It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
My God, what a depressing thing, watching the Chris Adams "Gentleman's Choice" video.

Mickey Grant, saying the syndicated show was #2, just behind "Soul Train"?!?

An incredible array of losers...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Then watching the Mike Graham Guest Booker...

LOL, they asked him everything except the booking part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
I've learned many things from watching these:

don't headbutt flight attendants
don't throw boulders thru windows at McD's
stay far away from Sunny
do NOT share a motel room with Jim Mitchell.
don't talk to Al Snow. Ever.

They key for most of these is to find ones without Feinstein and w/o too much Sean Oliver. That leaves multiple guest shoots or ones conducted by a guest (Cornette) or ones that are compilations, etc.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
I know we have many a Jerry Jarrett fan here. Might have been a great booker, but what an unimpressive human being. He might be the most passive aggressive male I've ever watched speak in my life. That "oh shucks" southern gentleman crap isn't going to fly with this Yankee.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Sure, and Jarrett believes a lot of his own publicity, too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Bob Loblaw wrote:

Don't shake his hands, certainly. You sorta know where they been.

Bob Loblaw wrote:
They key for most of these is to find ones without Feinstein and w/o too much Sean Oliver. That leaves multiple guest shoots or ones conducted by a guest (Cornette) or ones that are compilations, etc.

The old ROH shooting series with the somnambulant interviewer was a hoot. You're basically relying on the interview subject to be the entertainer, anyhow. I have to admit, I prefer Corny. I wonder how Percy Pringle'd do in that role?

But seriously, regards Sean Oliver, can you think of a more minimal-investment money maker? Especially the "You Shoot"?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Beebo wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

Don't shake his hands, certainly. You sorta know where they been.

Bob Loblaw wrote:

The old ROH shooting series with the somnambulant interviewer was a hoot. You're basically relying on the interview subject to be the entertainer, anyhow. I have to admit, I prefer Corny. I wonder how Percy Pringle'd do in that role?

But seriously, regards Sean Oliver, can you think of a more minimal-investment money maker? Especially the "You Shoot"?

Speaking my language Beebo. We were discussing this yesterday.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 am 

Beebo wrote:
somnambulant interviewer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I can't get enough of the Cornette ones. The only one (and its not up yet) that isn't great is when he re-books the invasion. There's also one with Bruno that is hosted by Cornette that is really good, but the file is huge and isn't up yet.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Watching the Memphis DVD... Good Christ, how long were they sitting on that, waiting for funding? Jarrett's a blonde in the interviews (And tubby, too)

Lots of the older guys I never got to see, so that's great. Little too much Lawler and Jimmy Hart, but that was expected.

What thoughts from the other denizens of the Peanut Gallery?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm 

Beebo wrote:
Watching the Memphis DVD... Good Christ, how long were they sitting on that, waiting for funding? Jarrett's a blonde in the interviews (And tubby, too)

Lots of the older guys I never got to see, so that's great. Little too much Lawler and Jimmy Hart, but that was expected.

What thoughts from the other denizens of the Peanut Gallery?

The first line of the entire doc is, "They don't even know what Heat is today, man". ...and I think that is beyond perfect

I love the Memphis dvd. I think I've watched 4-5 times now. I think its worth it just to watch Lawler punch people, that dude still has to have the best punch in the business. Fargo can hold up his left hand, punch it was his right, and it still looks like a better punch than any current performer. Most of the stories are great and the crowd reactions give me goose bumps at times. You can have 80,000 people at Mania this year and they would still pale in comparison to some of the memphis crowd noise/reactions. You always used to hear the stories about promoters turning away thousands of fans wrapped around the building and SRO in blizzards, etc, but these guys really did it. There was definitely better wrestling out there at the time but I cant imagine any other territory were it would be that fun to be a fan.

also in the extras "title 2" is a pretty good story - the Mario Gallento incident. That's how I like to think of the glory days of the business.

Heat = "I had a baby actually thrown on me in a riot in Odessa, TX"
- Sputnik Monroe