It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CM Punk
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Throws like a girl. Not impressive. Throws out first pitch and will be singing the 7th!

Post subject: Re: CM Punk
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
I enjoy watching most of his stuff but he is easily one of the worst athletes I have ever seen in my life. Easily.

I was embarrassed for him at the Hawks game. Quite a girly slap shot.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Pardon me as I get my 'kujoe' on ....

WWE filmed CM Punk at the Chicago Cubs/Atlanta Braves game in Chicago Tuesday night. Punk threw out the opening pitch and is singing during the seventh inning stretch. Lita, Colt Cabana and Cliff Compton joined Punk at the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 am 

Maybe at one point, but not really. It's totally different now in that all you need to be able to do at the end of the day is move merchandise. Since Hacksaw was brought up yesterday, take him for example. Here's his "athletic credentials"

Duggan grew up in Glens Falls, New York, where he became a star athlete in high school. His father was the Chief of Police for the City of Glens Falls.[6] Duggan was a letterman in football, track, wrestling, and basketball.[1] In wrestling, he won the New York State High School wrestling championship, unlimited weight class division - the first wrestler from Glens Falls to do so. Upon graduating from high school, he was recruited by Ohio State University, but would instead choose to play football at Southern Methodist University, where he was eventually voted team captain.[6] Duggan earned his bachelors degree in applied plant biology. After college, Duggan was signed by the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League, but was released after being plagued by knee injuries.[1]

He's obviously a much better athlete, but it doesn't really matter. Punk takes great pride in being the anti-jock as a kid and has said hundreds of times all he did was read comics and watch wrestling. Always the last kid picked in gym class, he' very proud of all that. When 90% of the guys on this board were out doing athletic stuff when we were kids, he wasn't. I'm not ripping him at all, it's just observational. My 8 year old daughter can legit throw a baseball better than Punk and until he can catch up, he can't steal the "Best in the World" label. Then again he's a 5 time world champ, so I guess he can do whatever he wants. I've heard JR say countless times that Billy Gunn is the best athlete ever and he kinda sucked. The best athletes who are currently in the company are the lowest guys on the roster, so apparently athleticism doesn't mean much in wwe.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of his toss this morning. I wanted to post a photo but couldn't
find one small enough to fit.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Not that bad....

http://youtu.be/7mty_d0wpCY

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
He shot put it over the plate.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
immessedup17 wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

:lol:

Yeah it is, that makes it look even worse. My youngest nephew throws better.

Made it all the way to the plate. That's a successful first pitch.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This kid has horrible mechanics.
He is an injury waiting to happen.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
This kid has horrible mechanics.
He is an injury waiting to happen.

:lol:

Maybe Wood can show him the towel drill.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 pm 

I already know he throws worse than my kid, let's see if he can throw better than Stacey Keibler ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7qKJdnIJEw

or how about the Miz (you owe it to yourself to check this one at least).
youtube.com/watch?v=eetjKKrxtmQ

youtube.com/watch?v=0Kv1WbCJZf8&feature=related

or David Otunga
youtube.com/watch?v=uSCxs8EfIDw

or LCW
youtube.com/watch?v=P6DLuXBxx1M&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL12F8E41F0D8AB9EB

and Cena
youtube.com/watch?v=GnOrStdA7jI&feature=related

dead horse is dead...and again for the record, I like CM Punk and I'm not making fun of him. I'm sure I've read more comics, watched more wrestling tapes and banged less Divas. Unfortunately he hated sports growing up and never developed the natural athleticism that all of us did by simply going outside and playing as kids. Try to imagine Punk with the ability of Austin Aries or Bryan Danielson. Then you'd have one of the bitw.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:42 pm 

I agree for the most part Bob.

I think his lack of athletic ability makes the fact that he got the pitch to home plate even more impressive.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I agree for the most part Bob.

I think his lack of athletic ability makes the fact that he got the pitch to home plate even more impressive.

And if he wasnt the unathletic comic book guy, he wouldnt be Punk. He'd just be another athelete.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm 

I agree with both for sure. He also threw from the mound so the raises the degree of difficulty too.

This is a Gabe and Sullivan video rebooking wwe if they bought tna but it has lots of side discussions. If you check out 39:00 - 49:00 they talk about Summer of Punk 2, SummerSlam, the Punk character, x-games, mma, the overall product, the audience, etc. Gabe makes tons of sense as usual.

39:00 - 49:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-UEtw3P1SQ

---

this would be piling on:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC770A4F776340C1C
botch comp

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:59 pm 

and for some Samoa Joe - Ninja discussion (1:47:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... SQ#t=6441s

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
A Heavyweight Champions and gets Lita, that would be the life.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Maybe at one point, but not really. It's totally different now in that all you need to be able to do at the end of the day is move merchandise. Since Hacksaw was brought up yesterday, take him for example. Here's his "athletic credentials"

Duggan grew up in Glens Falls, New York, where he became a star athlete in high school. His father was the Chief of Police for the City of Glens Falls.[6] Duggan was a letterman in football, track, wrestling, and basketball.[1] In wrestling, he won the New York State High School wrestling championship, unlimited weight class division - the first wrestler from Glens Falls to do so. Upon graduating from high school, he was recruited by Ohio State University, but would instead choose to play football at Southern Methodist University, where he was eventually voted team captain.[6] Duggan earned his bachelors degree in applied plant biology. After college, Duggan was signed by the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League, but was released after being plagued by knee injuries.[1]

He's obviously a much better athlete, but it doesn't really matter. Punk takes great pride in being the anti-jock as a kid and has said hundreds of times all he did was read comics and watch wrestling. Always the last kid picked in gym class, he' very proud of all that. When 90% of the guys on this board were out doing athletic stuff when we were kids, he wasn't. I'm not ripping him at all, it's just observational. My 8 year old daughter can legit throw a baseball better than Punk and until he can catch up, he can't steal the "Best in the World" label. Then again he's a 5 time world champ, so I guess he can do whatever he wants. I've heard JR say countless times that Billy Gunn is the best athlete ever and he kinda sucked. The best athletes who are currently in the company are the lowest guys on the roster, so apparently athleticism doesn't mean much in wwe.

basically this. ol boy magnet is a real motherfucker like don't let him meet your mother, grandmother, or tell him where great grandma is buried. ever seen that video of him on hot97 talking about chris brown? supremely intelligent. his twitter picture is him shooting an assault rifle.

and he's gonna get us ice cream bars. he's gonna resurrect wwf ice cream bars like he's jesus or something.... holy fuck yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-P1MLErW4

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:28 am 

reents wrote:
A Heavyweight Champions and gets Lita, that would be the life.

Why would getting the 33rd hottest Diva ever be "the life"

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:18 pm 

Lita is top 10.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
reents wrote:
Lita is top 10.

What? She is not that hot plus she hung around and slept with the Hardeys and Edge who knows what the fuck you might catch off her.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm 

Unrelated. Punk needs a new finisher. A quicker one. The GTS takes too long to set up.

The stunner was almost the perfect finisher because it was quick and it looked devestating.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:00 pm 

Punk is a sloppy wrestler. It's taken me this long to realize that.

A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels are so fluid. I wish they were in WWE.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:03 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Punk is a sloppy wrestler. It's taken me this long to realize that.

A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels are so fluid. I wish they were in WWE.

I think it was Bob who said if Punk had the ability of AJ or Daniels, he'd be one of the best ever.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm 

I like Lita a LOT when she's done up right and she is most of the time (and she can work circles around every diva ever practically), but if you've never seen a picture of her without make-up I'd do your best to keep it that way.

I agree 100% with his finisher.

A) you don't steal a "patented finisher". The GTS belongs to KENTA. This is like McCool stealing the Styles clash. KENTA and AJ are the only guys in the world who use those moves because they invented them.

THIS is the GTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_7YTbwTqc

B) If I've learned anything from being a geek and watching hundreds of shoot interviews, its that you always choose a finisher you can use on anyone. Any era, any territory, any country. Even Andre can be out with a sleeper. If Punk weighs less than 200 pounds, using a finisher that involves lifting guys over your head seems stupid on his part. If he needs to prove to Trips or his own ego that he's not a weakling, do moves that display your strength during the course of the match, don't screw yourself by making it your finisher. Think of all the great former champs and their finishers. Not many were lift moves. Hogan's leg drop, Flair's figure four, Sharpshooter, Sweet Chin Music, rko, Various DDT's, Spinning toe hold (Dory), The Claw, Frog Splash, Bonzai Drop, Sleepers, ADR's Arm Breaker, Stunner, Edge's Spear, Stinger Splash/deathlock, Diamond Cutter, Angle's Ankle lock, etc, etc. Not even Trips uses a power finisher (I consider it a driver). The overhead finishers that come to mind right away are the FU, Lex's Torture Rack and The Warrior. The 2 current strongest guys in the company don't use lift moves as finishers. Show punches a dude and Mark Henry just kinda falls on a guy. I don't think all of that is coincidence.

...and again I like CM Punk. Just my observations.

Also when I was 12 I invented a finisher that is awesome and no one has still really used it. There's certain things that anyone can do to anyone, the claw, arm bar, full nelson. My move was to put a Billy Jack Haynes full nelson on you, sweep out your legs and drive your forehead into the mat = the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz' is ok, but he does it really weak and sometimes while moving and he's usually shorter than the other guy so it doesn't work that well for him. Mine would be done with a variation each match. PPV's you can sit the guy on the top turnbuckle, get behind and do it from the top. You can go apron to floor, onto chairs, thru tables, thru flaming tables, onto guard rails, thru the stage, thru the roof of HIAC Mankind style, you can set a dude up for superplex and do it spinning style, thru the Spanish Announce Table. It's like the Diamond Cutter - millions of possibilities. I didn't know you should have a no-lift finisher, I just couldn't lift anybody over my head.

Two points: this move can be done by anyone to anyone and I came up with it when I was 12. If Punk is stealing patented finishers and then chooses probably the worst finisher in the world for someone his size to use, has the attitude he does, him calling himself BITW is kinda lame.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Unrelated. Punk needs a new finisher. A quicker one. The GTS takes too long to set up.

The stunner was almost the perfect finisher because it was quick and it looked devestating.

I think you are thinking of the People's Elbow

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Diamond Cutter is/was/will be the best finishing move of all time. DDP was great.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Hank Scorpio wrote:
The Diamond Cutter is/was/will be the best finishing move of all time. DDP was great.

Posts like this is why I can never have a message board bromance with beni like I do with you

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

I think you are thinking of the People's Elbow

I mean it's a good enough move. It just isn;t fast enough. You got to lift the guy and he always reverses it the first time. It doesn;t fit the character. He needs something he can just walk out and hit Big Johnny with and walk away...