All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UFC 145 Jones vs Evans
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
This Saturday

Venue: Philips Arena
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
•Champ Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans (for light-heavyweight title)
•Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
•Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub
•Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
•Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
•John Alessio vs. Mark Bocek

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
•Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
•Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
•John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
•Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook) •Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski
•Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 pm 

Hasn't been a PPV in a while, and this card isn't good. You really don't have a co-main event, and you have one fight of interest. I will say, they're promoting the hell out of Jones/Evans. They have a million different commercials featuring these 2. I'm guess they're doing this because they know the card is garbage. The countdown show was only 30 minutes, meaning they didn't have any other fights of interest. Can't wait for the May PPV, especially if Overeem somehow gets cleared to fight.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
I had zero enthusiasm for this until this morning. Now I'm giddy.

Some awesome Chael
http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/2 ... a-mma-news

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
I had zero enthusiasm for this until this morning. Now I'm giddy.

Some awesome Chael
http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/2 ... a-mma-news

:lol: Love Chael

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:44 am 

I hope Jones destroys Rashad. I am so sick of hearing Rashad whine about having to fight Jones when he was told it would never happen and that he feels like Greg Jackson has stabbed him in the back. Dude, you are a UFC fighter, get in the cage and fight. Stop whining like a bitch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 pm 

Link?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Jones wins by unamious decision.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 pm 

reents wrote:
Jones wins by unamious decision.

Curious to hear what some of the guys around here thought about the fight.

I did not watch it, but was following it on twitter while watching the Hawks game and it seemed that most were saying it was a pretty boring fight with lots of boos from the crowd.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Same with me, following on ESPN, didn't put much and did say the crowd was booing about the 4th or fifth round.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 am 

It was a boring fight, especially with the standard Jones has set. Evans had one nice head kick that really wobbled Jones, but that was it. Jones landed several nice elbows while standing. That was easily his most dangerous strike tonight. Dana announced Hendo will be next. I think Jones will knock him out. Hendo has been rocked a lot in recent fights, so I don't see it going past the 2nd.

Schaub gets knocked out again. He has looked awful his last 2 fights. Torres got knocked out as well. The highlight of the night was Rory and his sick GNP, this kid is a beast. I'm interested in seeing who they give him next. I would think possibly a top 10.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
My 2 cents on the fight. Evans was very nervous about standing with Jones but never really tried to take him down to the mat for some reason. Jones picked apart Evans on the feet to the point Jones didn't have a mark on his face after the fight. Jones had a few chances to try and finish the fight but I'm sure he didn't want to get caught by Evans right hand that has knocked out a few people in the past. I read a few people on twitter that were bitching that Jones didn't finish Evans, but you gotta remember Evans was what 22-1 beating some of the top names in the sport at 205 so it's not like he is some chump.

Dan Henderson is up next for Jon Jones and honestly I see that fight going pretty much the same way this fight did, if not worse(for Henderson). Henderson has big power in his hands but thows almost no kicks and never really tries to take people down. Jon will use his reach to attack the legs and use the 84 inch reach to paw at Henderson much like he did to Evans in this fight. It's scary how good Jon Jones is and the kid is only 24 years old.

I know Rashad Evans is trying to downplay Jones after the press conference saying he isn't up there with Anderson Silva yet, but I actually think quite the opposite. In just about 2 years Jones has beaten Vera,Matyushenko,Bader,Rua,Rampage,Machida,and now Evans. Chuck Liddell didn't face talent like that back when he had the belt. Jones is right now the best 205er there has ever been.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
I agree with schmitty and chris. You didn't miss much if you didn't see it. Agree with Hendo too. He's one my guys, but it sees like he's down to just relying on haymakers. It seemed like it was a major accomplishment just for Rashaad to land a strike, much less land a solid strike that did damage. I don't know what you do with JBJ, cover up and leg kick the piss out of him is the only i can think of. He just has such a reach and height advantage. It would be interesting to see him fight at Heavyweight

the gifs
http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/04/ufc-1 ... -teh-gifs/

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.