It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The E till mania
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Looks like it is going to be Big Show vs Cody Rhodes at WM for the IC belt(per smackdown report). Also Kane came back and choke slammed Randy Orton at the end of the show so maybe Kane vs Randy Orton? I guess that's the best they could do really considering they didn't know if they were going to have Orton or not for Wrestlemania. If that match goes down you could see Orton beating Kane with Zack Ryder's help only to see Ryder getting the RKO treatment after the match is over. Meh.

hmmm. i guess that makes sense. i couldn't figure out what they were going to do with Kane or Randall and couldn't put it together. I figured Kane vs Woo woo, but since zack can't really work, he best off just taking an rko like Chris said.

I think those ratings have to be concerning. Throw in that 1 raw where they had zack,punk and bryan in that main event that was one of the worst qtr ratings ever. they've had:
the lockout,
football is over,
its been re-run season all year on the networks for the most part
and its their biggest ratings time of the year Rumble-Mania,
the Rock
and ratings are going down? I can't imagine what they'll be like in the summer.

==========

Thanks to the amazing business operation that is WWE Films, World Wrestling Entertainment had a money-losing quarter for the first time in a decade.
The bad news is that the company lost $13.1 million this quarter as compared to making a $14.4 million profit in this quarter last year (fourth quarter, October through December). The good news is that wrestling operations as a whole remained steady, and were it not for the movie studio losses, it would have been yet another stable, profitable quarter. Vince McMahon in his investor’s call last week admitted that if the new three-picture deal with 20th Century Fox didn’t pan out in a positive manner, they were not in the business of holding onto money-losing divisions – in other words, they are open to dropping WWE Films if there isn’t a turnaround.

The wrestling business news has its pluses and minuses as well. Although PPV was very slightly up this year, the reality is that it’s only up for two reasons: The Rock and the fact that they scored several thousand “out of period buys” (meaning, buys from prior quarters that just now came in to be counted). The bad news is that without Rock, PPV was down across the board, and even Survivor Series, which he headlined, did a very disappointing buyrate (281,000 worldwide, 180,000 US). The good news is that Rock is back through WrestleMania, and it is believed that he’ll be doing another match at SummerSlam this year and a third at next year’s WrestleMania. So provided they don’t burn him out, which is doubtful given he has movie commitments throughout the year, it should be another good two years of PPV revenue even if the rest of the shows see further minor declines.

In addition to losing $12 million on movies, they also spent $4 million on the WWE Network, which still has no launch date other than “sometime this year.” Latest we heard was around November, but I would be surprised at all if that date was pushed back as well. Interestingly, for whatever this is worth, most of the various departments (consumer products, licensing, merchandise, digital media, etc.) saw declines this year, but WWE Classics, which is already off some cable providers and will likely be gone nationwide come WrestleMania, remained stable. WWE.com, which is pushed super hard on television, was down by almost half ($2.7 million versus $4.5 million last year) due to drops in advertising revenue. Live event revenue year-to-year was stable.

For the year, thanks entirely to wrestling operations, they grossed $483.9 million, up from $477.7 million last year. And by wrestling operations, I mean the impact Rock had on WrestleMania and Survivor Series this year. That’s literally the entire reason, which makes it even more preposterous to hear wrestlers complaining about the Rock coming back to main event WrestleMania this year.

Vince McMahon in the investor’s conference didn’t sugarcoat anything, saying it was a “less than stellar quarter” that resulted in a less than stellar year. He blamed it all on the film division and “television licensing” – in other words, money not received from NXT and Superstars, since the claim is that there is great demand for these shows (incorrect), and they are saving them to help kick off the WWE Network.

“I must say,” Vince McMahon claimed with a straight face, “there has never been a stronger demand for WWE product than there is now.”
In the end, it wasn’t a great year, but given Rock’s apparent interest in wrestling at least three matches for the company in the next year, things are going to be fine on the wrestling end, even if all the other shows continue to see minor declines. Next month’s WrestleMania will more than likely be the single most profitable wrestling event in history, and provided they don’t screw everything up, SummerSlam and WrestleMania 29 should be huge as well. The two big questions long-term are whether the 20th Century Fox deal will help them turn their sluggish movie business around, and whether they can find a significant strategic partner on the cable side (Comcast, for example) who can help make the WWE Network launch a success. So far, it doesn’t appear they have one, but McMahon feels it’s only a matter of time before they do.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Latest On The Undertaker's In-Ring Future, WWE Interested In ROH Talent, More
By Daniel Pena
Feb 29, 2012 - 4:42:09 PM

-- Last Friday's Raw live event at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California drew 9,000 paying $360,000. Saturday's Raw show in Ontario, California drew a near sellout with 9,000 paying $275,000. Sunday in Eugene, Oregon drew 5,000 paying $165,000. Smackdown's tour of Central America opened on Thursday in Tegucigalpa, Honduras with 2,500. Friday in Panama City, Panama drew 4,000. Saturday in Guatemala City, Guatemala drew 2,000.

-- WWE officials have expressed interest in acquiring Jay and Mark Briscoe, but they are both under contract to Ring of Honor.

-- The Undertaker's time away from the ring has included surgeries on both his shoulder and hip. He was lighter than ever before when he showed up backstage at last week's Raw SuperShow, estimated at 275 to 280 pounds. The belief that he would retire following his WrestleMania XXVIII encounter with Triple H is largely gone since it's not being hinted. Peers expect him to continue wrestling for a few more years if he's able to compete once annually.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I got no real problem with anything right now except the fact that Johnny Ace is on TV so much. I really am wondering how he is in reality in charge of talent relations as he seems to have trouble talking and getting a point across. How does he negotiate with talent when he stumbles and trips over words?It is like me being in charge of a spelling contest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
chaspoppcap wrote:
I got no real problem with anything right now except the fact that Johnny Ace is on TV so much. I really am wondering how he is in reality in charge of talent relations as he seems to have trouble talking and getting a point across. How does he negotiate with talent when he stumbles and trips over words?It is like me being in charge of a spelling contest.

Just can't help it.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Undertaker is no longer advertised by WWE for Monday's Raw TV taping in Boston. It appears WWE will be focusing exclusively on the Triple H-Shawn Michaels issue as it relates to Hunter-Undertaker at WrestleMania 28. The Rock is still advertised to continue building up his WM28 main event with John Cena.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am 

Dixie Carter wrote:
Where Vince smells weakness, I smell opportunity y'all. Thanks for keeping that belt warm Bobby!

WWE Smackdown star Mark Henry could be coming to an end with his time in WWE.

Mark Henry's contract is coming to an end later this year and tensions have built up between him and WWE that it is very possible he doesn't stick around according to PWTorch.com. As reported in December, Henry pulled his groin in a match with John Cena the week prior to the TLC pay-per-view. It is reported that while many officials wanted Henry to take some solid time off to heal up, Vince McMahon wasn't as sympathetic. McMahon had Henry lose the World Heavyweight Title at the pay-per-view and Daniel Bryan cashed in Money In The Bank to win it. McMahon pushed Henry to continue working the dates scheduled which had led to frustration on Henry's part.

Mark Henry has lost many of his recent television matches and it is believed this is happening due to the high possibility of him leaving WWE.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Drop In wrote:
It is reported that while many officials wanted Henry to take some solid time off to heal up, Vince McMahon wasn't as sympathetic. McMahon had Henry lose the World Heavyweight Title at the pay-per-view and Daniel Bryan cashed in Money In The Bank to win it. McMahon pushed Henry to continue working the dates scheduled which had led to frustration on Henry's part.

Mark Henry has lost many of his recent television matches and it is believed this is happening due to the high possibility of him leaving WWE.

This is unfortunate timing. After 16 years just when he's getting the biggest push of his life and the highest amount of fan credibility, NOW he's on the outs with management. They could've parted with him at any time before (pick a year), but NOW he's in Vince's doghouse? Just seems odd.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 pm 

That does suck. The guy went through the Mae Young abortion and floundered for years. Now that he was over, its "Fuck you" time?

Maybe they're gonna give Brodus Clay back his gimmick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
This is bullshit on a few levels but it could also be a sign of getting rid of older guys and making spots avalible for the younger guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 pm 

I thought Mark Henry signed a 20 year - $20 Million deal..?

If true, that would put him under contract thru 2016.

He's getting pinned because they have no idea what they're doing. Plus everyone does except Cena and Orton anyways.

I think they're making stuff up like with the briscoes yesterday

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am 

Wade Barrett Out of Action with Injury, Why MITB Was Nixed from WrestleMania 28
By Marc Middleton
Mar 3, 2012 - 10:59:37 AM

- Wade Barrett will be out of action for 3-4 months and will miss WrestleMania 28. Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week and the injury is said to be far worse than originally expected.

Barrett's injury has caused major changes to WrestleMania 28 as the plan was to have Barrett win the Money in the Bank ladder match and carry the briefcase. WWE decided this week to pull the Money in the Bank match from WrestleMania 28 due to Barrett's injury.

Barrett wrote earlier this week that he would be off Twitter for a few months and the injury is why

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 am 
You cancel the MITB match because the guy you wanted to win is hurt? The hell is wrong with these people?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 am 

Keep in mind, they rarely like to change things this close to a PPV. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I think I found my Wrestlemania T shirt that I'll be sporting for the event. If anyone finds it offensive, well as Cranky Vince would say

FUCK YOU.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:16 pm 

Talk of the Rock showing up tonight.

Possibly no Taker, and get something between Triple H/Shawn Michaels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:21 pm 

Rock is scheduled for every Raw until Mania.

Taker was scheduled but removed last week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm 

If the Rock is scheduled for Raw, Will he Wrestle.

Also, I hope they don't worry about Cena getting over too much and letting him keep doing the promos the way he is doing.

I think it's like the way he started as being the Doctor of Thugonomics without the rapping.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:37 pm 

Doubt he'll wrestle. And he'll probably get over on Cena a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 pm 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5Posted in: WWE
WWE Officials Re-Write SmackDown, More from Carlito on WrestleMania & The Rock
By Marc Middleton
Mar 5, 2012 - 9:58:02 AM

- Over the weekend, WWE officials were re-writing this week's SmackDown after realizing that it will go head-to-head with the debut of the new season of UFC's Ultimate Fighter. The two shows will go head-to-head this Friday and again on June 1st for the TUF finals.

- As noted last week, former WWE Superstar Carlito defended The Rock against backstage heat and said the WWE talents should be happy that The Rock is making WrestleMania a success. Carlito wondered if any other WWE stars could sell out WrestleMania besides The Rock. Carlito later added the following, throwing in a joke about CM Punk:

"Oh, and I meant wrestlers on today's roster. Of course stone cold with the right angle could sell mania out."

"Punk sell out mania? He cant even get backstage at madison square garden! Oh snap!....that was just a joke b%*es!"

"The problem with john cena is that he has carried the company on his back for years and now people are sick of him."

A fan wrote to Carlito that he could sell out WrestleMania. Carlito said he could, only if it was held in a bingo hall.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm 

Dolph Ziggler Q&A: Making the Best of Less Time, His New Style of Promos
By Marc Middleton
Mar 5, 2012 - 9:41:33 AM

- WWE's website has published a Q&A with Dolph Ziggler from the new issue of WWE Magazine. Here are a few highlights:

Where did your new, off-the-cuff, stream-of-consciousness promos come from?

I always kind of did my own thing, but it got me into trouble a lot, so I started listening to what people were telling me to do to show I was a team player. I got a lot of different advice in the meantime, to be monotonous on the mic and conversational, normal, but I don’t want to do what everybody else does. So when I got on the mic, I’d talk fast, talk slow, make people think. And after a few weeks of following the rules, I was given a chance on the mic and told to sneak a couple of things in there that are really me. I’m finally coming into my own now, and if people don’t like it, yell at me. But there’s a reason I keep getting more and more time, and that’s because I’m good at talking, at showing off. It’s kind of my thing.

With Superstars like The Rock, Triple H and Chris Jericho returning to action, there’s a lot less time for some of the younger Superstars. How do you make yourself stand out with the time you get?

JR once told me, “Maximize your minute,” and I live by that motto. If I have 30 seconds to make everyone remember what I do, I better make the most of it. With whatever time I’m given, I need to do something to stand out, to become a draw, so that the fans say, “Yeah, we came here to see John Cena, but damn, Dolph Ziggler’s match was a clinic and it was awesome, and I was on the edge of my seat. So I’m coming back next time to see him.” Now that I’m getting title matches and getting to step into the ring with some of the best competition there is, now I’m going to work hard to get my time in and show just how damn good I am.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:33 pm 

Carlito wrote:
"Punk sell out mania? He cant even get backstage at madison square garden! Oh snap!....that was just a joke b%*es!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Carlito, you're my new favorite wrestler.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm 

Carlito is a decent follow on Twitter.

"@carlitocolon: “@MarketingKareem: @carlitocolon -- Your bro / cousin are AMAZING performers !!” My dad says that all the time and then looks at me angrily."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
WWE Diva Kharma was not pregnant when she returned to WWE at the Royal Rumble, but gave birth to her child on December 31, according to TMZ. Kharma, who had been on maternity leave for nearly eight months, gave birth to a boy named Jamie and has been getting into ring shape over the past month.

So no miscarriage. Take that Mr. Loblaw! :D

Ah- hah !

TMZ.com reported tonight that Kia Stevens (Kharma/Awesome Kong) has admitted she made up the story of giving birth to a baby boy on New Year's Eve.

Stevens said she was pregnant, but lost the baby, and lied to friends because she was afraid of telling the truth because so many people knew she was pregnant from television. News of this had started to get out in the past week, although it had not been reported elsewhere, which likely explains her coming forward.

She said she would like to start a foundation for women who have had similar problems.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm 

Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

Who Brodus Clay May Feud With Upon TV Return, Alberto Del Rio Not Used, More
By Daniel Pena
Mar 7, 2012 - 7:34:09 PM

-- WWE creative have talked about Brodus Clay feuding with The Miz if or when he resumes appearing on television again.

The Funkasaurus has appeared at recent Raw live events. He was reportedly removed from television last month due to Vince McMahon’s unhappiness with his ring work.

-- The Raw live event on March 2 in Cornwall, Ontario drew 2,500 paying $70,000. Raw on March 3 in Ottawa, Ontario drew 3,500 paying $155,000. Raw on March 4 in Bangor, Maine drew 5,500 paying $175,000. Smackdown on March 3 in Albany, Georgia drew 4,200 paying $135,000. SmackDown on March 4 in Macon, Georgia drew 5,000 paying $140,000.

-- Alberto Del Rio was backstage at this week's television events but not used. He returned to the ring at this past weekend's SmackDown live events after sustaining a groin tear during the tag team main event of the December 19, 2011 edition of Raw SuperShow.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm 

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

WWE's website acknowledged Wednesday that Ted DiBiase suffered an ankle injury at a "Smackdown live event" Tuesday night (no acknowledgement of it being a Smackdown TV taping). WWE, which is prone to embellishing injury recovery time for storyline purposes, said DiBiase will be out of action "for several weeks," which would indicate he will miss the biggest payday of the year at WrestleMania.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm 

Ted wasn't going to be on the card anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm 

Sure he would.

There was gonna be a "Not as good as my father" match between him and Michael McGillicutty.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Sure he would.

There was gonna be a "Not as good as my father" match between him and Michael McGillicutty.

With special ring announcer David Flair.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 pm 

And special enforcer Tamina.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next