It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CM Punk Fired
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/383 ... punk-cause

All Elite Wrestling on Saturday announced that it has fired top star CM Punk with cause after AEW investigated an incident that occurred during its "All In" pay-per-view show last Sunday at Wembley Stadium in London.

Punk and fellow AEW wrestler Jack Perry, the son of late actor Luke Perry, reportedly got into a physical altercation backstage during the pay-per-view event.

AEW's statement, which was issued on X (formerly Twitter) said Punk's wrestling and employment contracts have both been terminated.

"Following the investigation, the AEW Discipline Committee met and later convened with outside legal counsel before making a unanimous recommendation to [AEW owner Tony] Khan that CM Punk be terminated with cause," AEW's statement read.

Khan, AEW's CEO, general manager and head of creative, said in an accompanying statement that he wishes he "didn't have to share this news" but made the decision "in the best interests of the many amazing people who make AEW possible every week."

AEW is scheduled to have a pay-per-view, "All Out," on Sunday at United Center in Chicago, the day after its weekly Saturday "Collision" television show in the same building.

Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, is a Chicago native and a major star in the city.

Post subject: Re: CM Punk Fired
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:51 pm 

Who?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Could care less about Punk now. Egoistical piece of shit. People now realizing that holding WWE completely at fault for him leaving was stupid.

Kahn is an idiot also; fearing for his life? Pussy. He's someone who's stunted emotionally and mentally, thinking the wrestlers are his BUDDIES and he treats them like toys.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Punk may have one more WWE run in him, likely a short one, never was a huge fan, but he understands the business and knows any publicity is good publicity.

AEW matches look silly and are always sloppy with tons of botches, if you work indy shows you can get away with doing the exact same match because you go from small venue to small venue and people only see you once or twice a year, but when you are on TV every week the people see how limited you are and your matches are boring and predictable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 am 

I hope he gets one more run in the WWE.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Clawmaster wrote:

AEW matches look silly and are always sloppy with tons of botches, if you work indy shows you can get away with doing the exact same match because you go from small venue to small venue and people only see you once or twice a year, but when you are on TV every week the people see how limited you are and your matches are boring and predictable.

I can't find it currently, but Bryan Alvarez made a crack about "no more chinlocks" with the TKO thing kicking in on Tuesday. Dustin Rhodes cracked back at him about how "properly placed chinlocks are part of how you tell a story and build drama"...him and Danielson may be the only ones at AEW that actively get that at this point...AEW is a hard watch for me because if I wanted to watch a bunch of dudes in underwear flipping around the mat for a half hour with no active story going on, I'd just watch rhythmic gymnastics.