It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The E till mania
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Terry's Peeps wrote:
And special enforcer Tamina.

Referee Scott Armstrong. Wait, that's not funny.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 pm 

WWE.com has posted a new article updating Ted DiBiase's injury status, and the report notes that DiBiase suffered a grade 2 tear to his deltoid ligament, otherwise known as a heel bone fracture. DiBiase is expected to be sidelined for "several weeks."

As previously reported, DiBiase suffered the injury during Tuesday night's Smackdown tapings when he was working a match taped for today's edition of Superstars.

During Fanfest, they should have Ted doing his Dibiase Posse thing, giving out burgers and handjobs.......whatever that whole thing is about. Have Sr. come around, and start paying people to leave, proving to his son nothing is more important than money. He can't chase after them because of the bum kicker. Dibiase manages, even part-time, a young guy that is his new Million Dollar Son. Because his real son couldn't cut it. Vince would love this story.

Seriously, this stuff isn't hard. Do the deal above, elevate two guys. Dibiase wins the feud, becomes a bigger face. Sr. turns on the other kid, he becomes a face on the other show.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Drop In wrote:
During Fanfest, they should have Ted doing his Dibiase Posse thing, giving out burgers and handjobs.......whatever that whole thing is about. Have Sr. come around, and start paying people to leave, proving to his son nothing is more important than money. He can't chase after them because of the bum kicker. Dibiase manages, even part-time, a young guy that is his new Million Dollar Son. Because his real son couldn't cut it. Vince would love this story.

Seriously, this stuff isn't hard. Do the deal above, elevate two guys. Dibiase wins the feud, becomes a bigger face. Sr. turns on the other kid, he becomes a face on the other show.

Sounds like good stuff. Vince would be sold on it but Hunter probably doesn't understand why anyone would like that idea and will kill it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Drop In wrote:
WWE.com has posted a new article updating Ted DiBiase's injury status, and the report notes that DiBiase suffered a grade 2 tear to his deltoid ligament, otherwise known as a heel bone fracture. DiBiase is expected to be sidelined for "several weeks."

As previously reported, DiBiase suffered the injury during Tuesday night's Smackdown tapings when he was working a match taped for today's edition of Superstars.

this would work

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:11 pm 

Shimmer DVD taping next weekend in Berwyn:
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QwYblqKoHTs#!

----
Dolph video interview with Arda
http://blogs.thescore.com/wwe/2012/03/0 ... h-ziggler/

Ted DiBiase on his injury: Update: torn ligament and small break, but NO torn tendon which means no surgery! Again, thank you all for your encouragement!

-- Smackdown tonight has
Randy Orton & Sheamus & Big Show vs. Miz & Cody Rhodes & Daniel Bryan,
Drew McIntyre vs. Hornswaggle in a match to determine whether Drew gets re-hired,
Santino defending the US Title against Jack Swagger in a cage match,
Mark Henry vs. Zeke,
Teddy Long vs. John Lauranitis (yes, for free, on TV, no build, not that anyone would have paid for it anyway), and
Primo & Epico vs. Truth & Kofi Kingston in a non-title match.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
-- Madusa, who formerly competed for WWE as Alundra Blayze, revealed Saturday on Facebook that she was recently contacted by her former employer. However, she would not disclose further details.

"Just want to let you all know I am NOT at the wrestle reunion in Miami or Canada. just to set the record straight! However.... did receive a call from WWE...... :) and thats all i am say'n!!" she wrote.

Madusa is still in possession of the Women's Championship she infamously dumped in a trash can on a 1995 episode of WCW Monday Nitro after defecting from the promotion. Through social media, she has been angling for a match with WWE where she would defend the title against reigning Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm 

Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long Participants, Rock Movie News
By Michael Bluth
Mar 12, 2012 - 1:05:59 PM

- The Rock's upcoming movie project "Empire State" has added actress Emma Roberts to its cast, according to Variety.com. The Rock will play a detective in the film, which is scheduled to shoot after Rock films "Pain and Gain" starting in April.

- On Monday morning, WWE's Board of Directors announced that WrestleMania 28 will feature a "Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long" 12-man tag match - with the winning GM getting control of both brands. Participants for both teams will be announced in the coming weeks, but here are the rumored participants for the two teams:

Team Laurinatis: Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, David Otunga, Christian, Mark Henry & Alberto Del Rio :shock:

Team Long: Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Ezekiel Jackson, Santino, Great Khali & One more participant. :lol: :lol:

The final participant of Team Long could be Evan Bourne or Rey Mysterio (if he's medically cleared to return). :oops: :oops:

--There continues to be a lot of speculation regarding The Miz's role at WrestleMania 28. Miz, who successfully defended the WWE title against John Cena in the main event of last year's show, is rumored to be involved in this year's Rock vs. Cena match in some capacity. WWE is said to have a storyline ready for The Miz after WrestleMania and his recent losing streak is part of the buildup to that angle

-- Yokozuna is expected to be announced for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame tonight on Raw SuperShow. Though Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was originally slated to induct the two-time WWE Champion into the Hall, it was rumored over the weekend that Bret Hart will instead do the honors. The wrestling legends contested in championship matches at WrestleMania IX and WrestleMania X.

Yokozuna, whose real name is Rodney Anoa'i, died from Pulmonary edema on October 23, 2000.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I know it really does not mean shit but the HOF this year is deep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
WWE champion C.M. Punk told Luis Gomez of the Chicago Tribune that WWE wanted to complete filming for his forthcoming DVD at WrestleMania, but Punk shot down the idea. He added that filming is expected to finish at the Extreme Rules PPV in his hometown of Chicago after Mania. "WWE wanted to do a 'Road to Wrestlemania' DVD," Punk said. “I was like, ‘Who gives a s---?’ The pay-per-view after WrestleMania is in Chicago. That was a no brainer to me –coming home. The last day of filming will probably be the pay-per-view. I’ll get my sisters in there and (Colt) Cabana.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:51 pm 

Update on Evan Bourne's Future with WWE, Possible WrestleMania 28 Roles
By Marc Middleton
Mar 14, 2012 - 9:00:35 AM

- There is a lot of talk within WWE that Evan Bourne may return to feud with Jack Swagger for the United States Title once WrestleMania 28 is over. Bourne is also under consideration for one of the spots on Team Long for the big multi-man match at WrestleMania.

However, officials are considering leaving Bourne off WrestleMania altogether as a form of punishment for his repeated Wellness failures over the past few months.

When pushing Bourne is brought up, the argument is there that he could be fired from the company if he fails another test. WWE official are always hesitant to push talents who have failed more than one test.

More on the WrestleMania 28 Card, WWE Officials Leaving Time for The Rock
By Marc Middleton
Mar 14, 2012 - 11:51:16 AM

- WrestleMania 28 may just end up being a 7 match card as officials want to leave enough time for the main events as well as backstage vignettes and promos for The Rock. :roll: :roll: Word is that The Rock will be given as much time as he wants for his promos and segments building to the main event.

Officials have announced few matches for the card with just two weeks to go because they wanted to make sure they have enough time cleared for the top matches. Triple H vs. Undertaker, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho and The Rock vs. John Cena all have 25-30 minutes set aside.

There is talk that Hell in a Cell will be in the middle of the event with The Rock vs. John Cena going on last and possibly Punk vs. Jericho opening the show. :drunken: :drunken:

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm 

News on Show vs. Rhodes at WrestleMania 28, Rhodes Working Through Injuries
By Marc Middleton
Mar 14, 2012 - 8:52:30 AM

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes is said to be dealing with a few minor injuries as of late. Cody has been seen backstage limping around and one source says Cody was noticeably in pain at last week's TV tapings and this week's SmackDown tapings in Ohio.

We noted a week back that the Road to WrestleMania this year was taking its toll on the WWE crews but word is that Cody has been working hurt. Cody also hurt his elbow and leg in the RAW match a few weeks back that Wade Barrett was injured in.

Despite Cody's health, the general consensus within WWE is that he will go over Big Show and retain the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania 28

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm 

Backstage News on Barrett's WWE Future and Money in the Bank at SummerSlam
By Marc Middleton
Mar 15, 2012 - 9:30:45 AM

- WWE officials are hoping that Wade Barrett will be back in action by July so they can feature him prominently at SummerSlam.

Before Barrett went down with an injury, he was scheduled to win Money in the Bank at WrestleMania 28 and challenge CM Punk for the WWE Title.

The Money in the Bank match may be moved to SummerSlam this year just so Barrett can win it and begin the push, feuding with CM Punk for the WWE Title going into the fall.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm 

New match announced for WrestleMania 28
By Hustle
Mar 15, 2012 - 7:25:15 PM

During the WWE-themed appearance on Extra today, a new match for WrestleMania was set up, and we'll be getting a Divas match, after all as WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix teams with Eve Torres to take on the team of Kelly Kelly and Extra's Maria Menounos, who has made multiple appearances for WWE in the past.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:27 pm 

It'll be the most watched Divas match of all time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
I have no issues with Maria "MudFlaps" Menounous being on my WrestleMania.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 am 

WWE reportedly shutting down FCW developmental, future uncertain

Mar 19, 2012 - 11:23:39 PM

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

WWE will imminently shut down their FCW developmental facility in Tampa, Fla., according to the Wrestling Observer.

WWE has reportedly contacted their local TV distributor in Florida to inform them FCW is closing down. The developmental program will be temporarily re-located to Stamford, Conn. until WWE opens a permanent replacement facility or partners with another facility to house WWE's developmental program.

The move comes at a time when FCW's website was recently overhauled, WWE announcer Jim Ross spent a week at FCW scouting talent last week, and WWE has signed and developed several potential call-ups after WrestleMania.

FCW has a TV taping scheduled for this Thursday, as well as three house shows before WrestleMania and five house shows after WrestleMania. It's unclear the status of those events.

PWTorch has learned the talent in FCW have not been told anything about FCW reportedly being shut down and the developmental facility being re-located to Stamford.

Caldwell's Analysis: The timing seems odd and has caught people within WWE off-guard considering FCW seems to actually have some momentum right now with several legitimate prospects after FCW floundered for a few years. It could be part of WWE's desire to bring the developmental program "closer to home" for top executives, especially Triple H, to be able to closely monitor prospects in Connecticut. It's unfortunate for prospects who have recently uprooted and moved Florida, and will now be asked to move again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 am 

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE is looking to announce the main event for WrestleMania 29 possibly on the RAW Supershow the night after WrestleMania 28. WWE officials are expecting the RAW after WrestleMania 28 will be the highest-rated of the year.

Right now they are looking at John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker as the top guys to build next year around. As far as Austin is concerned, he has not committed to wrestling another match yet but he has been open to a return match if the situation is right.

I don't like this idea. Doing it once was different. If you do this every year, people come to expect it. Eventually, someone will get hurt. We asked for more long term booking, this is what we get. I blame you Internet nerds!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:41 am 

Full List Of Inductors For 2012 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
By Daniel Pena
Mar 23, 2012 - 12:19:58 PM

Though WWE has yet to announce who will be inducting the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame inductees, a strong source within the organization says the following plans are in place.

* Edge will be inducted by Christian

* Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon, Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard) will be inducted by Dusty Rhodes

* Mike Tyson will be inducted by Shawn Michaels and Triple H

* Mil Mascaras will be inducted by Alberto Del Rio

* Ron Simmons will be inducted by John "Bradshaw" Layfield

* Yokozuna will be inducted by Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso and Rikishi

Jerry "The King" Lawler will host the event

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:42 am 

Edge Reveals His Original Retirement Plans, Who He Wanted To Wrestle Last
By Daniel Pena
Mar 23, 2012 - 2:48:28 PM

2012 WWE Hall of Fame inductee Edge appeared on Between The Ropes with Brian Fritz. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

What he misses the most about not being with WWE on a day-to-day basis: "Honestly, I don't miss anything about being on the road. If there's things I miss, it would be the camaraderie of some of the guys. Being able to see Kane every week or Christian every week or (Dolph) Ziggler, guys I'm good friends with and road with. I miss that. I don't miss the travel. I don't miss being constantly exhausted, constantly sore and feeling like a zombie. I don't miss that at all. I wake up now and my body doesn't hurt. I have some neck days here and there but the rest of me feels great. So I'll get out and mountain bike 35 miles. I wouldn't have the energy to do that when I was working. So, I don't miss much. I miss the guys and the feeling of that crowd reaction when you have a good match but beyond that not a whole lot."

If he starting mapping out his final year in the WWE which he was planning before the neck injury forced him to retire: "I wanted to try and build it to Christian and I at a WrestleMania if it was possible. It looked like if I would have stuck around it would have happened before that. I think we would have got to him and I this year. I was kind of hoping that this would be the last year, the last Mania and gauge it from there. If I had another year left in me, sign for another year because my contract is up this month. I thought I'll sit down at this year's WrestleMania and see where I'm at. But if it could have built to where it would have been Christian and I at this year's WrestleMania then I don't think there would have been any other way to go. It's like why bother, so I can do another year just to do another match that won't mean as much to me in the final match. But I had been mentally preparing for it. I knew or assumed that it would be this year. So, it wasn't that hard to come to terms or grips with. I think it was harder for other people. I've had a lot of grown men come up to me, man, I'm just so bummed, I was crying. I was like thanks but I knew what was going on in my body so it wasn't as much of a shock to me I guess."

His thoughts on the build to The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 28: "I've really enjoyed it. I like the promos. I like the fact that you can tell they don't like each other. I also like the fact that you have a match that's a year in the making, especially with nowadays schedule and the amount of TV programming that we have. For them to be able to do a match a year out and not touch, nowadays is mind blowing. I think people have lost respect for that aspect of it. You know, everybody goes 'back in the day programs last longer and they didn't get blown off so quick'. Well yeah but there wasn't six hours of programming every week or whatever it is. It's hard to keep guys apart to do Savage vs. Steamboat nowadays. Back when I was a kid growing up, you had Wrestling Superstars or one hour on a Saturday from 11-12 or 12-1. It was easy to keep guys apart. Not any more. It's changed. So the fact that they've been able to do this year-long program without touching is astounding to me. And the fact that if Rock comes back next year, who knows? They could go again next year. Then you essentially have a three-year program with two matches. That's amazing. There's always going to be people that will complain if they haven't touched this, that or the other but then will complain if they blow it off too quick. You just got to sit back and enjoy this and take it for what it is because it hasn't actually been done before."

The interview is available here.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 am 

EXCLUSIVE: Nash tells PWTorch what was planned for texting angle, why it was derailed mid-stream

Mar 24, 2012 - 9:45:14 AM

By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

Earlier today on the PWTorch Livecast's "Interview Friday" as part of the VIP-exclusive Aftershow with Wade Keller, Kevin Nash revealed for the first time the full story on why his match with C.M. Punk was derailed after Summerslam last year.

"I'll tell you what nobody knows about this entire thing," Nash said. "I never went into it and WWE never went into it because of the privacy issue. What happened was, because of the wellness program, because my dad died of a heart attack at 36 years old, they do beyond a thorough physical. Well, my heart and everything else was fine, but I'm on Plavix and Plavix is a blood platelet agulator; they call it a blood thinner. It's not, it stops your platelets from sticking together so you don't get cardiovascular disease and blockages in your arteries and have a heart attack. it's also for stroke. It's very common to take with a statin drug if you have anybody in your heredity who died before 50 let alone having a father who died of a massive coronary at age 36.

"So I was on Plavix. So this comes through. When the doctor sees I'm on Plavix, I can't wrestle. So now I'm supposed to wrestle C.M. Punk. I can't. They won't medically clear me. Triple H has to take my spot. It screws up the entire angle. That's how all that came about. WWE would never - because that's the class of the program - let that come out, but I need to make sure people realize it wasn't Creative's [fault], it was that a 52 year old guy was on Plavix and I had to go off it. I had to be off it for a certain amount of time before I could go back to work. It just so happened that I was finishing the Soderbergh film "Magic Mike" at the time, and I had to go shoot that, so it coincided with me going away for a while. I took the shot with the sledgehammer in Buffalo at Night of Champions and that got me away until I could be clear, and then I came back and we went into the match with Paul [Triple H] and I. At that point, Phil [C.M. Punk] and I sort of missed our opportunity to have that match. That's the true untold story that I give only Wade Keller (laughs)."

He said as a result, the entire storyline was scrambled and rewritten on the fly.

"When my blood work came back and threw such a wrench into everything, it was, 'Oh my God how are we going to get out of it?' We had to drag Paul and then this in it and this in it and that in it. Can he work? Can he not work? Can we still get this match out of him? So that's where the dialogue between Phil and I were getting was changing up until show time. It wasn't because creative was unprepared, it was because I kept shuffling the deck. Oh, we're playing Texas Hold 'em. No, we're playing Indian Poker. (laughs) I kept throwing these things into it and completely throwing wrenches into what they were trying to get done. It got to the point where we got that match out of me and they were just like… I wanted to be on Plavix. Do I need to not be on Plavix and take a risk of having a heart attack and stroke or do I want to work. That's where this whole situation kind of came to. That's what transpired."

He said had the storyline played out as originally conceived, John Laurinaitis would have been revealed as the one who texted him at Summerslam.

"It would have been Johnny [Laurinaitis]. It would have been Johnny trying to end around and me trying to say that Paul had changed because he was a blue blood now and he wasn't Clique. He was in the McMahon threshold. We were going to get a Johnny Ace clique of guys to try to take over control of the company, that's when Vince would have gotten fired, and then we would have been after Paul and try to take control of the company. You know, good storyline."

He also said when he was called about coming in for SummerSlam, he immediately agreed without any negotiations.

"I got a call and they said 'Can you be at SummerSlam and can you stick Punk and let Del Rio grab the strap?' And I went 'yes.' (laughs) I'm not that dumb. Whoa! You're talking about disappearing from the Rumble and coming back. I got that second pop when I showed up at Summersrlam and stuck him. People were, like, what the hell. I thought it was excellently booked. It was just screwed up because I was on Plavix."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:29 pm 

On a recent interview with Wade Keller on the PWTorch Livecast, former WWE Creative Team member Andrew Goldstein revealed one subject he learned quickly you are not to bring up around Vince McMahon when it comes to the Undertaker. Here's an excerpt of the interview where he talks about learning one of many of the unwritten rules of Vince McMahon and WWE:

"It's a machine," he explained. "You just have no perception of how much of a well-oiled machine it is and when you step in there it doesn't stop for you. It's a freight train. It keeps going. You come in there on your first day. It's not, 'Alright, welcome. Let's get to know this new guy. Let's get him up to speed.'

"It's a freight train and you're just running along side it and you jump in the side car and you're just along for the ride and you gotta catch up to speed on your own. They're not stopping to catch you up on, well, when you have a meeting with Vince don't bring up Undertaker when he was the American Badass because Vince hates that. Nobody tells you that thing, those picky things that Vince or Stephanie and Michael Hayes [don't like]. There's no guidebook. Reality was 100 percent different than I thought it was going to be.

"It's so funny. I brought it up. I was just like, 'Oh, I love the American Badass gimmick. I loved hearing Undertaker cut actual promos and come down on the motorcycle and come down with contemporary music and be sort of human.' Bruce Prichard shot me a death look that said don't ever bring that up in front of Vince because Vince is so protective of Undertaker's character and mystique. And rightly so, its money. As Triple H has been saying, there's equity in the mysterious mystique of Undertaker."

Keller's Analysis: This could shed extra light on why WWE doesn't bring up their WrestleMania 17 match when talking about their matches at WrestleMania 27 and 28. The main reason is the match feels more special if WWE doesn't talk about it happening ten years ago. They did the same thing by perpetuating the myth that Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant never wrestled before WrestleMania 3 and that Andre had never been bodyslammed before. The idea is to give fans the feeling they're seeing history being made instead of a rerun from years earlier

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:12 pm 

Arn Anderson Discusses Horsemen in WWE's Hall of Fame, What Could Have Been & More
By Marc Middleton
Mar 25, 2012 - 8:53:34 AM

- Wrestling legend and current WWE producer Arn Anderson recently spoke with Mike Mooneyham of The Post & Courier. Here are some highlights:

Going into the WWE Hall of Fame with the Horsemen:
"I’m never going to be one of those guys who asked what took so long. I’m just floored by the fact that it’s happening. It’s a very elite group. I feel like I had — and am still having — a successful career. But the highlight of that career would have to be the three years I spent with that group of guys. It was a special time. I called it the golden years of the business. Both the WWF and NWA were thriving. Just to be pretty prominently figured into that group of guys is something you can tell your great grandkids about. There’s nothing like the first group. Obviously that’s special."

Thinking about what could have been:
"There’s two times when it bothers me. It bothers me when I see a match go south and I’m sitting there on headsets, and I know at that moment in time if I was in there, I could fix it. Or when it’s done really well. That’s the two times that I really miss it. And I think I might have come along too soon. What kind of value do you reckon Arn Anderson would have to this industry if I walked in the door right now with the knowledge I had at 30 years old and healthy? I know that sounds like a really conceited comment, but look at the experience level of the guys, through not any fault of their own. They’re coming in sometimes only a year right out of FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling) right into the lion’s den, and it’s tough."

Today's performers vs. stars of his era:
"By the time I got in the spot I had in ‘85, I had three really intensive years of 300-plus matches a year. How good would guys like John Cena, Randy Orton or Batista have been if they would have had 900 matches in their first three years? Can you fathom that? So we had a distinct advantage at the time. I would love to still be wrestling if my body would accommodate it in these times."

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm 

Alberto Del Rio was doing media for WWE in Puerto Rico this weekend and said that he is under the impression that he will not be performing at WrestleMania 28.

Del Rio said at one point, he was going to face Randy Orton and most recently plans called for him to be on Team Laurinaitis. Del Rio said he had just been told he's no longer in the Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long match.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I know there was issues and that's why it not happening soon, but wasn't Mania weekend when the WWE Network was supposed to start.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm 

kujoe_7 wrote:
Arn Anderson Discusses Horsemen in WWE's Hall of Fame, What Could Have Been & More
By Marc Middleton
Mar 25, 2012 - 8:53:34 AM

- Wrestling legend and current WWE producer Arn Anderson recently spoke with Mike Mooneyham of The Post & Courier. Here are some highlights:

Going into the WWE Hall of Fame with the Horsemen:
"I’m never going to be one of those guys who asked what took so long. I’m just floored by the fact that it’s happening. It’s a very elite group. I feel like I had — and am still having — a successful career. But the highlight of that career would have to be the three years I spent with that group of guys. It was a special time. I called it the golden years of the business. Both the WWF and NWA were thriving. Just to be pretty prominently figured into that group of guys is something you can tell your great grandkids about. There’s nothing like the first group. Obviously that’s special."

Listening to a guy in the know, Dave Meltzer, just said that Edge is the Main Event of the HOF, but Tyson is 2nd over the Horseman.

Meltzer said it's hard to get worked up about this, but if true a Slap in the Face to the Horseman.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:31 pm 

The main event of the Hall of Fame??

Probably means Edge goes out last and Tyson is the filler betwixt The Horsemen and Edge.

Tyson is the Divas match of the Hall Of Fame Ceremony.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The main event of the Hall of Fame??

Probably means Edge goes out last and Tyson is the filler betwixt The Horsemen and Edge.

Tyson is the Divas match of the Hall Of Fame Ceremony.

I've been uncomfortable with "The Horseman" being inducted since it was announced. I can't imagine Hunter and Arn would let this go wrong, but I've seen worse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 pm 

Those where the words he used, and you could be right Terry's Peeps about Tyson being a filler, but probably thinks that the Horsemen should be next to last.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am 

I dont get why they're inducting the Horsemen to begin with. There's still plenty of guys you can put in, no reason to based on geography, Flair is employed by another company, etc. Maybe its a favor to AA from Trips, but still wait a year or 2.

Meltzer show pretty good today mostly q&a including funny hbk vs rock heat, hof, etc.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dyfvvi
look for: Click here to start download from sendspace

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight to talk all the news in wrestling and MMA including thoughts on Raw tomorrow and who the final men on Team Teddy and Team Johnny might be, Bert Sugar's death, Elimination Chamber buyrate and thoughts on what it means, TUF Brazil, Dave's thoughts on Kimbo's fight from last night, and tons and tons of questions. Fun show as always so check it out~!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm 

If Triple H did somehow win against the Undertaker, is that Taker's last match.

Of course I just read that HBK will screw over Triple H, and that could be next year's main event at Mania, Triple H vs HBK.

Other things, I know Orton and Kane are already built, but the last time I can think of just throwing somebody in like this match, was when Triple H faced Kane at Wrestlemania 15 I think and it started Triple H's run as a heel when he turned on DX later in the night and eventually went on to win his first World Title.

The only I could see is Orton getting involved in the Byran-Sheamus match, maybe costing Sheamus and turning Orton heel.

A prediction, after Mania, is when Ziggler starts to take off again and becomes a Main eventer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next