he spills more liquor than that in a year. Not to mention that the IRS would expect their cut.