It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The E till mania
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Nixed Royal Rumble Idea for John Cena, Update on Christian's Return, Orton
By Marc Middleton
Jan 30, 2012 - 7:17:11 AM

- WWE officials also had several scenarios planned out for Randy Orton to win in his hometown of St. Louis.

- Christian is reportedly ready to return to the ring but WWE officials decided to keep him off the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

- One of the ideas WWE officials were discussing for the Royal Rumble would have seen John Cena enter, win the match and earn a title shot at WrestleMania 28. The storyline would have then saw Cena be forced to choose between a WWE Title match and the match against The Rock.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

Post subject: Re: The E till mania
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
In breaking news, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis revealed exclusively to WWE.com the Superstars who will compete for the WWE Title in the Raw Elimination Chamber Match: WWE Champion CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, R-Truth, The Miz and Kofi Kingston.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
WWE Diva Kharma was not pregnant when she returned to WWE at the Royal Rumble, but gave birth to her child on December 31, according to TMZ. Kharma, who had been on maternity leave for nearly eight months, gave birth to a boy named Jamie and has been getting into ring shape over the past month.

So no miscarriage. Take that Mr. Loblaw! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
^ very good to hear. She's one of my favorites. One of the few believable sports entertainers around anymore.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm 

Besides WrestleMania and three previously announced Raw dates, The Rock has been added to advertising for the 3/5 show in Boston.

Basically, from 2/27 on, he is confirmed live for four of the next five Raw shows and will possibly appear on tape for one or two others.

----

free Meltzer today. He said he liked Raw a lot so be warned. I'm only 2 minutes in.

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns today to talk the post-Rumble edition of Monday Night Raw, Undertaker's Wig vs. HHH, Punk vs. Daniel Bryan, Road to Mania, Smackdown, New Japan being sold, UFC on FOX adjusted ratings, Rock's return, Diaz vs. St. Pierre, and so much more. Best of all it's FREE, so please post the link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about wrestlingobserver.com

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/cont ... -tons-more

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:54 am 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted in: WWE
The Undertaker's Next Scheduled Appearance, Match Taped For WWE Superstars
By Daniel Pena
Jan 31, 2012 - 10:25:47 PM
-- According to WWELiveTour.com, Triple H is advertised for every Raw SuperShow through WrestleMania.

The Undertaker is solely advertised for the February 20 Raw Supershow in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The official website of the Target Center advertises: "The Phenom" The UNDERTAKER will be live in Minneapolis to confront "The Game" TRIPLE H for the first time in over a year since their last meeting at WrestleMania 27!"

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Will his wig be there?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Will his wig be there?

It's my understanding that due to Undertaker's declining mobility, he will be in a six-man tag this year. It will be Kharma, Beth Pheonix, and Tamina v Undertaker, Ed Farmer, and Mike Martz.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm 
Does Kane just loan Taker his wig after his match is done?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 am 

Update on CM Punk's WWE DVD: Punk Calling the Shots, Says People Are Upset
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2012 - 5:08:18 AM

- As noted before, WWE Champion CM Punk confirmed his new WWE DVD to come out later this year. Punk spoke about the DVD on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast and said he's already upset a lot of people in regards to decisions he has made about the DVD.

WWEDVDNews reports that Punk has a lot of input on the DVD that will include matches and a documentary style feature similar to recent Randy Orton and John Cena DVD's. Punk picked the matches for the DVD and which stars were interviewed for the documentary.

Punk talked about watching recent DVD sets on Randy Orton and Chris Jericho, then sending a long e-mail to WWE employees about what he wants for his DVD. Punk said he didn't like the usual narrators that can be heard in the backgrounds and the choice of music on WWE's DVD's. Punk is refusing to have "crappy bands like Switchfoot" on his DVD and is planning on using music from bands he is a fan of and friends with.

The set will be out on DVD and Blu-ray later this year.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 am 

Spoiler: Two Top Titles Change Hands at WWE Developmental Tapings
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2012 - 5:05:35 AM

- The official Twitter page of Florida Championship Wrestling announced that Mike Dalton captured the Florida Heavyweight Title at last night's tapings from the FCW Arena in Tampa. Dalton defeated Leo Kruger, who has been rumored for the main WWE roster.

Dalton has previously competed as Mattias Wild and Mike McGrath. He was trained by Lance Storm and signed by WWE in 2010.

The FCW Twitter page also announced that Bo Rotundo and Husky Harris won the Florida Tag Team Titles at the tapings. The sons of Mike "IRS" Rotunda defeated Brad Maddox & Briley Pierce for the belts.

Bo recently returned to action after being out for months with a lacerated kidney.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:57 am 

-- In a stark contrast to recent weeks, Twitter was severely downplayed on Monday's Raw SuperShow. F4WOnline.com reports Triple H advised the move.

-- There is "strong talk" within WWE that Chris Jericho will only appear for the promotion through April or May before taking another hiatus to tour with Fozzy in the summer

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:58 am 

The Miz Reportedly Being Blamed For Disappointing Survivor Series Buy Figure
By Daniel Pena
Feb 3, 2012 - 1:32:52 PM

WWE officials contemplated months ago of putting The Miz back in the WWE Championship picture come January. That did not happen and he has not won a televised singles match since the December 5, 2011 edition of Raw. There are people within WWE who believe top officials are blaming him for the Survivor Series drawing a disappointing buy number. Teaming with R-Truth, he appeared in the main event against John Cena and The Rock.

The pay-per-view event, which featured The Rock’s first wrestling match in over seven years, is estimated to have garnered 260,000 buys worldwide. It was reported that of that figure, 160,000 pay-per-view purchases came from the United States.

The estimate compares to 244,000 buys in 2010 and 235,000 in 2009, which nearly got the show scrapped from the annual pay-per-view line-up.

Update On Proposed Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust Match, WWE Title Praised By GQ
By Daniel Pena
Feb 3, 2012 - 1:32:21 PM

-- GQ has named the WWE Championship one of the best sports trophies of all-time.

They wrote of the title: "When it comes to gaudy title belts, boxing has nothing on professional wrestling. Boxing's look like something stolen from the uniform closet of a Third World dictator. WWE's is modeled after the old-school solid-fake-gold title belt that Ric Flair used to rock. Wooo!!!"

-- Jerry Lawler appears for Remix Pro Wrestling on April 7 at Marietta Middle School Gym 242 Seventh St. Marietta, Ohio. Visit www.remixprowrestling.com for more information.

-- Cody Rhodes' inclusion in the SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match at Elimination Chamber squashes the proposed bout against Goldust at the pay-per-view event. Though the brother vs. brother bout could still take place at WrestleMania XXVIII, Vince McMahon was against the idea as recently as a few weeks ago.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 am 

WWE is advertising WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels for next Monday's Raw from San Diego for the final Raw leading to the Elimination Chamber PPV. Michaels's appearance begins a set of advertised special appearances building toward WrestleMania 28. Feb. 13 - Michaels, Feb. 20 - The Undertaker, and Feb. 27 - The Rock. Then, Rock is advertised for Raws on Mar. 5, 12, and 26.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 pm 

WWE Finally Signs Top Ring of Honor Star, Update on The Miz Filming Movie
By Marc Middleton
Feb 6, 2012 - 7:51:39 PM

- The movie that The Miz recently filmed is called Dog Fight and stars Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis. The movie is being filmed in New Orleans and comes out later this year.

- Former Ring of Honor star Chris Hero was at WWE developmental today and word going around is that he's finally signed with the company after waiting for months for medical tests to clear.

Currently there are no plans to put Hero and former Kings of Wrestling partner Antonio Cesaro together and bring them to the main roster. The two were always going to be signed as separate talents.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 pm 

WWE Covers Up The Undertaker's Head For Cover Of New WWE Magazine
By Daniel Pena
Feb 9, 2012 - 4:33:04 PM

WWE has released four different "WrestleMania" covers for the March 2012 issue of WWE Magazine, featuring The Undertaker, Triple H, John Cena and The Rock.

The magazine indicates that Triple H will face The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVIII. The headline for "The Game" cover says "Can The Game End The Deadman's Reign?" while the headline for the issue bearing The Undertaker reads "Will "The Streak" Survive?"

The Undertaker cover was apparently designed to conceal his lack of hair as his head is surrounded by photoshopped fire, with no hair visible. Many people have speculated that the iconic wrestler donned a wig in his return to television last week after a photograph surfaced online last summer in which he appeared bald. The Wrestling Observer subsequently reported that The Undertaker had indeed shaved his head.

- WWE has turned R-Truth's bad bump on Monday's RAW into an angle for the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. They have a new article up that calls Truth the most dangerous Superstar in the RAW Elimination Chamber match. They wrote:

"On Monday’s Raw SuperShow, R-Truth executed a high-risk slingshot somersault over the top rope onto The Miz, crashing to the ground ringside with brutal impact.

That dangerous maneuver – which, miraculously, did not result in serious injury – was a perfect distillation not only of Truth’s explosive athleticism, but of his gameness and reckless abandon in the squared circle. These remarkable qualities define him as a the wildest of wild-card Superstars, and could propel him to victory in the Raw Elimination Chamber Match."

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm 

Del Rio is back, returning on Raw?

Feb 9, 2012 - 3:44:20 PM
CLICK TO EMAIL ARTICLE... OR SPREAD THE WORD BELOW...

0By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

Recently injured WWE wrestler Alberto Del Rio is now advertised by WWE for this weekend's Smackdown house shows in Northern California. Del Rio will be accompanied by Ricardo Rodriguez, who hinted at Del Rio's return on Twitter on Wednesday, and also suggested Del Rio could be appearing at the Raw TV taping in Southern California (San Diego) on Monday. "Thinking of going to California this weekend.. Hmm," Ricardo tweeted. "Thinking of going from Northern California and driving the coast to the SoCal.. Still debating." WWE is currently not listing Del Rio and Ricardo for Raw

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Bald Undertaker? Weird.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 pm 

McGillicutty remembers father's death 9 years ago

Feb 10, 2012 - 3:52:31 AM

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

WWE wrestler Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig) tweeted Friday on the nine-year anniversary of the death of his father, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig. McGillicutty/Hennig's comments read:

"February 10th. A day I just can't forget... My dad, my best friend... He past away 9 years ago... I miss u dad. I miss u so much! I love you," McGillicutty tweeted. "Dear Dad. Hey man. I'm doin the bst I can. I doin everything you told me to do. I'm not supposed to cry but I can't help it. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. My name is Joe Hennig. And I'm the past, present and future. Today, I dont give a damn what u call me. Michael McGillicutty. I am Joe Hennig and I am apart of the greatest wrestling legacy of all time. I miss u Dad. And from here on out, I'm taking over! I love u daddy. RIP Curt Hennig. Let's get this Goin. #Hennig."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 pm 

Alberto Del Rio Says He Isn't a Fan of The Miz
By Marc Middleton
Feb 11, 2012 - 9:18:45 AM

- WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio appeared on 95.7 THE GAME in San Francisco with The Rise Guys to promote this weekend's SmackDown live events. Del Rio says he isn't a fan of The Miz.

He said, "I hate The Miz. This is not part of the show, I really really dislike that guy. I've tried to punch him in the face several times, not in the ring, I mean outside of the ring. He is like a little girl always running away from me."

Del Rio added that he and The Miz were very different. "I'm a real athlete. He's just a loud, stupid little kid. He's one of those guys who was probably bullied in school and that's the reason that he's so loud now."

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
McGillicutty remembers father's death 9 years ago

Feb 10, 2012 - 3:52:31 AM

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

WWE wrestler Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig) tweeted Friday on the nine-year anniversary of the death of his father, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig. McGillicutty/Hennig's comments read:

"February 10th. A day I just can't forget... My dad, my best friend... He past away 9 years ago... I miss u dad. I miss u so much! I love you," McGillicutty tweeted. "Dear Dad. Hey man. I'm doin the bst I can. I doin everything you told me to do. I'm not supposed to cry but I can't help it. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. My name is Joe Hennig. And I'm the past, present and future. Today, I dont give a damn what u call me. Michael McGillicutty. I am Joe Hennig and I am apart of the greatest wrestling legacy of all time. I miss u Dad. And from here on out, I'm taking over! I love u daddy. RIP Curt Hennig. Let's get this Goin. #Hennig."

Now they're going to make him go by the name Michael McGillicutty Ricardo Carmichael.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
kujoe_7 wrote:
By Marc Middleton

- WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio appeared on 95.7 THE GAME in San Francisco with The Rise Guys to promote this weekend's SmackDown live events. Del Rio says he isn't a fan of The Miz.

He said, "I hate The Miz. This is not part of the show, I really really dislike that guy. I've tried to punch him in the face several times, not in the ring, I mean outside of the ring. He is like a little girl always running away from me."

Del Rio added that he and The Miz were very different. "I'm a real athlete. He's just a loud, stupid little kid. He's one of those guys who was probably bullied in school and that's the reason that he's so loud now."

I think someone is jealous of how AWESOME the Miz is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:12 pm 

kujoe_7 wrote:
By Marc Middleton

If that's just not typical bullshit, then the E should put him in there with Taker and let Taker work stiff. No excuse for that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Terry's Peeps wrote:
kujoe_7 wrote:
By Marc Middleton

If that's just not typical bullshit, then the E should put him in there with Taker and let Taker work stiff. No excuse for that.

Nah, not Taker. Put him in with Regal and let him go off on him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm 

Yeah I was trying to think of someone and Regal completely slipped my mind.

That's a very good choice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 pm 

Del Rio continues to unimpress me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 pm 

is everyone really getting worked by a radio interview?

here's the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZioNSpZlOk

I loooove ADR. His character is perfect, he can work, total package. A man amongst boys, literally. Him and Regal are about it.

and btw, screw Chris Mullin.

"If you didn't hear it, I was in the middle of picking up my son from practice yesterday and caught (Alberto) Del Rio on Razor & Mr. T in progress but I think I caught most of it. It was clear during the build up that while Tom (co host Tom Tolbert) has very good knowledge from the Hogan-Orndorff-Piper era, he's rusty on the current and didn't know much about Del Rio going in. Del Rio was in studio, was not in character, and came off extremely well. Tom is familiar with the industry so could feed him good questions. Afterwards, they marveled how unbrute-like he was and how athletic his appearance was. This launched a bunch of post interview callers who wanted to talk wrestling.

Tom told a story of going to see a show in Oakland while he and teammate Chris Mullen were playing for the Warriors. They took a teammate's son because he didn't want to go and they were leaving through the entrance to the players' parking lot when they came across Bobby Heenan talking to the Bushwackers presumably going over their pending finish. Bobby Heenan, who Tom thinks is a god, told them what are you guys doing back here? They replied that they played there and this was their gym. Heenan replied, "Not tonight, you don't." He said Mullen replied something like blow me or eat me or bite me. As told by Tom, it was really funny. Ralph added his current knowledge by asking," Wasn't there a big guy named Haystacks Calhoun?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm 

I did add the qualifier "If its not just typical bullshit"...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 pm 

If he was in character and they were in the middle of a program I would have no problem with it.

But even if all of it is true, you just should not do that to your co-worker on the radio. This is one of the guys that you are counting on to draw money with over the next few years and you go and throw him under the bus. Just not good business IMO.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 pm 

Maybe they're gonna start a program after Elimination Chamber.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next