It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:11 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Keeping Score wrote:
Ok, gulp, I thought about this, and damn, as much as I have the C.M. Fever, I really think we have to dock him a couple notches for going out with the Glamazon, don't we?

No way! Beth is the goods. Extra points for being from Buffalo. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
good stuff KS. Worth it for Norman Smiley alone. Ambrose (Jon Moxley) is great, FCW is putting a pretty damn good roster together. Hard to figure out why they have guys like Ambrose, Tyler Black, Claudio in FCW while Heath Slater and Otunga are on the main roster. Hopefully its to protect them but I doubt it, they hardly have squash matches anymore. Pretty sure Danielson hasn't won a match since Mania so they're not concerned with the younger guys as usual.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Can't wait until Moxley gets called up.

Him, Punk, and Danielson could have phenomenal matches.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
1) Awesome
2) I don't know much about this Moxley kid
3) I still do the big wiggle at weddings. Sometimes receptions as well.
4) Awesome
5) Drinky Alliance
6) I think Hunter turns on Punk tomorrow

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Drop In wrote:

I think this is spot on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Drop In wrote:

I think this is spot on.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:29 pm 

:lol:
I thought he had a broomstick at first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:31 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
:lol:
I thought he had a broomstick at first.

I like how it speeds up right at the repeat. It's like Test is down there. Oh. My bad. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:34 pm 

^ :lol: :lol: . I assume the same with Trips, but I can't really see him as a heel. Can't do anything to hurt those merch sales with xmas coming up. I'm sure they're loading up on glowsticks and wristbands for the holidays. So to meet in the middle, he'll turn on him and they'll forget about it by Monday and not acknowledge it.

I haven't seen any of Moxley's czw stuff, but i usually check out those dragon gate shows that gabe does and he was awesome there. pretty hardcore heel.

There's a bunch of Moxley vs Black FCW matches from the last 2-3 months on youtube. I just watched a 30 min iron man match between the 2 which was pretty good. When FCW opened, I watched the first 2-3 and maybe 2 since, but its actually not bad. Watching some of this youtube stuff may have convinced me to start again with the roster they have. Plus Norman Smiley is the special asst to the asst Gm or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRm-2loM ... re=related

then I watched some Ricardo Rodriguez matches from FCW and.......he's kinda awesome (needs a different look, but he can work circles around a few guys on the main roster.)

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm 

I don't think Hunter turns heel on Punk. At least not yet.

Survivor Series is coming up and I thought Cena, Punk, Rock, HHH, and Sheamuswere gonna team against Miz, Truth, Christian, Swagger, and Wade.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:39 pm 

I'm all in on Ricardo. He does need to get rid of that haircut, but he's pretty awesome. I forgot to reference the Danielson mention. I refuse to acknowledge, or defend any booking these days. But I expected him to lose quite a bit right now. He'll win before Mania, and probably win the strap. You will have a bunch of challengers that beat him. Or, HHH will decide he wants to work Tuesday's, beat him in 26 seconds, and have an imaginary Unicorn drag him out of the ring by his anus right before Rock v Cena. Either way, I'm cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Bob Loblaw wrote:
^ :lol: :lol: . I assume the same with Trips, but I can't really see him as a heel. Can't do anything to hurt those merch sales with xmas coming up. I'm sure they're loading up on glowsticks and wristbands for the holidays. So to meet in the middle, he'll turn on him and they'll forget about it by Monday and not acknowledge it.

I haven't seen any of Moxley's czw stuff, but i usually check out those dragon gate shows that gabe does and he was awesome there. pretty hardcore heel.

There's a bunch of Moxley vs Black FCW matches from the last 2-3 months on youtube. I just watched a 30 min iron man match between the 2 which was pretty good. When FCW opened, I watched the first 2-3 and maybe 2 since, but its actually not bad. Watching some of this youtube stuff may have convinced me to start again with the roster they have. Plus Norman Smiley is the special asst to the asst Gm or something.

then I watched some Ricardo Rodriguez matches from FCW and.......he's kinda awesome (needs a different look, but he can work circles around a few guys on the main roster.)

great match...punks fued after mania ?

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:10 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Speaking of Punk and Wrestlemania™, here's a fun little promo package some fan put together on YouTube.

He believes it would be a dream matchup for Wrestlemania 28™. I tend to agree.....

NOTE: Volume goes up and down a touch during the video. Not bad, but don't crank it if you're not wide awake already......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH3iH3WzpeU

That just made me want to buy a PPV that doesn't exist. Vince could print money like he has the #DrinkyAlliance under contract with this feud.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:42 pm 

kujoe_7 wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

great match...punks fued after mania ?

I'd sign off on that. I'd like to see Punk vs Danielson at Mania too. He had that throw away match with Orton last year that had zero buzz going in.

Punk vs Jericho sounds good too. that was a cool vid. crazy what the kids can do these days. not really sure who i'd like to see vs Jericho. Maybe HHH actually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 am 

Punk's post match promo on Friday was really awesome.

Said he was like Dean Ambrose 5 years ago, willing to do anything to get noticed. But unlike now there wasn't anyone cool enough to help him out.

Fucking true pro.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:29 pm 

Glorious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 pm 

That was pretty special.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:06 pm 
Drop In wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Speaking of Punk and Wrestlemania™, here's a fun little promo package some fan put together on YouTube.

He believes it would be a dream matchup for Wrestlemania 28™. I tend to agree.....

NOTE: Volume goes up and down a touch during the video. Not bad, but don't crank it if you're not wide awake already......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH3iH3WzpeU

That just made me want to buy a PPV that doesn't exist. Vince could print money like he has the #DrinkyAlliance under contract with this feud.

Vince where do I send my CC number to order THIS Mania?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
CM Punk Argues With Fan At WWE Live Event, Makes Fun Of TNA (Video)
By Daniel Pena
Nov 6, 2011 - 4:33:55 PM

CM Punk was captured on camera engaging in an argument with a fan who jeered him at Friday's Raw World Tour event in Amneville, France.

Following his victory over WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio in the main event, Punk slapped hands of ringside area fans. One fan, however, greeted The Straight Edge Superstar with boos. An agitated Punk belittled the fan by making "crybaby" motions and calling him a "Cena fan." When the fan said he hated John Cena, Punk wagged his finger and sniped, "I bet you watch TNA, don't you?!"

The fan said he doesn't, to which Punk retorted, "Your friend does!" Punk then sarcastically says of TNA "It's good!" while displaying Cena's trademark "O" hand gesture.

Punk's latest swipe towards TNA Wrestling comes days after he said on Twitter that he misses working for the Orlando based wrestling promotion like he misses high school. He competed for TNA in 2003 and 2004 before quitting the league following a dispute with management over his ability to simultaneously appear for Ring of Honor.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/CM_ ... Video.html

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
At least he didnt call anyone a homo this time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:00 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
At least he didnt call anyone a homo this time.

It probably would have been more fitting this time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 pm 

--On the most recent "Art of War" podcast, Colt Cabana and C.M. Punk did a segment where Punk confirmed that a 3-disc WWE retrospective of his career is in the works and he's in charge of the roduct, including the music, the matches and who he wants interviewed. He didn't say anything about whether any pre-WWE matches would be allowed to be part of it.

--Also on the podcast, Cabana said that a second volume of Wrestling Road Dairies, the highly acclaimed DVD he did with Bryan Danielson last year, would be produced over the next two months with Cabana,Luke
Gallows and Cliff "Domino" Compton traveling the indie circuit from town to town.

======

Awesome news on both fronts. I'm actually more exited about the second news item. The first road diaries dvd was awesome and these 3 (cabana,domino,gallows) are probably the 3 funniest guys I've heard in recent years. All 3 together is guaranteed to be dvd of the year. Throw in Chael and it wins Oscars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:14 am 

This is Rener Gracie with Punk yesterday in San Diego. Rener is the Gracie that is banging Eve Torres. At the end, Punk throws in a nice line for the rasslin fans that goes straight over the heads of the mma fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NV4t_be-EE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Punk did a segment where Punk confirmed that a 3-disc WWE retrospective of his career is in the works

A little soon, no?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am 

Nah.

Normal fans probably aren't aware of Punk's indie days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:32 am 

Punk looked pretty good on the ground with Gracie.

Good stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Punk did a segment where Punk confirmed that a 3-disc WWE retrospective of his career is in the works

A little soon, no?

kind of, he's only been on the main roster a little over 5 years, but if John Morrison can get a dvd, Punk should get a 5 disc set.

It's all about dvd revenue rather than "worthiness" i guess. There's more than plenty to fill 3 discs, especially of they do a doc portion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bob Loblaw wrote:
It's all about dvd revenue rather than "worthiness" i guess. There's more than plenty to fill 3 discs, especially of they do a doc portion.

That makes sense. Strike while the iron's hot, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm 

CM Punk took the ice during the 2nd intermission of tonight's Canucks @ Blackhawks game, at the United Center in Chicago, for the traditional "shot from center ice" event.

Here's a link to a brief video: http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videoce ... &id=166651

It's impossible to tell from this video because they play his music over it, but from what I'm told from someone who was there, not many people seemed to know who he was (or if they did, they didn't care). But then again a lot of fans aren't at their seats during intermission so take that for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:14 pm 

It didn't seem like many people knew who he was when announced. The music was playing. Matt and Laurence were talking about it and want him on the show.