It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Hogan's belief was that Warrior eliminated the "anything can happen" illusion by mentioning the outcome of their previous match. Hogan felt that Warrior's mention of Wrestlemania 6 pretty much announced to the world that Hogan was gonna go over this time around, thus making fans less likely to buy the PPV.

So, to answer your question: Wrestlers don't like to feel like they're giving away potential buys by giving away the outcome of the match.

My thought on Warrior/Hogan II is: How could Hogan NOT have known Warrior was gonna play the Wrestlemania 6 card? There was no other card to play. Their rematch had absolutely no other selling point other than their WWF history and the Wrestlemania 6 match. Exactly what else was Warrior supposed to talk about for 10 minutes? Hell, they just threw him on TV with a live mic and 10 minutes of airtime with no preparation beforehand. Yet, somehow Warrior gets the blame instead of Bischoff? Only in WCW.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:27 pm 

Thanks Kid Cairo. and if I remember right, earlier in that Nitro, I think Piper was something like a GM at the time, and said to Hogan, I will bring somebody out that you have never beaten.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 pm 

You guys talking about hogan and warrior made me go back and watch their match at WM6. Man that takes me back. I watched that at my best friends house. We were both going for Warrior because we hated Hogan. When Warrior moved out of the way of the leg drop and got the pin we were jumping up and down. And my buddies sister who was going for Hogan was in tears yelling out, "he kicked out, he kicked out, that's not fair." :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 pm 

reents wrote:
Thanks Kid Cairo. and if I remember right, earlier in that Nitro, I think Piper was something like a GM at the time, and said to Hogan, I will bring somebody out that you have never beaten.

Yeah, I recall something like that. It might've been J.J. Dillon though. But your point is well-taken.

I hated that Warrior DVD because it was mostly full of exaggerations, half-truths, and outright fabrications. Shit, you can do a smear-DVD on any wrestler in the history of the business.

RFDC, I can relate to the Warrior love. In 90-91 I don't think there was a bigger Warrior mark than me.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:50 pm 

They picked the right main event for that Wrestlemania, I didn't know who was going to win, but if I really thought about, it would be the Warrior, I know Hogan would have done what Warrior did with the Intercontinental tiltle, but still thought Hogan was going to win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
RFDC, I can relate to the Warrior love. In 90-91 I don't think there was a bigger Warrior mark than me.

Geez. Dingo's always been bad in my opinion. Going to WWF where they allowed him to emphasise his bad points... Well, a blessing to some and a curse to others. Not that Vince ever really marketed "wrassling".

WWE's been trying to market themselves as the product -- as opposed certain stars being the 'face' of the company. I'm not sure how interchangeable the current talent is, but as recent as Rock and Austin, they've had a star system. The way I look at it is, a wrestling promotion comes into town,

a. You go because the promotion is great
b. You go because Warrior is on the card
c. Further, if I told you you were going to a Verne Gagne AWA show, you wouldn't give a damn because you're there to see Warrior...

Who would I confer such honorifics to? Fallen Angle, pre-ruined AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe. Maybe Awesome Kong in her squash days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
I'm not trying to offend Beebo, but I'm pretty sure from previous posts he's a little older than many of us. I was 11 going on 12 when Warrior beat Hogan. I was a maniac. I watched it at my Grandparents house, and they had a gas station on their property. I ran into the station screaming Ultimate Warrior won. Luckily, Chris Hanson didn't need to be there that night.

I was also a screaming 12 year old mess when Sting finally beat Flair at GAB. I was barking like Rick Steiner. I think my dog may have humped the Hulk Hogan wrestling buddy after each match.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
you guys might have been fans but I was a little warrior myself sporting this jacket to school. No wonder I was picked on as a child.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:35 am 

Cool jacket Chris. I liked Warrior back then, but he wasn't my favorite or anything. I mainly cheered for him because I hated Hogan. Now my best friend was a huge mark for him and had all the gear and was just nuts for him. We used to argue all the time over who was better Sting or Warrior. I was for Sting and he was for Warrior. Pretty confident Mr. Time has shown me to be right on that one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
you guys might have been fans but I was a little warrior myself sporting this jacket to school. No wonder I was picked on as a child.

You should wear this to work Monday. No sell it. When people ask what you're wearing, just say it's your new coat. Say it was a gift. You're welcome in advance.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:23 pm 

Wrestlemania Bumps make you famous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11