It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5/14 Raw - He's back!
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
That's right gentlemen, its the return of David Otunga!

WWE Raw TV taping preview 5/14

After last week's Raw episode was drained of star-power due to John Cena appearing "via satellite" and part-time TV characters Brock Lesnar and Triple H not on the show, WWE is bringing the heavy hitters back to Raw Monday night.

The top item advertised is Triple H's return after missing last week's show to sell an arm injury created by Lesnar two weeks ago. WWE is hinting at a confrontation between Hunter and Lesnar's new representative, Paul Heyman, to keep Lesnar involved in storylines despite missing TV.

Also in-play is the final hype for Over the Limit on Sunday. WWE will be promoting Raw's top match of John Laurinaitis vs. Cena, who is advertised for Raw. Also to be promoted for the PPV is WWE champion C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan.

Laurinaitis's advertised involvement on the show is not limited to Cena, though. Laurinaitis's character has threatened to fire Big Show if Show does not apologize to him on Raw. Laurinaitis tweeted Friday night during Smackdown, "I'm looking forward to @WWETheBigShow's apology on Monday night. I'm sure he'll be sincere. #Raw #PeoplePower."

The Smackdown brand was front-and-center during last week's Raw when their top PPV match was changed to a four-way title match. All four men - World Hvt. champion Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton - are advertised for Raw, including Jericho, who is part of the Raw brand.

Other Smackdown stars advertised are Daniel Bryan, IC champion Cody Rhodes, and Christian, who remains off TV while wrestling at house shows.

-- For the live crowd in Pittsburgh at Consol Energy Center, WWE is advertising a double main event - Punk vs. Jericho in an "Anything Goes Match" for the WWE Title and a six-man tag match. The advertised six-man tag match is Cena & Orton & Sheamus vs. Kane & Daniel Bryan & Lord Tensai.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I still think Otunga is the drizzling shits in the ring, but the backstage lawyer bit has kinda grown on me. If they're determined to keep him on the roster at least they found something for him to do.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

Me too.

So glad they found a role for him.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm 

I still can't figure out how they can't find any sort of role for Colt Cabana.

Just stick to the old Heyman rule of positives and negatives and you're good to go. There's no reason for Kelly Kelly to be in the ring. Make her a full time valet.

I should actually give them credit once in a while so let this serve as the first time in 2012. I think they've officially brought back tag teams and managers - or are at least trying to. They're also calling guys up instead of letting them rot in FCW and using valets.

We have the Usos, Colons, kofi and r-truth, swagger and ziggler, titus and darren young, santino and zack, humico and camacho, gabriel and bourne. Aksana and Rosa can't wrestle so they made them valets, something I've always whined about them not doing. Ricardo, Bob Sakamoto, AW and Vicky are full time managers. They found something for Cameron and Naomi. They called up Moxley, Claudio, and Sandow, they're using Danielson (and AJ) awesome right now and Punk has been champ for months now. Even the last ppv was good.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
As long as Vince is alive/coherent, I've stopped getting excited about a rivival of the tag team division. It seems anytime it starts to look promising they'll fuck it up by having Big Slow squash the champs. It pisses me off because I grew up on great tag teams (Tully/Arn, Road Warriors, Rockers, Midnight Express, Hart Foundation) and I still think there is money to be made in a solid tag division. For starters they should quit the practice of randomly teaming up two main event wrestlers. It makes the legit teams look weak by comparison.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm 

A7X wrote:
As long as Vince is alive/coherent, I've stopped getting excited about a rivival of the tag team division. It seems anytime it starts to look promising they'll fuck it up by having Big Slow squash the champs. It pisses me off because I grew up on great tag teams (Tully/Arn, Road Warriors, Rockers, Midnight Express, Hart Foundation) and I still think there is money to be made in a solid tag division. For starters they should quit the practice of randomly teaming up two main event wrestlers. It makes the legit teams look weak by comparison.

I agree 100%. I think Vince is like Bill Wirtz in that it's not going to get any better until he's dead and then you'll see an immediate turn around.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
"What I have to say I'll say in a 20 minute long rambling monologue about THIS BUSINESS in front of the world."

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Hunter's arm is reminding me of the time he saved Sting from the cage during Capitol Combat 1990.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Long boring promo burying people by Triple H. Is it 2003 and the Reign of Terror?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I'm watching Paul Jr and Paul Sr fight while Caveman Paul in a suit rambles on and on and on.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 pm 

This crowd WHATing Heyman makes me even more cynical about the rest of this show.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm 

Big Show v Kane??!!?? Color me there.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm 

So they're not giving Punk and Bryan a single segment of mic time together before the PPV. I mean I know this is a throwaway event anyway but that's still an excessively soft build, especially since there has been time to devote to developing Punk/Laurinaitis/Tensai and Bryan/AJ.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Im listening to the Chael Sonnen interview on Joe Rogan's podcast which seems to be a better choice than watching Raw tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Big Show v Kane??!!?? Color me there.

I just hope it measures up to the Kane-Khali beat the clock classic.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 pm 

Seriously, this WWE title build makes Bryan-Sheamus at Wrestlemania look well-developed. Wouldn't be surprised if this curtain jerks the PPV, which is a shame given the talent of the two involved.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm 

Drop In wrote:
Hunter's arm is reminding me of the time he saved Sting from the cage during Capitol Combat 1990.

No way that gets no sold

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Im listening to the Chael Sonnen interview on Joe Rogan's podcast which seems to be a better choice than watching Raw tonight.

thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:48 pm 

That was so hilariously terrible.

Gordon Solie was backstage offering reports that RoboCop was in the building!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm 

Oh great, a video package on this week-long Show-Ace feud that they haven't talked about 5 times already tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:54 pm 

Hello Travel Mug.

We've missed you.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

This never gets old.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 pm 

Big Show is going to have to join Team Canada. Or become the RAW janitor. #ThisSegmentBlows

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm 

Hey could this segment go another half hour?

Though at least it had a satisfying conclusion!

Last edited by ZephMarshack on Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm 

Seriously. What the hell is this crap?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 pm 

Urlacher's Missing Lauranitis.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ok so I'll take this segment as being a complete win as we won't have to sit thru anymore Kane vs Big Show matches.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
No sympathy for a fat ass crying like Tommy Dreamer.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm 

Can we really embrace the funk anymore after such an emotional display?