It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
What are they going to do with that Lord Tensai thing? I like the idea but not the execution of the idea. I think they need to have some mystery and intrigue with the character which is this opposite of having him be Albert.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Chas yet one more time proves that he has no clue about wrestling. If HHH is willing to lose 3 times to Taker at Wrestlemania, there is no way YOU FUCKING MORON he is going to let Jack Swagger beat Undertaker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
RFDC wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Right now I can only see three guys beating Taker and ending the streak.Zigler,Swagger or Rhodes.

You are on crack.

No one is beating Taker at Mania.

I am not saying it will happen or anything like that.I am looking at the long term health of the company. Those are the three guys who could benefit most from it and except maybe for Swagger seem like a real possibility..
It is just something I was thinking about.If Orton was a heel and still doing that Legend Killer thing then him but oh well, just my thoughts. I may be wrong but it is just something I thought about.
And Fuck off Chris.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
My best guess is that next year will be the last for Taker. I think this should have been his last. Here's how I would do it.

Taker comes out around Royal Rumble, and says he wants one more challenge. The guy HE chooses should be on a monster heel run. Not a Lord Tensai type, but one of the guys Chas mentioned. He says he picked ______________ because he's been through 20 wins, and he "ended" HBK and HHH. Have one final epic match, with Taker going over. Taker props the guy up, who instantly turned into a huge face during the match. After that, the face is outside the ring saluting Taker, while he poses one final time. JR is on the call, saying "Can you believe, at 21-0, Taker let _______________ take this spotlight. Streak never ends, you just made a new top face.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 pm 

The only guy that I could have seen beating The Undertaker the last 5-6 years was Randy Orton when he was doing his Legend Killer gimmick. Now I really can't see anyone beating him and no one ever will at Wrestlemania. I will say the first match with HBK is something that I could watch every single day of the year and not get bored of. Now its just about the story they tell in the match and not about if this guy or that guy can beat him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
The only guy that I could have seen beating The Undertaker the last 5-6 years was Randy Orton when he was doing his Legend Killer gimmick. Now I really can't see anyone beating him and no one ever will at Wrestlemania. I will say the first match with HBK is something that I could watch every single day of the year and not get bored of. Now its just about the story they tell in the match and not about if this guy or that guy can beat him.

I'm not saying anyone beats him. Not necessary, if it's done right. Honestly, I think people would shit on the person that beat him at this point.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Drop In wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I'm not saying anyone beats him. Not necessary, if it's done right. Honestly, I think people would shit on the person that beat him at this point.

Bibgo.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

No I know. It makes no sense to have anyone beat him now. Taker deserves to retire with that record. Storyline like that makes sense though. Have a guy just beat the shit out HHH and HBK and have Taker challenge him at WM. I smell money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:10 pm 

I know just who to do it................

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiileent Raaage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm 

Drop In wrote:
I know just who to do it................

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiileent Raaage

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Brilliant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
:lol: :lol: :lol: Silent Rage

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
What are they going to do with that Lord Tensai thing? I like the idea but not the execution of the idea. I think they need to have some mystery and intrigue with the character which is this opposite of having him be Albert.

I heard he's gonna be a hired gun brought back from Japan by Johnny to take out Punk.

Taker is never losing at Mania. He should have lost to Randall years ago to avoid painting themselves into the corner like they did.

I'm very worried the Yes chant is here forever and it's also going to spawn a "No" chant, a dueling yes-no chant, etc.

----

Lesnar update

Brock Lesnar is scheduled for three more shows this month:

Raw on Monday in Washington, DC

Raw on 4/23 in Detroit

The Extreme Rules PPV on 4/29 in Chicago

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Lesnar update

Brock Lesnar is scheduled for three more shows this month:

Raw on Monday in Washington, DC

Raw on 4/23 in Detroit

The Extreme Rules PPV on 4/29 in Chicago

I heard that is the way it will be for a while, too. His contract requires three appearances in a month. One of those will be a PPV most likely and he won;t be doing too many (if any) house shows.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Drop In wrote:
Not only can he work, but he might be the best worker on the roster.

This guy disagrees...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 am 

A Special Attraction Handicap Tag Match has been added to the next CSFMBWA PPV.

Krazy Ivan
"Little Naitch" Charles Robinson
Dolph Ziggler

v

Drop In
Daniel Bryan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm 

-- Here you go: The new Daniel Bryan YES! YES! YES! t-shirt.
http://www.wweshop.com/item/daniel-brya ... h/01-16384

-- Warrior announced that he'd torn his biceps training and may have to have it reattached.

-- CM Punk will be at the Chicago Comic Con this August.

-- Scott Steiner going nuts on Twitter about TNA here. twitter.com/#!/ScottSteiner

-- Hogan's response: Wow do I feel like a fool!I knew Steiner came to TNA the last tapings then was asked to leave,I heard the news and I was lobbying hard to Bring him back the right way because I see money and talent in him,I had no idea he felt that way about me because he is always really nice To me and my family,guess I was really wrong,at least I know who he really is now. HH

-- Smackdown tonight has
Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match where if Alberto wins he gets a shot at the belt,
Randy Orton vs. Kane in a no-DQ Even Steven Mania Rematch (which, unsurprisingly, is said to be much better than the Mania match),
Damien Sandow debuts (former Aaron "The Idol" Stevens, who we are told is one of the most complete wrestlers down in developmental right now),
Mark Henry & David Otunga vs. Truth in a handicap match,
the return of Ryback,
Beth Phoenix vs. Nikki Bella,
and Big Show vs. Heath Slater.

On this date in WWF history: Kane lights his parents' graves on fire to punish the Undertaker
cagesideseats.com/2012/4/6/2928471/wwf-wwe-kane-undertaker-raw-parents-grave-tombstone-video-paul-bearer

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm 

Here's today's Observer

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/2012-04-09-wrest ... newsletter

Apr 9 Observer Newsletter: Enormous annual WRESTLEMANIA ISSUE, full details of all the shows this weekend, business breakdowns, history, backstage notes, Lesnar, Overeem failure, Jay Strongbow, so much more

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:08 pm 

Maven Arrested
Wednesday April 4, 2012

Tough Enough Season 1 Winner Maven Huffman was arrested on Monday in St. Petersburg, Florida, for "Doctor Shopping". TMZ.com is reporting that Maven is being accused of going to three doctors in a two week period and then using multiple pharmacies to fill prescriptions for Oxycodone and Hydrocodone. Police allege that he got more than 1,000 pills. He was released on a $2,000 bond and could face up to five years in prison.

Maven's issues with pain pills were evident during his tenure on the Surreal Life. During one of the episodes, licensed therapist Florence Henderson discussed her concerns about Maven's methods of coping with pain. Sadly, it appears that he didn't take her advice.

-----

--Matches on the newly released Edge DVD
Adam Impact (Edge) vs. Christian Cage 1995 indie match
Edge & Christian vs. Hardys vs. Test & Albert vs. Too Cool 6/25/00
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero 9/26/02
Edge vs. Randy Orton 7/19/04
Edge vs. Matt Hardy ladder match 10/3/05
Edge vs. John Cena TLC match 9/17/06
Edge vs. Shawn Michaels street fight 1/22/07
Edge vs. Undertaker 3/30/08 WrestleMania
Edge vs. Christian 5/17/10
Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio TLC mach 12/19/10
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett Elimination Chamber 2/20/11
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio 4/3/01 Edge's last singles match at WrestleMania

Tna Lockdown on big screen listings:

http://www.screenvision.com/cinema-even ... -lockdown/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:11 pm 

--There is something to watch. Brianna & Nicole Garcia, the Bella Twins in WWE, are doing an autograph show on 5/19 at Frank & Sons in the City of Industry, CA. They are being advertised as "Brianna and Nichole, formerly The Bella Twins in WWE." We also got word of a convention in New Jersey that has them booked although is not advertising it yet, and WWE talent is not allowed at their events. If they are not on television tonight, I'd read something into this. Given Nikki Bella just beat Beth Phoenix in a non-title match at Smackdown, it wouldn't seem that they would be quitting or being let go today. There were rumors over the weekend that WWE had made some cuts but they wouldn't be announced until everything was finalized and everyone was contacted. WWE did not confirm anything regarding the Twins.

--C.M. Punk was on the morning show on TV in Washington, DC, promoting tonight's show. When Steve Austin was brought up and him challenging Austin was talked about, he said he was above challenging Austin and that he's the champion and Austin is retired, so Austin should be challenging him. He was clearly working while saying that. He did say that Rock had proved him wrong about his return and that he has a wait-and-see attitude on Brock Lesnar, saying that he already walked out once because he couldn't handle the pressure of being world champion. That's isn't why he walked out, but Punk could be angling for a potential match there as well, and quite frankly, Lesnar should be viewed as a wait-and-see given his track record.

--Smackdown did 2.72 million viewers on Friday, well below the pre-Mania numbers so no boost at all from Monday's Lesnar intrigue. Ultimate Fighter did 947,000 viewers, the lowest number for a first-run episode in the history of the show.

--Randy Orton retweeted something a fan sent in saying "Everyone knows about Randy Orton past, so you offer him the movie part and then decide to drop him?" Unlike others, Orton is pretty much immune for the usual backlash when you say something on twitter that the company isn't happy with.

--AAA booker Konnan and former WWE writer and MLW promoter Court Bauer are back on Radio MLW for free at http://www.MLW.com and SticherRadio.com They tell a story about Shawn Michaels not liking to lose.

Smackdown will be live on Syfy tomorrow night at 8 p.m. from Hampton, VA. Appearing on the show will be the cast from Legends House, including Roddy Piper, Gene Okerlund, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas, Howard Finkel and Pat Patterson, as well as Dusty Rhodes, Mick Foley and Sgt. Slaughter.

The WWE's annual post-Mania European tour will start on Thursday and continue until the 21st, with both Raw and Smackdown next week being taped shows from London.

--Colt Cabana beat Adam Pearce last night in Glendale, CA, to become the NWA heavyweight champion. The match was taped for NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. It is Cabana's second time with the title.

-----------------

Honky Tonk Man Talks Not Dropping The Title To Savage, Heat With Bischoff, Turning Down HOF & More
wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0408/551583/honky-tonk-man/

Former WWE Intercontinental Champion The Honky Tonk Man recently spoke
with Raj Giri of WrestlingINC.com about working with WWF in the 1980s,
how he won the Intercontinental title, his feuds with Randy Savage and
The Ultimate Warrior, problems with the business today, scripted
promos, his problems with Eric Bischoff and much more. Here are some
highlights from the interview:

How he won the Intercontinental title: "I just
happened to walk by while they were standing in the hallway and Hogan
looked and said, 'What about him?' That's how it happened because
Butch was going AWOL or M.I.A. -- which happens some times. Of course,
it was like Jake (Roberts). Jake was missing in action about half the
time he was there.

"I just happened to walk by and they said, 'What about him,' and I
said, 'OK.' Vince pulled me aside and told me what he wanted to do.
(Ricky) Steamboat was leaving and, you know -- after all these years,
Steamboat gets a job as an agent, making all this money. I'm sitting
home doing nothing and he was the one that got the belt from Savage
and up and quit the company. Saying, 'I want to go home and spend time
with my wife and children.'

"Of course, if you have a championship belt, you don't go home and
spend time with your wife and children. You have to be on the road and
[Vince] said, 'This guy wants to go and do this and I got to have the
belt in a town.' I said, 'Listen, if you give me that belt, I don't
want a day off.' And I ran with that belt for 64 weeks."

Refusing to drop the title to Randy Savage: "It
wasn't really about dropping the title. I was talking to my friend,
"Rock N' Roll" Buck Zumhofe from the old AWA days, who I was on tour
with all this past week up in Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. It
wasn't the fact of losing the belt or anything of that nature.

"I had a deal with WWE and Vince, a handshake deal. There were no
contracts back then. 'I'll do anything you want if you give me an
opportunity. If I do good, pay me. If I don't do good, I'll pack my
bags and move down the highway.' All I said was, 'Treat me good on TV.
Take care of me on television.' Back in the old days, us old guys
always believed that if they destroy you on television, you're pretty
much destroyed.

"So, when they mentioned the destruction of the Honky Tonk Man on
television and going with 'Macho Man' -- you know, in reality, if
'Macho Man' was still around today and with us at a roundtable. It did
his career better than mine because he became world champion as
opposed to being the Intercontinental champion again. For that reason,
Ted DiBiase -- who still has a little animosity towards me though not
a lot -- Ted never got to be world champion because Ted was going to
be world champion.

"This particular television show had 35 million people watching. That
particular Main Event had 35 million people. You got to remember;
Turner had a lot of money and Turner was trying to make a run at
Vince. I said, 'No. I'm not going to do this on television. You want
to do it, I'll do it anywhere else. I'm not doing it in front of 35
million people.'

"I had to protect my business, too. My business, of course, was the
Honky Tonk Man because I could have taken it to Turner. I did make a
call to Turner and they said, 'Absolutely not. Do not do that on
television if you want to come down here with us.' We had a meeting
set and down and then I ended up staying with WWE which was probably
not the best move of my life because, after that, they never trusted
me again.

Dropping the title to The Ultimate Warrior: "They had
him in the plans after the Savage thing. Because Hogan wanted to go to
Hollywood and he wanted to make movies and he was leaving the company,
they needed someone. Vince was always into these big bodybuilders. He
loved that no matter where they could work or not. It didn't matter.
He just cared that they had these great bodies and that's what he
wanted.

"Warrior fit the mold and at that point, Vince decided he wanted to go
that direction. The Intercontinental belt was such a hot item that it
was a stepping stone to the big belt. For him to get the
Intercontinental championship for me and keep it for six months or
eight months, then move up to the next level made him bigger and
better than he would have ever been... It was a catapult to the next
level and I didn't have a problem with it when it was done that way.
It was done and everybody was professional about it. We knew about it
six months ahead of time what was going to happen. We planned for it
and it was laid out the proper way. I didn't have any problem with
that.

"I was kind of ambushed on the Randy thing. I was at a point in my
life where things were going so good and we were doing so well, Randy
and I, selling out every arena -- I just couldn't understand why you
would just want to destroy this whole thing. Then, make him the
Intercontinental champion (again) which probably would not have helped
him very much at all. Him chasing me was what was selling tickets. If
there were no return matches for me even in the mix -- it was like
that old TV show, The Six Million Dollar Man 'We can rebuild him.' No.
You can't rebuild something you've destroyed.

"That was my old timer's thinking. Now, they bring these kids in and
one day they got one name and the next day, they've got another. One
day they've got blond hair, the next day, they've got brown hair."

Honky Tonk Man also revealed his final words to Eric Bischoff that
still has his upset to this day, turning down the Hall of Fame, why
WWE had to bring the Rock back and much more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Holy shit? They finally got rid of the Bellas.I thought it would never happen as they where used in backstage stuff a lot and in escorting the RAW hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Gotta love that blowhard Honky Tonk Man. Still massaging the truth. While Hogan is probably THE biggest politician and self-mark in the history of the business, Honky isn't far behind:

Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Steamboat was leaving and, you know -- after all these years,
Steamboat gets a job as an agent, making all this money. I'm sitting
home doing nothing and he was the one that got the belt from Savage
and up and quit the company. Saying, "I want to go home and spend time
with my wife and children."

"Of course, if you have a championship belt, you don't go home and
spend time with your wife and children. You have to be on the road and
[Vince] said, "This guy wants to go and do this and I got to have the
belt in a town." I said, "Listen, if you give me that belt, I don't
want a day off." And I ran with that belt for 64 weeks.

:roll: Nice way to try to paint Steamboat as a douche. Steamboat never quit the company. As the story goes, he asked for two weeks off to spend with his wife, who gave birth to their son. Vince didn't like that idea so he put Honky over Steamboat and sent Steamboat home for three months. This is from Steamboat's own mouth and I think I trust Steamboat's side of the story more than a coked out alkie like Honky.

All this, because he's jealous that Steamboat (the greatest in-ring performer of all time) is currently a road agent and not him. That guy's a petty, childish idiot.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm 

On Steamboat, wasn't his wife a Control Freak or something, I remember reading one of Flair's books and it didn't paint Steamboat's wife in a good light.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm 

reents wrote:
On Steamboat, wasn't his wife a Control Freak or something, I remember reading one of Flair's books and it didn't paint Steamboat's wife in a good light.

Wouldn't surprise me. She actually sued for, and gained, the rights to his wrestling name in their divorce.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
reents wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me. She actually sued for, and gained, the rights to his wrestling name in their divorce.

Yes. She was also another one that decided she should be part of the show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm 

I never could quite figure out why she'd walk out with Ricky and the kid in her Miss America dresses parading the kid around for absolutely no particular reason whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 pm 

Ricky's version of the story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Z4rN0P ... plpp_video

1:06:40

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 pm 

The Great Ruse: The comedic genius who rocked wrestling

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/07/us/kaufma ... =allsearch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 am 

Bella Twins' contract expires April 30 and is not being renewed.

----------------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ko27st

Apr 10 Observer Radio: BROCK PUNCHES CENA, full Raw report, Stooges, Extreme Rules, live Smackdown, Overeem and Cyborg drug issues updates, terrible MMA ratings, Punk on Rock, biggest ROH match of the year signed, Miz not getting over, tons more

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns today to talk all the news in wrestling and MMA including the return of Brock Lesnar to Raw, his upcoming match with John Cena, BLOOD AND VIOLENCE, the Three Stooges, and more from our weekly Raw report. Plus, latest on Cris Cyborg's drug suspension, Alistair Overeem, terrible MMA ratings on Friday night, update on the Bella Twins, Punk talks the Rock, Miz not getting over, the live Smackdown Tuesday night, big ROH match signed, your questions and more! A packed show so check it out~!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 am 

Scott Hall arrested again for something

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... um=twitter

------

From WWEDVDNews.com:
"It is the most impressive feat in the history of Sports Entertainment, and one that may never be duplicated. Twenty times Undertaker has stepped in the ring at the Showcase of the Immortals, WrestleMania, and 20 times he’s had his hand raised in victory. Undertaker has faced some of the biggest names in WWE history, including Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Ric Flair, Edge, Kane, Batista, Randy Orton, and more, and always claimed their souls.

Now for the first time ever, every match in its entirety is collected in one release—Undertaker: The Streak. In addition to every match, the DVD also includes a never-before-seen documentary discussing the historic, unprecedented run."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 pm 

here's the new edge dvd. i can't upload anything else until this comes down so i'll probably take it down tomrw. you can always grab a plug-in and download it if you'd like. I haven't watched a second of it yet but i heard it's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mueybs9ZqG8