It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
No, it probably didn't need its own thread but after watching this dvd, i can say it goes straight into my top 3 of all time. If you like the old school stuff, you'll love it guaranteed. If you don't care for memphis style or don't like southern wrasslin, don't waste your time.

about 90 minutes with Fargo, Jerry Jarrett, Sputnick, Jimmy Hart, Lawler, Dundee, Valiant and old memphis dudes. Much, much better than the wwe revisionist history dvd's which are about 70% pure bullshit. Also gives a great view of just how over Lawler was at the time. The younger generation only knows him as an announcer and this shows tons of great stuff which gives you an idea of how huge he was. It also DOESN'T spend 60 minutes on Andy Kaufman (which i was afraid of), only about 5 minutes. Lots of stuff about the racism and the segregation at the time was very interesting too. Jarrett mentioned at one point that in Memphis their tv was doing an 80 share (80% of the tv's turned on were tuned into the show). i can't even fathom that really.

Gives you a perfect snapshot of what real heat was like back in the day with all the footage and the stories (like Jimmy Hart's kid getting pushed off the slide and getting 2 teeth knocked out because his dad was a heel for example). There is also 4 hours of bonus footage I haven't started yet that looks awesome. 5 out of 5 stars, there's no way that just me and Beebo can enjoy this, very informative and entertaining. Well worth going out of your way to watch if you if weren't old enough (like me) or didn't live in TN (thank God) to get in on this stuff back in the day. Cable would have helped too.

torrent here:
http://special.pwtorrents.net/details.php?id=42198

From the production studio's site: "Memphis Heat documents the wild and wooly history of Memphis and Mid-South professional wrestling. From the carnival days of cult hero Sputnik Monroe - the heel who integrated the Memphis wrestling audience before the Civil Rights movement - to masked men, midgets, tag teams, female wrestlers, and the rise of bad-guy heel Jerry "the King" Lawler and Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart in the 1970s, Memphis Heat delves into a time-forgotten, pre-cable TV world where almost anything happened inside and outside of the wrestling ring and no holds were barred!

memphisheatthemovie.com

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Here's the entire movie. It's one of the best I've ever seen if you're interested in that sort of thing.

http://youtu.be/Fx6cMB1KVmE

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Just watched it. Great flick.