It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
chaspoppcap wrote:
Also guy I was sharing table with had laptop and said the site he was looking at said the takers injury ,ie being carted out was not a work.

Well thats reliable.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
chaspoppcap wrote:
Also guy I was sharing table with had laptop and said the site he was looking at said the takers injury ,ie being carted out was not a work.

Did you watch the PPV with 12 year olds. Its called selling a match.

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
I'm glad I could provide the post-show entertainment. I was on hold the entire time I was making my final urines at CIJ's, and the ride home. I finally was on when I was pulling in the garage. Talking to a couple dopes from Canada about wrestling, sitting in your car, while you (re) wife is staring at you, while trying to drop names, is not easy. I was just getting to Jackref. I was going to say HHH chas'd himself with Jackref watching "if you weeeeeellll!" But I was appropriately cutoff.

Thanks to CIJ and family for hosting my silly ass. I had a great time with everyone in attendance. "Especially the ones that ain't like my boy that could be one of dem, you know wit da gold and the man licking baby!"

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Did you watch the PPV with 12 year olds. Its called selling a match.

I know it is time for Taker to take his 3 month vacation. I would not be surprised if HHH was out of action again.
I didn't say it was terrible just was not up to WM standards, good PPV just not great.

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Drop In wrote:
I'm glad I could provide the post-show entertainment. I was on hold the entire time I was making my final urines at CIJ's, and the ride home. I finally was on when I was pulling in the garage. Talking to a couple dopes from Canada about wrestling, sitting in your car, while you (re) wife is staring at you, while trying to drop names, is not easy. I was just getting to Jackref. I was going to say HHH chas'd himself with Jackref watching "if you weeeeeellll!" But I was appropriately cutoff.

Thanks to CIJ and family for hosting my silly ass. I had a great time with everyone in attendance. "Especially the ones that ain't like my boy that could be one of dem, you know wit da gold and the man licking baby!"

I am glad that didn't make it :lol:

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I know we talk about Wrestlemania as the Super Bowl, I almost look it as New Year's because it could the unofficial start of the year until the next Wrestlemania.

I thought CM Punk would win and it would lead to a title match in the coming months, could still happen, but just may take longer than usual.

If they do Rock-Cena for Summerslam, I just wonder how they will make that last untill then, when Cena will want Rock in a match right now.

Undertaker and Triple H put on a good match as usuall.

Edge and Del Rio, like I put before, could have been a middle match, not the first match, should have been Mysterio-Rhodes or left Sheamus-Bryan on the event as the first one.

Here would be my big question after this event, do they need to take a look at Smackdown, your matches are the first 3 and how good did people think your title match was that it was first. Since after Mania, they usually have their draft and maybe Punk gets traded there or some other big time wrestler to give it juice. I know it gets a good rating for what's on Sco-Fi, but maybe this show needs some juice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:37 pm 

I'm not going to recap everything, as tornadoes are heading towards Casa Drop In. Negativity will not be the way I go out. I don't know how each of you reacted to the Miz/Cena packages (if you weeeel pardon the expression). I will admit, my jaw was slightly dropped during the Miz deal. As CIJ said, if you didn't love that, grow up and officially stop watching pro wrestling. Maybe not a horrible life decision, but that was great!

It seemed like HHH and Taker were going to walk up the ramp side by side. If that happened, I probably would have excused myself from the garage.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 am 

Maybe SOME people can make it out to this one. However, someone is now buying my ticket.

Here is an update on the info about the WWE Money in the Bank 2011 pay per view which has been officially confirmed.

Venue: Allstate Arena

Fan Pre-Sale Date: May 16, 2011 at 10 AM until May 17 midnight

Presale Code: MONEY

General Onsale Date: May 21 at 12 noon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:05 am 

Just finished watching it.

Taker and HHH was a GREAT GREAT match. The last 3 years for Taker at Mania have been amazing. Not sure what else he can do at Mania. Anything else is going to be sub par.

I thought Punk and Orton was a really good match as well. Those two guys just get every aspect of wrestling and know how to put on a good match.

I was a little disappointed in Miz and Cena. Just kind of an average match. I was hoping to see more from Rock, but maybe there will be more to come with him screwing over Cena.

It was great to see Stone Cold give Booker the stunner!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 am 

Maybe Booker can be a non-English speaking heel announcer now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:07 pm 

The Rock and John Cena are now the only two babyfaces to lose in the main event of WrestleMania, thus making the Miz and Triple H the only two heels to win in the WM main event.

Interesting...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
The Rock and John Cena are now the only two babyfaces to lose in the main event of WrestleMania, thus making the Miz and Triple H the only two heels to win in the WM main event.

Interesting...

Would Austin be considered the heel in his match with Rock at WM17?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A good night for retaining championships.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

Interesting...

Would Austin be considered the heel in his match with Rock at WM17?

That's a tough one, because technically both guys were babyfaces heading into the match. Austin didn't turn heel until the tail end.

You're probably right though. I think that should count as well. That means The Rock was somehow involved every time it happened.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm 

For the people not excited about the Cena-Miz Match, I was listening to the post-Wrestlemania radio show and they had a caller call in and say that the Triple H-Taker match went longer than expected, so they had to cut down on the Miz-Cena match, don't know how true or not.

I would just say, they really didn't have a good buildup, all the weeks were Cena-Rock, and Miz would attack Cena at the end of the show. After the fact now, but I remember early on, there was talk of the Nexus taking on the Corre, keep that to take care of Punk, have Orton face the Miz, and Cena-Rock.

I don't know if they wanted 2 non-title matches to upstage their title matches, with Triple H vs Taker as the other one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm 

reents wrote:
For the people not excited about the Cena-Miz Match, I was listening to the post-Wrestlemania radio show and they had a caller call in and say that the Triple H-Taker match went longer than expected, so they had to cut down on the Miz-Cena match, don't know how true or not.

Why would time matter on a PPV event? It doesn't matter if they go 10-15 minutes over the scheduled time like it would if this was on regular television. There's not another show waiting to be broadcast when Mania is over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:14 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
reents wrote:

Why would time matter on a PPV event? It doesn't matter if they go 10-15 minutes over the scheduled time like it would if this was on regular television. There's not another show waiting to be broadcast when Mania is over.

They only have the feed for a certain time. WCW had that happen to them and the main event was cut off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm 

Which was a totally WCW thing to have happen. WegottagoseeyouThursdayonThunder!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
reents wrote:

They only have the feed for a certain time. WCW had that happen to them and the main event was cut off.

That's pretty lame. You would think they would pad the time schedule a little to account for something running long.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm 

It was only fitting it was WCW.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm 

The DDP-Goldberg match from Halloween Havoc.

On the time, WWE like to end their events 10-15 minutes before the hour, this one was like a minute.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 pm 

I don't think the lack of time had anything to do with it. There was no way they were going to come close to Taker and HHH. No matter how much time they had the match would have come off as inferior.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm 

Besides the PPV ending highlight package is usually one of the best parts of WM, don't want that cut.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 pm 

Here's the Miz promo from last night. You'll have to hike the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGeEd503 ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Drop In wrote:
Here's the Miz promo from last night. You'll have to hike the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGeEd503 ... re=related

That was a bad ass intro.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wow. I had a much different perspective on the event. I thought it sucked and will go down as a bottom 5 wm of all time. With the exception of taker hhh there were no holy shit moments...nothing you couldn't get from regular wwe programming. That would have been a decent random ppv, but it was just a bad bad wrestlemania. No surprises. Overly predictable. Orton and punk deserved more time. Sheamus and bryan deserved time in general. Edge - del rio was fine but reaked of smackdown television main event programming, not wm. 8 man tag was ridiculously stupid. The order of the matches was awful. It was a disaster. I wish I had enjoyed it like you guys. Bad for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 pm 

We were shitting on quite a bit of the card yesterday. It maybe doesn't come through.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:18 pm 

I had a wrestling question and since there was talk in this part about it, I put it here.

Why is it bad when a wrestler says what happened before in a match. The reason I bring it up, is they didn't want to mention the previous match between Taker-Triple H at Mania, and I remember in the Ultimate Warrior DVD, when the Warrior came to Nitro and talked about when he first came to see Hogan, that Hogan said he almost balled up his fist and wanted to nail him. Hogan brought up if you tell the fans, then people won't by the ppv.

I think any wrestling fan that remembers anything, would know that Warrior already beat Hogan. Is it they don't think we remember anything in the wrestling business or is it something else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next