It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Smackdown SPOILERS 4/20

- Daniel Bryan came out to start the show. He was the most popular guy at the tapings, and the crowd was about 60/40 his way. He cut a promo saying he is a better wrestler than Sheamus and how Chicago is where it all began. He said he would beat Sheamus twice and prove once and for all that he is better.

A.J. interrupted and wanted one more chance at their relationship, but Bryan berated her and told her to go away. She said "no" while near tears at this point. Bryan said he wishes he never met her, that he never went out with her, and that she had never been born. Great heel promo from Bryan. Bryan left A.J. in tears in the ring.

(1) Natalya beat A.J. via DQ. A.J. sold shock at the bell, standing still and not moving. Natalya checked on her, then A.J. lashed out, not breaking upon the ref's instructions, so the ref called for a DQ. There was a small "A.J." chant afterwards.

- Damien Sandow spoke.

(2) Brodus Clay beat Hunico via pinfall. Brodus came out with Hornswoggle. After the match, which lasted one minute, Hornswoggle hit the tadpole splash.

Backstage, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young made fun of Teddy Long for not signing them. Laurinaitis then came in and put a guard's black furry hat on Teddy's head.

(3) Titus O'Neil & Darren Young beat The Usos via pinfall.

Randy Orton was shown backstage and vowed revenge on Kane.

(4) Alberto Del Rio beat IC champion Big Show via pinfall in a non-title match. Cody Rhodes hit the disaster kick after Ricardo Rodriguez's distraction, allowing Del Rio to cover for the win. Rhodes ran away afterward when confronted by Show.

Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) made his WWE TV debut shown backstage with Aksana, who flaunted Cesaro in front of Teddy. They all went into Long's office.

(5) Ryback beat a local jobber. Same as the last two weeks, though, this time the jobber played to the hometown crowd rather than try to antagonize the audience.

(6) World Hvt. champion Sheamus & IC champion Big Show & Randy Orton beat Mark Henry & Daniel Bryan & Cody Rhodes in a six-man tag match. Khali was due to be in the match, but got taken out by Rhodes beforehand. All the faces were beat down, and there were three hot tags. Finally, Show knocked out Rhodes at ringside, then Bryan cowered outside the ring, and Henry took all finishers for the loss. This was capped off by a massive ovation and the biggest cheer of the night.

Not much progressed on the show, but it was fun, helped by a typically hot London crowd.

Dark Match: Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) beat the U.K. Kid.

NXT SPOILERS 4/18

Home country favorite William Regal and Josh Mathews came out on commentary for NXT.

(1) Percy Watson beat Johnny Curtis (w/Maxine). Maxine came out to join commentary. There were a couple of "William Regal" and "We Want Regal" chants. Watson won via Fireman's Carry into Flapjack move. The crowd was into this one by the end.

Regal got on the mic at the end and invited Curtis over for commentary on the next match, featuring Maxine.

(2) Maxine beat Kaitlyn via Dragon Sleeper. At the end of the match, Regal called over both Maxine and Curtis. He said he knew both of them were in on kidnapping Matt Striker, and they would both have to sign a waiver agreeing to stick together until the end of NXT as punishment. He then handcuffed them as they signed the papers, with both of them unknowing as he cuffed them.

Hawkins and Reks were backstage freaking out that regal knew they were in on it, too. Chants of "We Want Smackdown" at this point. Curtis and maxine came by and they all blamed each other.

Striker was shown backstage rotating Hawkins's walking cane around.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young were backstage. Young lambasted O'Neil for screwing him over with Tamina. O'Neil then presented contracts for Smackdown from John Laurinaitis, and Young forgot all about Tamina.

Hawkins and Reks came out to the ring to protest their innocence, then Striker followed out and cut a passionate promo about Hawkins and Reks stopping him from feeding his kids. He swung the cane at both men, but Regal intervened, saying he had had enough. He then made Reks vs. Hawkins, loser gets fired. Striker convienently had a referees shirt on.

(3) Tyler Reks beat Curt Hawkins via roll-up after a decent back-and-forth match. After the match, Regal fired both of them.

Superstars SPOILERS 4/19

Next was the Smackdown portion of this week's Superstars taping.

(1) Jinder Mahal beat Yoshi Tatsu via submission with the Camel Clutch.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
What is the over/under for when AJ gets a boob job?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hopefully never.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Utterly hilarious editing on Bryan's entrance. Piped in boos + cuts to everyone in the crowd yessing their hearts out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
WCW-esque.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
ZephMarshack wrote:
Utterly hilarious editing on Bryan's entrance. Piped in boos + cuts to everyone in the crowd yessing their hearts out.

:lol: :lol:

If they still had two live shows, no way Bryan doesn't end up as an immediate face.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:56 pm 

Oh my. O'Neil and Young are still green as goose shit.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 pm 

I never thought I would type this but: I really wish Steph and HHH would come back to TV and take over the GM roles to get Johnny Ace off my TV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:33 pm 

Poor Teddy. :lol:

Chas, I find you tend to fall for what WWE wants you to think. Skateboard has become really good at this role.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 pm 

Drop In wrote:

Chas, I find you tend to fall for what WWE wants you to think. Skateboard has become really good at this role.

He is good but his total lack of ability is wearing thin. He has one job,work the mike and he can't even do that most nights.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Drop In wrote:

He is good but his total lack of ability is wearing thin. He has one job,work the mike and he can't even do that most nights.

I've started to find his CTE moments funny. They say the best characters are playing themselves. He's a stooge, and he does it well. I'm on the Skateboard bandwagon.

Oh, and his new entrance music is awesome. Seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm 

Drop I love his music,fits him perfect.
He just seems so lost and unimpressive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
why you spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm 

Firefox wrote:
why you spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Drop In wrote:
Firefox wrote:
why you spoiler!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and btw, Johnny Ace is incredible. He comes across as a bumbling goof because he is one, hence the funny.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.