It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie

----------------

Due to outrage from the real Marines, WWE has pulled Randy Orton as the star of the third "Marine" movie.

The WWE admitted to tmz.com that the company made poor judgment and apologized to the marines for casting Orton, who deserted the marines twice and served 38 days in military prison before he was signed by WWE.

----

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=68786

Why do you hate Kujoe7?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm 

Kujoe is a fine man.

I found the image and determined it would work great as the first post in a thread regarding wwe discussion. So i started a new thread :roll:

Probably works better until the next Raw or Smackdown rather than the next ppv though I can't decide yet.

---

could be the makings of something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZcwPGLqQ9I

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
When do these tag team champions ever get on tv? I have never seen them nor do I have any idea who they are?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
When do these tag team champions ever get on tv? I have never seen them nor do I have any idea who they are?

They're Rikishi's sons and are actually pretty good. They're usually on superstars which isn't on tv anymore, but its on wwe.com.

There's a bunch of matches here:

http://search.wwe.com/search/video/usos/page-1/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

They're Rikishi's sons and are actually pretty good. They're usually on superstars which isn't on tv anymore, but its on wwe.com.

There's a bunch of matches here:

http://search.wwe.com/search/video/usos/page-1/

Wow, thats a trip. The tag team champs are relegated to the website :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 pm 

:lol: Actually now that I've looked at the picture, that's not the usos. That's Primo and Epico Colon. Carlito's brothers.

same applies though, mostly .com and sometimes smackdown.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
So they're like the wrestlers that you would see on Saturday mornings?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:19 pm 

spmack wrote:
So they're like the wrestlers that you would see on Saturday mornings?

yeah, pretty much. i think most of the problem is they rarely have tag team matches (except for the Teddy Long impromptu matches on Sdown, but those never involved Colons or Usos)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 pm 

-- Brock showed up at the building last night seconds before he had to go through the curtain.

--As noted on the front page, Randy Orton was dropped from the upcoming Marine sequel after complaints from the military over the fact that he went AWOL in his teens and was dishonorably discharged. WWE claimed they were completely unaware of this. Never mind the fact that it's been part of storylines and discussed many times on WWE DVDs.

-- From talking to those backstage, Daniel Bryan was the most popular wrestler overall in the building, beating even Brock and Rock.

-- Daniel Bryan gave a speech after the six-man dark match last night (where he dropped the fall to Sheamus, who was hated), saying Sunday was the worst night of his life, but thanks to all the YES chants he was probably getting a new t-shirt out of it. He told fans to buy it and then went YES YES YES! and they all went nuts. There were YES chants all weekend, tons of them at ROH and DGUSA, and also randomly at non-wrestling functions, similar to how people used to just randomly go WHOOO!

-- The Vince Russo Youshoot will air live on iPPV through the World Wrestling Network (WWNLive.com, same place that does the DGUSA shows) on June 1st at 8 PM.

-- Not sure how long it will be up, but Epico is having a Twitter meltdown herecomplaining about the tag titles not being on the main WrestleMania show but they had enough time for a concert.
https://twitter.com/#!/Wweepico

--WWE Hall of Famer Chief Jay Strongbow (Joe Scarpa) died Tuesday morning, according to WWE announcer Jim Ross. Strongbow was 83. Ross tweeted Tuesday afternoon, "Sad to hear of the passing this morning of WWE HOF'er Chief Jay Strongbow, a beloved member of WWE family. RIP Chief."

--During WrestleMania Weekend, former Miss USA/Tough Enough contestant Rima Fakih told international media that she will be part of WWE going forward after finishing her run as Miss USA. International publication Celebrity Flash quoted Rima: "I have passed on the crown of Miss USA and am now totally sure which course to take on WWE. You are the first to respond to me, but I can now tell you that I will definitely be part of WWE."

--During Monday's Raw episode, a local WWE commercial aired for the next three-hour Raw episode on April 23 from Detroit. The suggested theme was "a special extreme three hours" one week before the Extreme Rules PPV on April 29. The advertised dark match is C.M. Punk & John Cena vs. Chris Jericho & Kane, which is also listed on the Joe Louis Arena website.

--Former WWE star Dave Bautista placed second in the relay division at the Nautica South Beach Triathlon Sunday in Miami. The event, which featured over 3,000 people racing on Miami Beach, raised over $400,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Bautista, whose presence in Miami fueled speculation on a potential WWE return with WrestleMania in Miami, registered a time of 01:52:50. It was second to actor James Marsden, who finished at 1:43:17. (photo)

pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_59937.shtml

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Kujoe is a fine man.

I found the image and determined it would work great as the first post in a thread regarding wwe discussion. So i started a new thread :roll:

Punchsport Pagoda, formerly Wrestlehut 2000 is one of the better forums on the Internet. They have that image updated every week for the weekly thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Kujoe is a fine man.

Punchsport Pagoda, formerly Wrestlehut 2000 is one of the better forums on the Internet. They have that image updated every week for the weekly thread.

Exactly, definitely one of the best I've come across. A good portion of the gifs come from that place.

Too bad its a pay site, but I guess $10 for a lifetime isn't too bad. Pretty fair, but I'm still not paying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I've got 10 bux worth of entertainment out of the place, god knows I've spent $10 on dumber things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Yes chants at tonight's Heat game :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 pm 

--There was a really strange Ric Flair interview today on Charlotte sports talk. He claimed his match with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 24 was his last match. He said Vince McMahon was the best marketer alive. He noted he's wearing both of his Hall of Fame rings. Ric does love those rings, that's a shoot. He said pro wrestling is The Rock's home, and Hollywood is his superficial home. I wish I had a superficial home where I was making $30 million. He said he loved Brock Lesnar returning to wrestling and hopes his health holds up. He was unaware about Jay Strongbow's death and said that he hadn't seen him in ten years.

--Fit Finlay makes his ROH debut on 5/12 in Toronto.

--Maven Huffman, a former WWE wrestler best known for winning the first season of Tough Enough, was arrested earlier this week on going to multiple doctors to fill prescriptions for the same ailment. Huffman is accused of going to three different doctors, getting three different prescriptions to Oxycodone and Hydrocodone, going to different pharmacies to fill them to avoid suspicion, and coming out with about 1,000 ills. He was released on $2,000 bond and is facing up to five years in prison.

--The Miz will be hosting "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes" reunion on MTV tonight at 10 p.m.(wed)

--Eric Young will be hosting a TV series called "Fish America" on Animal Planet. Young is billed as an avid outdoorsman as well as pro wrestler and will go around the country fishing and doing comedy.

^hmmmmm. gonna have to see this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Wait - I thought WWE hired Finlay back as an agent? Hmmm... no more FCW and one of their best trainers/agents goes to ROH? Rumor time!! WWE buys ROH but lets them operate independently to be their developmental league. That would be awesome.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:15 pm 

^ That would be awesome, but I suppose they'd ruin it. Didn't catch that on Finley, good point. Hopefully its at least a good sign.

--Brock Lesnar is now being advertised to appear on the Extreme Rules PPV show in Chicago on 4/29.

--Daniel Bryan on twitter said that the new "Yes, Yes, Yes" T-shirt is being released and could be as early as this coming week.

--Today is the 30 year anniversary of the very first Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman match on April 5, 1982, at the Mid South Coliseum in Memphis. While nobody outside of the Memphis metro area knew about the match beforehand, by the end of the week, it was easily the most famous pro wrestling match of its era. Scott Bowden looks back at http://kentuckyfriedwrestling.com/thewo ... il-5-1982/

While it was an angle, and they built storylines that lasted more than a year off it, including Kaufman costing Lawler the AWA title in a match with Nick Bockwinkel (one of the most brilliant angles of that time), I remember that there was at least one major promoter afterwards who sent Lawler a thank you to him for the way he protected the business by injuring Kaufman.

--The autobiography of Jim Duggan is now out, ghost written by Scott Williams of the Observer staff. Duggan looks at his high school and college sports days, a state champion in wrestling and a starter at SMU in football, playing in the NFL and CFL, breaking into wrestling in Dallas through Fritz Von Erich, becoming a star in Mid South and his WWF run, plus his incident with the Iron Sheik that nearly ended his WWF career is talked about in detail.

--Paul "Butcher" Vachon, the brother of Mad Dog and Vivian, and stepfather of Luna, has his autobiography called "Wrestling with the Past: Life in and out of the ring" that was released today. Vachon looks at his career from the 50s, working all over the world, booking and being part owner of Grand Prix Wrestling, talks about the death of Luna, his role in the stardom of Andre the Giant, the McMahons and more. Vachon will be bringing his book to the Cauliflower Alley Club for copies on 4/16 to 4/18 as well as the Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, NY on 5/18 and 5/19.

--The WWE's new ECW DVD called ECW Unreleased Volume 1 has:
Shane Douglas vs. Too Cold Scorpio 8/27/94
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven 4/15/95
Dean Malenko & Too Cold Scorpio vs. Taz & Eddy Guerrero 7/15/95
Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack 2/17/96
RVD & Sabu vs. Eliminators in a tables and ladders match for the tag titles 2/22/97
Sabu vs. Taz 4/13/97 in the main event of the company's first PPV show, Barely Legal
Shane Douglas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow 11/30/97
Sabu & RVD vs. Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki 8/2/98
RVD vs. Jerry Lynn 8/15/98
Shane Douglas vs. Taz 1/10/99
Lance Storm & Justin Credible vs. RVD & Jerry Lynn 7/18/99
Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka 11/7/99
Tommy Dreamer vs. Taz 4/22/00
Tommy Dreamer vs. Justin Credible 4/22/00
Rhino vs. Sandman 7/16/00
Rhino vs. Spike Dudley 12/3/00
Yoshihiro Tajiri & Mikey Whipwreck vs. Kid Kash & Super Crazy vs. FBI 1/7/01
plus one of the Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis matches

Blue Ray Extras are the Shane Douglas vs. Terry Funk vs. Sabu Night the Line Was Crossed match and a 1994 Tommy Dreamer vs. Jimmy Snuka match

--There is a new Bloodstained Memories 2 DVD coming that includes D-Lo Brown, Rollerball Mark Rocco (original Black Tiger in Japan), Abyss, Tammy Sytch, Nora Greenwald, Al Snow, Dawn Marie, Tito Santana and Terry Funk that is expected to be released in June.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bob Loblaw wrote:
--Daniel Bryan on twitter said that the new "Yes, Yes, Yes" T-shirt is being released and could be as early as this coming week.

Do they turn him face again? You just know all these other crowds can't wait to show everyone how "smart" they are...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:33 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

Do they turn him face again? You just know all these other crowds can't wait to show everyone how "smart" they are...

That's what I'm worried about. I also have a feeling that Trips and Vince don't think he's over, but that he's being mocked. This is going to be the best or worst thing that has ever happened for him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 pm 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
That's what I'm worried about. I also have a feeling that Trips and Vince don't think he's over, but that he's being mocked. This is going to be the best or worst thing that has ever happened for him.

But is he really over or is this a Ryder situation again?

As soon as they gave him some shine....things went bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

But is he really over or is this a Ryder situation again?

As soon as they gave him some shine....things went bad.

He's over with the "smart" fans.

Which usually doesn't lead to good things in the E.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
I haven't watched wrestling in awhile but Sheamus sucks right? Just the look of his pasty James Hetfield mixed with an albino ass out there makes me sad.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm 

I predict that I and many others are going to grow tired of the Yes Yes Yes thing in the not so distant future...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm 

It's going to be the new "What?".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
It's going to be the new "What?".

Please God no. That was one of the bigger factors why I stopped watching wrestling back in the day. It started with Austin, and the crowd started doing it with everybody. Lame...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I don't think Yes can ever ruin promos as badly as What did just based on how the two are chanted. Plus, the Yes chants actually express enthusiasm for what is transpiring and can be applied in matches, whereas ruining promos regardless of who was pausing seemed to be the only use of What.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Krazy Ivan wrote:
I predict that I and many others are going to grow tired of the Yes Yes Yes thing in the not so distant future...

I completely agree. It was, and still is awesome. But I remember thinking the next day how I'll be bitching about it in two weeks on this very board.

I don't see this being a similar situation to Ryder, as Danielson can actually work. Not only can he work, but he might be the best worker on the roster. If he's over as a character, and can give five star matches............no you're right. Recipe for burying.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
He does not fit the mold for what Vince wants as his top guy.I am just surprised that him and Punk have lasted as long as they have on top.

Big Question as they are haveing WM 29 in New York.Where do they do 30? I am thinking Dallas,fitting no? I also think they are taking a huge risk having WM outdoors in New York.

Right now I can only see three guys beating Taker and ending the streak.Zigler,Swagger or Rhodes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
None of those guys would ever beat Taker at Mania and end the Streak.

Ever.

Cena would be the only one Vince/Hunter would let do that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Right now I can only see three guys beating Taker and ending the streak.Zigler,Swagger or Rhodes.

You are on crack.

No one is beating Taker at Mania.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.