It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Is it me or does it seem that the Brock thing reaks of desperation? Don't get me wrong, I just watched the video of his return, but to me, bringing Brock back (and Batista as well) is the product of an innate inability to create new stars.

It's not just you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Is it me or does it seem that the Brock thing reaks of desperation? Don't get me wrong, I just watched the video of his return, but to me, bringing Brock back (and Batista as well) is the product of an innate inability to create new stars.

Maybe something there, but it is not like Brock is a long time guy that they pulled in off the scrap heap. What did he have a 2-3 yr run back in the early 2000's? He is 34 years old. He has some good years left in him, especially if he is only working a limited schedule.

Personally, I would have more of an issue of the guy coming back to work a light schedule. He is not a guy like the Rock or Taker who has earned that right with a long run of working his ass off.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
So, does anyone have a clue why Shamus squashed Bryan at WM?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 am 

Supposedly Lesnar is coming in to work 2 appearances a month leading up to WrestleMania 29, with the option to negotiate more appearances if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Supposedly Lesnar is coming in to work 2 appearances a month leading up to WrestleMania 29, with the option to negotiate more appearances if needed.

Kinda lame. He still has appeal but how long with that pop last? 2 appearances a month? The WWE needs young stars that will work full-time, not just solid mid-card guys but superstars.

Rock -Limited
Brock - Limited
Bautista - Limited
HHH - Limited
Undertaker - Limited

I realize you need to capitalize on the money-train (or apparent money train) but what happens in a year two, an big injury? The Rock leaves....AGAIN and on and on...

I really thought Orton was a go, even Miz. Bryan seems to be taking steps...I like Rhodes

Question remains: Will WWE creative fuck it up? Probably.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 am 

Did I miss something with Batista? Is he back and I haven't realized it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 am 

And to qualify my statements...

I was a HUGE wrestling fan as a kid/teen/young adult....ate everything up including PPV's and video games.

I still tune in from time to time but there is nothing to grab me, hit me in the face and reel me in.

"Hey! It's the Rock....and he's doin' stuff....oh wow, rehashed promo's....oh, those are pre-taped promos? Keep it"

And now with a small and flat looking Brock...I'm sure you all will disagree with me but you have a lot of older talent eating up prime TV time and such that could be used to develop or even simply to put over younger talent.

I dunno.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 am 

RFDC wrote:
Did I miss something with Batista? Is he back and I haven't realized it?

I put him in there because there have been rumors and rumors of rumors of his return....not sure how solid it is but if he did come back it would be the same old song and dance...and I actually like Big Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
SomeGuy wrote:
And now with a small and flat looking Brock...I'm sure you all will disagree with me but you have a lot of older talent eating up prime TV time and such that could be used to develop or even simply to put over younger talent.

You're not off at all. However, bringing back known talent should pop ratings, and they should make younger guys bigger stars. Rock's return didn't provide that. It sounds like there's a bigger plan here, and Rock coming back should at least get some new eyes on the product.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The crowd last night was better than the one at MITB in my opinion. I loved how hot they were after the show too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBZJtUOi94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
SomeGuy wrote:
So, does anyone have a clue why Shamus squashed Bryan at WM?

Vince wanted to break the Kane vs Chavo record. They failed by a few seconds.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 pm 

Raw Recap

- Johnny Ace is now the General Manager of Raw AND Smackdown. He opened the show with a backstage meeting with talent, promising not to abuse his power before proceeding to abuse power.

- The Rock showed up! He's the guy who won at Wrestlemania against John Cena. Clean!

- The Rock put over Cena in his promo, and got the crowd spontaneously chanting "JHC", standing for Jesus H. Christ.

- Rock claimed this was not the end but just the beginning, crowd responded with a,"YES! YES! YES! YES!" chant.

- The Rock wants to be WWE Champion!

- Santino successfully defended his US Title in a Triple Threat against Ziggler and Swagger. After the match Santino escaped an angry Ziggler and Swagger and was defended by Brodus Clay, who headbutted Ziggler out of the air

- Lord Tensai debuted! Cole admitted that he is a "former WWE Star who went to Japan and has returned"

- Tensai won his debut after the ref called a stoppage - Riley got in zero offense and was squashed in more ways than one.

- Mark Henry loving owns

- The crowd (which was awesome) started a,"NO! NO! NO!" chant when Mark Henry broke up their,"YES! YES! YES!" chant

- Mark Henry won a title match against CM Punk, but it was by count-out meaning Punk retained. A furious Henry gave Punk the World's Strongest Slam on the outside. Johnny Ace came out post-match and announced "dark clouds" on Punk's horizon and a "natural disaster".

- Jericho came out and promised to lead Punk down the lonely road to alcoholism, and poured Jack Daniels all over his face, then smashed another bottle over his head (the bottle broke in Jericho's hand but shush)

- Sheamus came out and the crowd mic was muted due to boos (I don't think anyone dislikes Sheamus), then Del Rio immediately arrived and the crowd began chanting,"SI! SI! SI! SI!"

- The crowd refused to follow the Sheamus/Del Rio promo, chanting for Bryan constantly. When Del Rio's mic cut out, he turned to get a new one and turned back into a Brogue Kick.

- Daniel Bryan was interviewed backstage but just glared at the interviewer

- Kofi defeated Cody when Big Show came out and distracted Cody with an embarassing video of Cody's defeat at Mania

- Abraham Washington wants to manage Mark Henry

- Eve came out and said her Wrestlemania moment was successfully manipulating Zack Ryder and humiliating him, talking up Johnny Ace as a man of power

- The Miz defeated Zack Ryder

- Cena came out for his promo and said he never considered losing in the entire year-long buildup to Mania, because the moment you do that you have already lost. The crowd chanted,"You're a loser!"

- Cena asked if now was the time to snap at the WWE Universe, the crowd chanted,"YES! YES! YES!" at him. He said he wouldn't, a man stands up and admits the truth, and he got beaten at Mania by the Rock.

- Cena said he wasn't calling out the Rock because that was settled. Crowd chanted,"WE WANT LESNAR!"

- Cena started chanting Yes yes yes! too, and namedropped Daniel Bryan

- BUH-ROCK LESSSSNNNAAAARRRRRR!!!!

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:13 pm 

show pretty good today

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns today to talk the traditional biggest WWE TV show of the year, the post-WrestleMania Raw! TONS to discuss including the epic return of Brock Lesnar, the planned main event for next year's WrestleMania, all the segments in detail including thoughts on the crowd and the future of Daniel Bryan, latest on Randy Orton, the Hall of Fame, Friday Night Ratings War, and more.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zh11m

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 pm 

The return of Brock doesn't do much for me. I'll always think of him balled up after getting dropped by Overeem. He is a phony. All he wants is an easy check. To say you want to be around your family and then take this gig, WYC. He should be 'roided up by May.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
schmitty1121 wrote:
He should be 'roided up by May.

Hope so...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Just finished watching this and I thought it was a highly entertaining show. The crowd was amazing :lol:

Quick thoughts:
- Rock promo was good but I took it to mean he was going to stick around some more and go after WWE title aka Punk.
- The Funkasaurus headbutt to Ziggler was pure gold! :lol:
- Tensai gimmick is weird and not really understanding it. The first thing I thought when I saw it was Glacier 2012
- Punk/Henry match was outstanding - can't think of a better free TV match of the year. I hope giving title matches 12-15 minutes on RAW/SmackDown becomes a regular thing.
- Surprised at the continuation of Jericho/Punk after Rock's promo and Jericho on Twitter congratulating Punk saying better man won. Took that to mean he was brought in for Mania and thats it. Mixed messages :?
-Del Rio being back is awesome. Sheamus not as over as they thought? Or just being Miami anyone would have been shit on with ADR in the ring also? The YES and Daniel Bryan chants were awesome. Man I hope they were listening and push him all the way.
- Someone on Creative hates Cody Rhodes. Alot.
- Abraham Washington? Ugh.
- Cena promo was entertaining because of the crowd - especially when they were chanting You Suck at that gangly moron MGK. Who the hell is he anyway???
- My DVR cut off after Brock came out but thanks to the power of Bob's Gifs (trademark pending) I was able to piece it together. He looks out of shape and they are paying alot of money for a part time worker and I think its a waste. Especially because you know he isn't going to job and put guys over. I hope I am wrong.

Overall I really enjoyed it and hope they can continue the momentum!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
It'll be interesting to see how Brock's physique may change in the coming months. He's obviously not as gassed as he used to be, but I'd like to see if Brock would actually get suspended for a wellness violation. There was virtually no testing going on during Brock's previous WWE run.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 am 

Homeboy has a long as way to go....he needs some AAS and quick! You know what I'm sayin'?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'm just hoping they don't bring Sable back in as a favor to him.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 am 

Hopefully she's happy to stay up in Minnesota and be a mom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5