It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Latest on Brock Lesnar Returning to WWE, WWE Fine with Limited Schedule
By Marc Middleton
Apr 1, 2012 - 2:45:53 PM

- PWInsider reports that their sources have also heard Brock Lesnar signed a deal with WWE while in Miami this weekend. The two sides have been talking throughout the week.

Lesnar has no desire to work a full-time schedule and apparently WWE is fine with this.

WWE is looking to announce the WrestleMania 29 main event either tonight in Miami or on tomorrow night's RAW Supershow and Lesnar may fit in with those plans

- One of the centerpieces of WWE's Hall of Fame display at Axxess is the NWA World Title belt that was at the center of the Highspots.com vs. Ric Flair legal dispute. This could indicate that WWE acquired the belt, possibly helping Flair settle the matter.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Can't see Cena getting a title shot after a loss, so we will see how Jericho works to get a rematch at the next ppv.

Like was put, this is where we could see Lesnar and possibly Batista.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am 

Backstage News on Sheamus, WWE Pushing Younger Talents?, Heat on The Rock
By Marc Middleton
Apr 2, 2012 - 9:35:51 AM

- There was a push in Miami this weekend for WWE to begin pushing some of the younger talents on the Road to WrestleMania 29 in 2013. :shock: :shock: :shock:

- There was heat on The Rock among some of the Legends and talents in Miami this week for not attending the Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday night. No word yet on why he didn't attend.

- WWE officials are reportedly planning a lengthy World Heavyweight Title run for Sheamus :drunken:

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 am 

Christian Getting a Title Shot?, Reaction to Brodus at WrestleMania, Lita-Axxess
By Marc Middleton
Apr 2, 2012 - 9:06:15 AM

- There was a fear within WWE that WrestleMania 28 would do good but things would quickly turn bad with top stars like Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Triple H and The Undertaker leaving this week. This is part of the reason why officials want to do something with Batista and Brock Lesnar :bom: :bom: :?:

- Former WWE Diva Lita wrote the following this weekend about her WrestleMania 28 Axxess session:

"The interviewer at #AXXCESS asked me about my time with The Brood. #areyouseriousbro #whoisthisguy #Wrestlemania"

Lita actually joined up with The Hardys years ago after Matt and Jeff left Gangrel's The New Brood.

- John Laurinaitis promised Christian a World Heavyweight Title shot if Team Laurinaitis won at WrestleMania 28. Ace's team won but with Christian being pulled from the match due to injury, it remains to be seen if he will still get the title shot.

- While some fans complained that the WrestleMania 28 segment with Brodus Clay didn't come off well on TV, fans in attendance report that live in person, it went over just fine with the crowd

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm 

Chris Jericho Says The Better Man Won at WrestleMania, Time to Move On?
By Marc Middleton
Apr 2, 2012 - 10:01:16 AM

- Chris Jericho failed to capture the WWE Title from CM Punk at last night's WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view in a 30+ minute match. Jericho took to Twitter this morning and said he may be moving on:

"Feel like I got run over by a truck...and in a way I did. The better man won last night. I guess its time for me to move on."

The talk when Jericho first returned to WWE was that he would likely be leaving after WrestleMania but recent reports have suggested that he will stick around and still tour with Fozzy this summer

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:05 pm 

I take from that, Jericho will not try and get a re-match if that's true, who does Punk face next, Cena off a loss, Batista or Lesnar, or maybe time to push somebody new.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:17 pm 

WWE Champion CM Punk Set to Feud with Lord Tensai Soon?
By Marc Middleton
Apr 3, 2012 - 2:02:59 PM

- WWE has pointed out that "Tensai" means disaster in a new article looking at Lord Tensai's debut last night on RAW from Miami.

Speculation is that Lord Tensai will be feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk after John Laurinaitis told Punk that "natural disasters" were headed his way. Laurinaitis made the comment on RAW last night after promising more competition for the WWE Champion.

When news broke last month of Tensai coming to WWE, first reports were that he would be a "henchmen" for Laurinaitis

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am 

Randy Orton wrote the following on Twitter in response to fan comments after he was pulled from The Marine 3.

"I respect our military. That's why I've gone to Iraq or Afghan 3 times and met thousands of soldiers. Funny that's not mentioned" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wrestler Predicts That Brock Lesnar Will "Crack", Kelly Kelly Tweets Dirty Laundry
By Daniel Pena
Apr 8, 2012 - 4:50:59 PM

-- Given Brock Lesnar's admitted distaste for WWE's strenuous road schedule, there is skepticism on the accomplished grappler remaining content for the entire one year duration of his contract with the sports entertainment organization. One veteran wrestler who worked with Lesnar during his prior run with WWE doesn't think that he will able to handle working for the promotion for an entire year.

The wrestler said to Pro Wrestling Torch editor Wade Keller on Monday night following Raw, "I give him four months before he cracks."

Lesnar loathed the travel schedule so much that in 2003 he bought a private plane and hired a pilot to alleviate the stress of going through airports. Even with that and a seven-year contract for a $1 million downside guarantee, he ultimately gave notice that he would finish up at WrestleMania XX.

-- Kelly Kelly suggested Friday night on Twitter that she broke up with her boyfriend, NHL player Sheldon Souray.

"Kharma is a ***** ..have a nice life," she wrote following SmackDown. Kelly wrote "eww" minutes later after a Twitter user remarked that Souray should bring her to one of his hockey games.

Both messages have since been deleted. The WWE Diva then tweeted a quote from The Notebook suggesting the couple remains together

Rey Mysterio says he's trying to return to the ring within the next few weeks. He wrote on Twitter Sunday night:

"I really miss performing for all of u & thank u 4 all the LUV,i am pushing myself to come back from my injury by May! Almost their!1 LUV!"

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 pm 

The belle twins contracts are up in the next few weeks are they are not expected to reupholstered

Per pw torch

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
kujoe_7 wrote:
The belle twins contracts are up in the next few weeks are they are not expected to reupholstered

Per pw torch

What?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:41 am 

Is CM Punk Too Small To Face Brock Lesnar?, Dolph Ziggler On Rock Comment
By Daniel Pena
Apr 9, 2012 - 3:56:54 PM

-- CM Punk has been mentioned as a potential opponent for Brock Lesnar but there is concern among WWE officials as to whether it would be an equal match-up due to their difference in size. Lesnar is seen as a "beast" whereas Punk is considered relatively skinny for a top level WWE Superstar. Furthermore, management wants Lesnar's programs to be box office bonanzas and Punk is seen at best fifth in the pecking order, behind The Rock, John Cena, Triple H and Undertaker. There is also concern over Punk's appearance backstage; he has been described as walking around looking like he just walked out of a car accident. Officials notice this as he often walks around backstage with a heat pack or an ice pack in tow and generally looks beaten and battered.

-- Dolph Ziggler appeared to take a passive aggressive shot at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson over The Great One's limited schedule with WWE last week via Twitter. A user wrote to the WWE Superstar, "Couldn't decide which flexforce WWE figure to buy between your action figure and @therock 's.. chose the rock in the end!" Ziggler responded, "Typical, just make sure you only play with it 4-5 times a year...." Ziggler addressed his remarks gaining attention on wrestling news websites.

"glad my #ATH session where i answer 200 questions while on a treadmill took 1 of my 100 jokes & made it "news" #getoverit," Ziggler wrote. He added in a separate post that he thought his comment was pretty funny and those upset should get a sense of humor.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 am 

Posted in: WWE
More on the WrestleMania Buyrate, Triple H and The Undertaker's Status
By Marc Middleton
Apr 11, 2012 - 7:31:29 PM

- Preliminary numbers for WWE's WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view show 636,000 buys in the United States although one source has it as high as 700,000. This would not include Canada's buys. Last year's domestic buys were 679,000 but that also included Canada and Puerto Rico.

These numbers that came out today are all first-week estimates and WWE won't release the final number until the end of May. Last year they did 15,000 buys in Germany and this year only 9,000.

- Earlier reports suggested The Undertaker will work several more WrestleMania events as long as he is able to but another source expects him to work just next year's show in New Jersey. Taker's left shoulder was in bad shape and he was banged up when the Hell in a Cell match with Triple H was over at WrestleMania 28. However, reports were that he came out of Hell in a Cell less injured than he came out of the WrestleMania 27 match.

Regarding Triple H's status, he will wrestle sparingly from here on out as office work is taking a priority. The belief is that he will still do some matches from time to time

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Drop In wrote:
kujoe_7 wrote:

Per pw torch

What?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Drop In wrote:
kujoe_7 wrote:

Per pw torch

What?

How the heck did I miss this gem?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm 

WrestleMania XXVIII Sets New Records For Pay-Per-View Buys and Gross Sales
By Daniel Pena
Apr 16, 2012 - 2:13:54 PM

WWE proudly announced Monday that WrestleMania XXVIII set new records for pay-per-view buys and gross sales.

According to WWE.com, preliminary estimates show that WrestleMania garnered 1.3 million pay-per-view buys with global gross sales in excess of $67 million.

The event was seen around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who competed in the "Once in a Lifetime" Match against John Cena, touted the event's success via Twitter.

He wrote, "BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!"

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 pm 

- UFC President Dana White had the following to say to reporters about Brock Lesnar returning to WWE at the UFC 145 post-fight press conference on Saturday night:

"When he did the deal with the WWE, all the rumblings started with you guys. He never called me. He never told me. He didn't have to. It was always up front and said in his deal, he could do the WWE. I'm happy for him. To do what he did in the WWE, came here and did what he did, now he's back over there. Good for him; good for them."

- As noted before, Mark Madden said recently that Paul Heyman was helping Brock Lesnar with his WWE promos. Heyman replied on Twitter:

"@MarkMaddenX As flattered as I am by the notion, I have nothing to do with #BrockLesnar's @WWE promos. Believe it or not, @WWE got it right ... in a BIG way ... with that #DeathClutch promo last week on #Raw. I'd love to take even a tiny bit of the credit for that promo, but it all belongs to @WWE and Brock himself!"

- With Titus O'Neil and Darren Young being moved from NXT to SmackDown, there are rumblings that a new tag team from FCW may make their debut on this week's NXT

Brodus Clay Talks About Being Frustrated with His Dance Choreography
By Marc Middleton
Apr 23, 2012 - 8:38:59 AM

Source: PWTorch

- You may remember Brodus Clay disappearing from WWE TV for several weeks back at the end of January. Clay wrestled Alex Riley on the January 27th RAW, Drew McIntyre at the Royal Rumble and then Tyler Reks on the January 30th RAW. He then was taken off WWE TV until March 12th, only working dark matches.

In the new issue of WWE Magazine, Clay talked about feeling frustrated with his dance choreography being off and a conversation he had with Triple H after the match against Riley:

"One night, I came backstage after a match against Alex Riley and I was so upset. Triple H said, 'What's the matter?' and I explained that the choreography was off. He's staring and me and I'm like, 'Wait. Am I upset over the choreography?' He said, 'Yeah, you are.' I didn't know how to feel about that. But, I'm always worried about the dancing - that I'll fall."

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 am 

I know Rhodes is helping Del Rio beat Big Show, but are they pusing Del Rio more towards the Intercontiental title, instead of the World Title.

I guess it could be they were going to go Del Rio-Sheamus after Mania, but maybe going for Bryan beacuse of the crowd with the YES Chants.

Also reading that Beth Phoenix is okay, just wanted the Bella's to win the title to bring Kharma back and hold off Kharma-Phoenix for a later time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I have watched about 3 seconds of womens wrestling in the last 20 years. It's just bad. Doesn't really do it for me either...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 am 

I understand about the women, but the Kharma-Phoenix would be the 1 and pretty much only Women's match I would want to see.

The others are there just for looks and look awful in the ring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
When Beth "hurt" her ankle, I determined Kharma was coming back, and the Bellas are on the way out. Have one of them job to Kharma, remind everyone she's a beast by squashing toe, and save the match with Beth Pheonix. I immediately became very upset with myself for instantly thinking that.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 am 

Drop In wrote:
When Beth "hurt" her ankle, I determined Kharma was coming back, and the Bellas are on the way out. Have one of them job to Kharma, remind everyone she's a beast by squashing toe, and save the match with Beth Pheonix. I immediately became very upset with myself for instantly thinking that.

I was just reading that they may hold Kharma-Phoenix to Summerslam.

Also right now the plan is to have Orton-Lesnar at Summerslam too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It speaks volumes about the current post mania product that this discussion had turned towards the women's division.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm 

This could make some people happy,

LCW-Rey Mysterio has been suspended 60 days for a failed drug test.

Of course we haven't seen him in a while, so it may not matter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
reents wrote:
This could make some people happy,

LCW-Rey Mysterio has been suspended 60 days for a failed drug test.

Of course we haven't seen him in a while, so it may not matter

Wow who would have guessed. This makes his second one.One more and he is gone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted in: WWE
Update on Batista's Announcement, JR on Why Brock Lesnar Returned to WWE
By Marc Middleton
Apr 26, 2012 - 5:27:09 PM

- We noted a few weeks back that Batista was promising a big announcement from his manager Johnny Ryan Jr. Batista wrote this week that the announcement will be coming in May and that 2012 is about to get "real." Batista's manager wrote the following this week:

"Closing these deals for @DaveBautista with the suits. Will be able to announce soon and it will be worth the wait!"

- Jim Ross wrote the following on Twitter today about why Brock Lesnar has returned to WWE:

"Brock Lesnar is back in WWE to: 1 intimidate 2 brutalize 3 earn BIG money NOT to 1 work on public speaking skills 2 make friends 3 lose"

"Fans that naively think that money & being able to physically dominate people didn't affect Lesnar's return to WWE aren't being honest. Word

Lesnar vs. Orton Update, DDP Holding Yoga Retreat, WWE Video Game Note, Kelly Kelly
By Marc Middleton
Apr 26, 2012 - 12:19:12 PM

- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane for the World Heavyweight Title is being advertised for the June 24th SmackDown show in Bloomington, Indiana.

- DigitalTrends.com features an article looking at Electronic Arts being on the lookout for acquisitions of other video game studios. They speculate that THQ could be acquired, meaning EA would take over the rights to WWE's video games.

- WWE Diva Kelly Kelly recently broke 500,000 followers on Twitter.

- We noted earlier that a Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton feud for SummerSlam was discussed recently within WWE. Apparently that is the current plan in place. Lesnar will begin feuding with Orton after John Cena unless things change

Nice Guys Finish Last