It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So why is TNA despised?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I don't watch wrestling a lot anymore,but when I do,it's usually TNA. Why is it disliked compared to WWE? Just curious. I think they have a decent "young guy" stable and some old guys to keep it interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
They overbook matches and have way too many non-finishes. They continually focus on guys that are so far past their prime in Hogan, Sting, and Bischoff. They misuse their young talent like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

What they do better than the E is the women's division. It's not treated like a joke like it is by Vince.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I had this on not this week but last week. I wasn't really paying attention but from what I saw there was a decent match with some younger wrestlers I did not recognize so I left it on and then some stupid shit with Bischoff came on and I turned it off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Terry's Peeps wrote:
They overbook matches and have way too many non-finishes. They continually focus on guys that are so far past their prime in Hogan, Sting, and Bischoff. They misuse their young talent like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

What they do better than the E is the women's division. It's not treated like a joke like it is by Vince.

What Speeps said. Also, an overall lack of continuity in booking. The main frustration for me is seeing what it could be. When WCW was doing flaming pinatas on Madusa's pole matches, while the Pinata held the TV Title, they were pulling 1.8's and 2.0's. So we obviously aren't the only people that think it sucks. I've put together booking plans on here for three and six months that took 10-30 minutes. Each was deemed better than what's being put out on a national cable network.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I don't watch wrestling a lot anymore,but when I do,it's usually TNA. Why is it disliked compared to WWE? Just curious. I think they have a decent "young guy" stable and some old guys to keep it interesting.

It's all Speeps fault jimmy.

AJ Styles could be fighting Kurt Angle in Speeps back yard, and he'd be complaining about Dixie Carter giving this match away for free.

Like TNA could get enough people to fill Speeps' backyard. :roll:

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:11 pm 

Stuff like this on a taped show is another reason TNA is third rate.

Piss poor production.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Racism. People of color, like Hogan, can't get a break in this country.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 am 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Racism. People of color, like Hogan, can't get a break in this country.

He teamed up with Ditka a few years ago. They agreed to an Orange Coalition in 13'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:12 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I only skimmed this past TNA episode from England or wherever, but either I was :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: or I want to say that episode had more actual wrestling than any WWE or TNA show of like the past 3 years.

I was in the same state when I watched it, but it was so refreshing to see those guys in front of a real crowd. You could see it in their promos. The Hogan pop was big.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Keeping Score wrote:
Drop In wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I only skimmed this past TNA episode from England or wherever, but either I was :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: or I want to say that episode had more actual wrestling than any WWE or TNA show of like the past 3 years.

I was in the same state when I watched it, but it was so refreshing to see those guys in front of a real crowd. You could see it in their promos. The Hogan pop was big.

I plan on going back and watching it in it's entirety. The Hogan pop was HUGE and he still had his mustache?

I'd just like to see them survive and even thrive. Competition is always a good thing.

There's still things I like about them.

1. They do the X-Division/Cruierweight thing better
2. The do the Knockouts/Divas thing better
3. Eric Young is infinitely better than Santino
4. I like how they acknowledge the cameras.....which makes back stage skits seem more realistic
5. Their Tag Team Division is usually ALOT better than WWE
6. I even like how their show has more of a old days territories feel
7. I'll think of more.......
8. FU Speeps :P :P :P

I agree with this post 100% but the reliance on the older guys over the young guys is killing them.Also the wierd booking stuff and picking up of guys who are toast.Plus,Why isn't Helms in this company????

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:09 pm 

If you're hot, there's nothing you can do to f**k it up. If you're cold, there's little you can do to resurrect it. -Jim Cornette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Drop In wrote:
If you're hot, there's nothing you can do to f**k it up. If you're cold, there's little you can do to resurrect it. -Jim Cornette

I can cite 2 exceptions to that statement one foreach side.

Hot and messing it up= Schockmaster

not= Ryder.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Drop In wrote:

I can cite 2 exceptions to that statement one foreach side.

Hot and messing it up= Schockmaster

not= Ryder.

Those are two horrible examples. WCW was the lowest it had ever been when the Shockmaster was introduced. Ryder is a hot mid-card guy that will never hit the next level. Also, WWE isn't hot. I like Ryder, but he doesn't have the ability to carry a top spot.

To Keeping Score's point. Actually, to Jimmy Pasta's point. I want TNA to succeed so bad it hurts when I pay attention. I sat in a box, if you'll pardon the expression, at BFG 2008, explaining to my wife what TNA could be. Patient woman. As I was saying this, I was at their Wrestlemania that couldn't fill a 5k building.

There's an old saying that if wrestling is in the title, a certain percentage will watch. The two main companies have even managed to F that up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 am 

If we were running this section in 98 and 99, we would be shitting on the majority of the show. The difference is that every thread would be twenty pages, and we'd pop for the the top and mid guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 am 

If I took over a wrestling company that employed Jim Cornette, my first action would be to fire Jim Cornette.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Basically, I'm irritated at the wasted opportunity they pose. Someone, with a good cable presence, who can provide us with something better than WWE crap, settling instead for reliving the "end of" WCW days? Including using the same talent?!? Insistence on using disposed WWE talent? Rhino, Kennedy, Christian, Hardys. Sting, Foley, Nash. Then, Hulk, Bischoff, Flair. And of course, Jeff Jarrett. [I'm giving Angle a pass as they got some mileage out of him]

The writing is abysmal. Nothing like Russo and Jarrett.

All wasting of time on the old farts detracts from what was their core talent: AJ, Beer Money, X Division, and the Girls. Their time was now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:27 am 

Perfectly said Beebo.