It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: MMA News thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm 

Carwin blew out his knee, UFC looking for a replacement to fight Roy.

UFC 156 Card:
Aldo vs Edgar
Evans vs Lil Nog
AO vs Big Foot
Possibly Machida vs Henderson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm 

Cruz will be out another year. He needs a 2nd ACL surgery.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:

Son of a bitch,I was looking forward to seeing Carwin destroy that fat slob

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
RFDC wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Son of a bitch,I was looking forward to seeing Carwin destroy that fat slob

:lol:
So was i

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm 

UFC 158 looks to be the site of GSP/Diaz and Rory/Condit 2. Machida/Henderson is official for UFC 157 with Rousey's debut.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:50 pm 

Is GSP ever gonna fight outside of Canada again?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 pm 

Cannot wait to see GSP beat the crap out of Diaz.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 pm 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Is GSP ever gonna fight outside of Canada again?

Agree. I'm a GSP fan, but when was the last time he fought in the States? If Canada was the market the UFC thinks it is, then they don't need GSP to main-event in Canada.

On a side note, they have added Hendricks vs Ellenberger to the card.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
White says Brock Lesnar nearly jumped back to UFC for huge stadium fight

January 27, 2013 - 5:14:30 AM
By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

WWE part-time star Brock Lesnar nearly returned to UFC in 2012 for a mega-fight against Fedor Emelianenko, according to UFC president Dana White during a press conference on Saturday. The fight would have taken place at Cowboys Stadium in the Dallas, Texas market.

White says UFC was in "deep talks" with Fedor, and Brock "wanted to fight Fedor." But, when Fedor's dad died in August 2012, negotiations fell apart.

"He (Fedor) said, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with my family,'" White said. "We were negotiating for months. After his dad died and he said he was done or whatever, Brock said, 'I'm done, too.'"

The timing for Lesnar is that he was in-between his WWE return match against John Cena at Extreme Rules in April 2012 and his most-recent WWE match against Triple H at Summerslam in August 2012.

"Remember when I met with him (Lesnar) and said it didn't go well? It actually went well. It went well, and Brock wanted to fight Fedor. Then (Fedor's) dad died, and he was done."

White says he believes Lesnar will not ever return to UFC at this point.

"He's going to do his stint in the WWE and then go away," White said. "He's got a big farm up in Canada. He loves to farm and he loves to be with his family out in the middle of nowhere."

Lesnar is scheduled to return to the ring at WrestleMania 29 in April 2013, and negotiations are ongoing for Lesnar to possibly returning to WWE for one more year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 pm 

Rory is out of his fight against Condit. Now we get Condit vs Hendricks. Lots of speculation to if Rory is hurt or if he is on some stuff and getting scared due to White's strong stance against TRT this past weekend. UFC is looking for a replacement for Ellenberger to fight now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:41 pm 

UFC cut 16 fighters last night, including Jon Fitch, Jacob Volkman, and Mike Russow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm 

White today, speaking on the Fitch cut. This is vintage White.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/21/40 ... -jon-fitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
May not have St. Pierre-Diaz

ANAHEIM, Calif. – UFC President Dana White doesn't want to scrap the UFC 158 headliner of Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) vs. Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC), but on Saturday night he said if the challenger doesn't change his ways, that may be exactly what happens.

"I hope we don't come to that," White said following Saturday's post-UFC 157 press conference. "I'm really close. I don't want to be. I don't want to do this. It sucks."

Diaz is currently scheduled to face welterweight champ St-Pierre at next month's UFC 158 event in Montreal. The reason for the potential change is eerily similar to the series of events that saw an October 2011 bout scrapped. That planned UFC 137 fight was tossed aside when Diaz failed to show for a pair of pre-event press conferences.

This time around, the former Strikeforce champ missed three separate interview sessions, leaving a video crew hoping to produce a "UFC Primetime" series without a subject to tape, White said.

"He did not (show up) – neither did his brother Nate," White said. "And we spent over $50,000 in production costs and guys cruising around Stockton, Calif., and not interviewing people.

"It's not funny. We're very cool and very lenient in a lot of ways. Look at this company. Look how we are. We let a lot of things fly. But that's just absolute bulls---."

Diaz's attorney, Jonathan Tweedale, claims his client did not, in fact, miss any scheduled appointments. However, White said he since has spoken to Tweedale, and the two are now on the same page. He also said Diaz since has complied with video requests and that his brother and fellow UFC fighter is also expected to do the same.

Should that all go according to the current plan, then the much-anticipated March 16 contest will not be in jeopardy. But for now, White seems a little tense, especially on the heels of the commendable media efforts of UFC 157 headliners Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche.

"We've treated Nate and Nick with respect," White said. "Anytime they come in and want to negotiate their contracts, we do the things, we're good to everybody. At least give us the respect to show up and not blow $50 grand on not showing up for interviews you're supposed to do.

"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots. This is how it works. This is the job. This is what we do. Go to your f---ing job and tell your boss, 'I don't want to this or that.' That's not how it works. It's part of the job. I've shown the Diaz brothers a ton of respect. They can show some respect back. I hope I don't even have to think about that. It's the last thing on earth I want to do."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm 

What a bunch of crap. Diaz is a pussy and does not want to face GSP. He knows he is going to get his ass beat. This way when White takes the fight away he can cry and moan saying what could have been.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm 

Lots of news today. Silva vs Weidman is set for July 6th. Weidman really hasn't beaten anyone besides Munoz, so I'm really not sure he deserves this. AO is out of his fight against Dos Santos because of injury. Evans vs Henderson is set for UFC 161, along with Shogun vs Lil Nog.

About a week away from UFC 158, Diaz vs GSP. Pretty excited for the 3 fights at 170. Diaz winning is White's worst nightmare. While he would still do solid business, White would have to deal with probably alot more, and I don't think he wants to count on him for promotion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:11 pm 

UFC 158 conference call was today, highly entertaining. Diaz and GSP went at it a few times, with Diaz doing most of the talking. It seemed like the old Diaz was there, not the guy the UFC wants him to be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm 

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-158-confer ... highlights

Conference call highlights.

Can't wait.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Referee Josh Rosenthal pleads guilty to charges for owning $6 million worth of marijuana

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagew ... --mma.html

Well-known MMA referee Josh Rosenthal has been a part of some of the UFC's most famous bouts, including Brock Lesnar's championship win over Shane Carwin and Dan Henderson's Fight of the Year win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Now, it turns out he was also part of an illegal drug operation.

In a story that could have been the plot of the show "Weeds," Rosenthal plead guilty to charges of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana. He and an associate owned a warehouse that kept 1,356 marijuana plants with a street value of $6 million. According to MMA Junkie, he could spend more than three years in prison:
The government is recommending 37 months in jail, fines and five years of probation, during which he would be subject to random searches, according to the agreement. Without a deal, he faced 10 years to life in prison, a $10 million fine and a minimum of five years' probation.

The court will ultimately decide Rosenthal's fate. He is scheduled to appear on May 17.

Rosenthal was once a mainstay on the UFC refereeing rotation, but hasn't been in the cage recently. His license lapsed in California as he dealt with his legal troubles and healed from a staph infection. Though referees are assigned by state commissions, not the UFC, Rosenthal had earned the praise of UFC president Dana White for his role in the Lesnar-Carwin bout.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am 

Josh Barnett has signed with the UFC. Evans vs Henderson is the new main event for UFC 161, after Barao got injured. Roy Nelson has been added to the card to face Miocic.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:25 pm 

TUF 18 tapings started today, and it was revealed that Meisha Tate would be coaching against Rousey. All reports state that Rousey was shocked when she came out, instead of Cat. It was reported that is undergoing knee surgery today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:52 pm 

Lil Nog is out of his fight against Shogun at UFC 161. It's rumored that Sonnen will take his place against Shogun. You really can't depend on Nog, he always gets hurt during training, the UFC should start scheduling replacements for him when the fight is signed. The UFC also announced Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 163. I don't get why Machida took this fight. He is supposedly the #1 contender, but is taking a fight against a guy barely in the top 10, if even that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:22 pm 

Ben Henderson has a new opponent for UFC 164, Anthony Pettis. I think this fight is way better than that bs Grant fight. Lots of rumors that the rematch of Silva/Weidman will be Dec 28, and the Ronda/Tate fight gets moved to Super Bowl weekend. The UFC 163 card in Brazil is looking really weak.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 pm 

Silva/Weidman 2 is set for December 28. Looks like Ronda/Tate 2 will be the co-main. White was on SportsCenter earlier with the breaking news. The end of the year is stacked with title fights. Aldo/Koren Zombie is Aug 3. August 31 is Henderson/Pettis. In September we have Jones/Mauler and Barao/Wineland. October is shaping up as a huge card. Dos Santos/Cain 3, Gilbert/Sanchez, Lombard/Marquardt, and possible Nelson/DC, if Nelson resigns. Then November is GSP/Hendricks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 pm 

Quote:
Breaking news today: Dominick Cruz is out of UFC 169 due to a groin injury and has vacated his title. Urijah Faber steps up on 3 weeks notice to face Renan Barao for the bantamweight title at UFC 169 on February 1st LIVE on Pay-Per-View from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 pm 

Happy Faber is getting the title shot finally. He's been killing it, and deserved it before his last fight. Sucks for him that it's on 3 weeks notice. Sounds like Cruz is just an injury waiting to happen. Never been a fan of his, hope he's finished.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm 

Is anybody going to the event in Chicago Saturday.

On the fighter Eddie Wineland, I work with someone who said his grandfather lives around a small town up here called Winamac, and Eddie WIneland came into his uncle's bar last December.

I guess he lives in Chesterton, IN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 pm 

I was going to go to the event, but the card isn't worth the price. This is by far, the worst Fox card they have put out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:06 am 

I'll be there. Main event should be a great fight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 pm 

What do you guys make of the Julianna Penn Story, Dana White called it an attack and disgusting saying some guy did it, some are saying it was due to training.

She basically out 2 years, it may have been over a TUF shirt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:43 pm 

Sounds like Gilbert is heading to Bellator. He has signed a multi fight deal, but the UFC has the chance to match. He really has gotten a raw deal from the UFC. He should have been given a rematch against Henderson, and he shoud be the current #1 contender.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next