It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
There are plenty....

One of my personal "favorites" would have to be Steiner v Triple H from 2003.

-Steiner comes out of nowhere to beat up on Matt Hardy and whoever the hell else and because they were dissing New York City Steiner is a "face." Which makes zero sense not only in this program or any other program in any other universe. The man is a HEEL, he could possibly be turned to a face but not by a single 5 min segment. It was like, "Oh well, Scotts here! And huh, yeah, he's a face!"

-Steiners promos were horrible. Usually they range from bad to decent to over the top WTF fun, but in WCW they were always entertaining, most of the time at least. At this point he couldn't cut a clean promo to save his life...truly embarrassing. "...holler if you hear me and the next heavy weight championship of the world!"

-He was injured through out the whole program and so was Triple H for that matter. So the "build up" of stupid bench press competitions, pose downs, arm wrestling, push up games, notes from the Dr. etc were fucking dumb and transparent. They tried to build up Steiner as some unstoppable heel force of nature but totally failed. No one was buying it.

-And finally! The big showdown at The Royal Rumble. Horrible, one of the worst matches of all fucking time. Steiner was gassed and dying 4 minutes in, he had zero offense besides 7 belly to belly suplexes, he was fallen down, tripping over himself and just finished less than 1/2 way through. Brutal. Triple H wasn't much better, after his leg injury he was a shadow of himself from 2000 and earlier. To Trip's credit he did see that Steiner was done, called for the spot, which Steiner kinda blew, got outside the ring, into the crowd, Steiner kinda goes with it and then drags him back to the ring, then they leave to the ramp, Steiner follows and totally blows the hit to his head with the belt.....Fuck, just fucking terrible. No flow, no excitement, horrible wrestling and nothing in the way of heat and the audience turned on Steiner. Even at the end when he put Trips in the Steiner Recliner he totally forgot to put his arms on his knees! You actually see Trips bring his own arms up. Bad.

-The Rematch at No Way Out! Bad. Botching everything. Irish whips, counters, punches, actual moves..everything. Steiner is visibly gassed and on one knee against the ropes half way through the match. Horrible. This is up there with the worst ever, too. Even worse is the fact that there was the match interference and the defeat of Steiner which leads Trips to retain the belt. Evolution formed after this or was kinda formed or whatever, but whatever.

-Aftermath: Swept under the rug. The titanic feud was giving a few more promo's and then quietly killed in a dark, dimly lit alley way by a few of Vince's boyfriends. Steiner would go on to feud with Test and whoever the fuck else and wouldn't even have a match at Wrestlemania.

-I realize this was around the time that Triple H. was injured or recovering from being injured (isn't he always?) and he wasn't nearly as good as he was in the past...and, uh, Steiner was a total wreck, he had pins in his foot, he could barely feel his foot, he was totally and completely out of shape, couldn't cut a clean promo and also was a shadow of his former self from the mid-early 80-90's. He simply wasn't a main event star at this point, he couldn't wrestle and he wasn't even at the point skill wise and physically to where he could even be carried through a match. He was falling apart, you can see his pectoralis major starting to detach from its origin point, his arms are starting to show signs of large synthol use, muscle tearing, he had twig legs, bloated belly and he looked old and worn out. When you look at photos of him now or from TNA...you can definitely see that he was on his way during his WWE run.

CFSMB! What are your personal "favorites" of bad?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Sting vs. The Black Scorpion.

Just an absolute clusterfuck. It started as a joke when Jim Herd was pissed at Ole Anderson for his booking. After about 6 false "reveals", it ended up being Ric Flair under the mask.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Sting vs. The Black Scorpion.

Just an absolute clusterfuck. It started as a joke when Jim Herd was pissed at Ole Anderson for his booking. After about 6 false "reveals", it ended up being Ric Flair under the mask.

And everyone in the arena knew that it was Flair the entire time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It was originally supposed to be Matt Borne but he apparently got pissed because he was gonna lose and left. Then they were gonna make Barry Windham do it. Flair stepped in so it wouldn't hurt Windham's career.

Just so stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The Rock vs the Wellness policy.

Seriously it was over before it started.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:51 pm 

Can we please keep this on point, CiJ?

Ready....set..........GO!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Shit...Ok

I'll get back to later.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
98% of diva matches. They are so bad and boring. I'd rather they televise the signs in the arena and just leave the ladies to wrestle in the background.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Big Show vs Big Boss man.
the sight of show on top of the coffin still makes me gag. Just two guy giving nothing to the fans in this one

the whole Kane and Katy Vick thing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
NWO vs OWN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
The Rock vs the Wellness policy.

Seriously it was over before it started.

I'm pretty sure that's Mary Carillo in the second picture, not The Rock.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 pm 

:lol: @JORR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
chaspoppcap wrote:
the sight of show on top of the coffin still makes me gag. Just two guy giving nothing to the fans in this one

Big Boss Man really had a banner year in 1999: he was fake-hanged from a cage at Wrestlemania, he exhumed the corpse of the Big Show's dad, and then he killed Al Snow's dog and fed it to him, which set up a cage-in-a-cage match where dogs walked around the ring humping each other. He was a team player; you've got to give him that much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Big Boss Man really had a banner year in 1999: he was fake-hanged from a cage at Wrestlemania, he exhumed the corpse of the Big Show's dad, and then he killed Al Snow's dog and fed it to him, which set up a cage-in-a-cage match where dogs walked around the ring humping each other. He was a team player; you've got to give him that much.

Good point, what a guy! And to think he was but a lonely corrections officer before he got his big break in WWF/E.

Shame he had one of the worst and pointless Hell in a Cell matches of all time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Hogan taking on the Dungeon of Doom was tough to watch. Also, the Blood Runs Cold angle that pitted Glacier against Mortis was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 pm 

Every Kane feud

HHH Fucks a corpse

gtv being scrapped

catatonic Linda mcmahon

hawk suicide attempt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

gtv being scrapped

I had high, high hopes for that. :(

anyone ever reveal anything? did they even have an idea?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Keeping Score wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

gtv being scrapped

I had high, high hopes for that. :(

Higher than Jericho and Stephanie returning together to take over after the airing of their definitive promos showing this? :P

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 pm 

WCW "invades" WWE/F. Poorly written/executed storyline. Vinnie Mac just f'ed that one straight to hell. Could have been gold, but quickly got old.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Keeping Score wrote:
Your words hurt jackref. And I'm not showing up at the ice cream social tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: Sorry but you won't be able to live that one down :P

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SomeGuy wrote:
There are plenty....

-Steiner comes out of nowhere to beat up on Matt Hardy and whoever the hell else and because they were dissing New York City Steiner is a "face." Which makes zero sense not only in this program or any other program in any other universe. The man is a HEEL, he could possibly be turned to a face but not by a single 5 min segment. It was like, "Oh well, Scotts here! And huh, yeah, he's a face!"

-Steiners promos were horrible. Usually they range from bad to decent to over the top WTF fun, but in WCW they were always entertaining, most of the time at least. At this point he couldn't cut a clean promo to save his life...truly embarrassing. "...holler if you hear me and the next heavy weight championship of the world!"

-He was injured through out the whole program and so was Triple H for that matter. So the "build up" of stupid bench press competitions, pose downs, arm wrestling, push up games, notes from the Dr. etc were fucking dumb and transparent. They tried to build up Steiner as some unstoppable heel force of nature but totally failed. No one was buying it.

-And finally! The big showdown at The Royal Rumble. Horrible, one of the worst matches of all fucking time. Steiner was gassed and dying 4 minutes in, he had zero offense besides 7 belly to belly suplexes, he was fallen down, tripping over himself and just finished less than 1/2 way through. Brutal. Triple H wasn't much better, after his leg injury he was a shadow of himself from 2000 and earlier. To Trip's credit he did see that Steiner was done, called for the spot, which Steiner kinda blew, got outside the ring, into the crowd, Steiner kinda goes with it and then drags him back to the ring, then they leave to the ramp, Steiner follows and totally blows the hit to his head with the belt.....Fuck, just fucking terrible. No flow, no excitement, horrible wrestling and nothing in the way of heat and the audience turned on Steiner. Even at the end when he put Trips in the Steiner Recliner he totally forgot to put his arms on his knees! You actually see Trips bring his own arms up. Bad.

-The Rematch at No Way Out! Bad. Botching everything. Irish whips, counters, punches, actual moves..everything. Steiner is visibly gassed and on one knee against the ropes half way through the match. Horrible. This is up there with the worst ever, too. Even worse is the fact that there was the match interference and the defeat of Steiner which leads Trips to retain the belt. Evolution formed after this or was kinda formed or whatever, but whatever.

-Aftermath: Swept under the rug. The titanic feud was giving a few more promo's and then quietly killed in a dark, dimly lit alley way by a few of Vince's boyfriends. Steiner would go on to feud with Test and whoever the fuck else and wouldn't even have a match at Wrestlemania.

-I realize this was around the time that Triple H. was injured or recovering from being injured (isn't he always?) and he wasn't nearly as good as he was in the past...and, uh, Steiner was a total wreck, he had pins in his foot, he could barely feel his foot, he was totally and completely out of shape, couldn't cut a clean promo and also was a shadow of his former self from the mid-early 80-90's. He simply wasn't a main event star at this point, he couldn't wrestle and he wasn't even at the point skill wise and physically to where he could even be carried through a match. He was falling apart, you can see his pectoralis major starting to detach from its origin point, his arms are starting to show signs of large synthol use, muscle tearing, he had twig legs, bloated belly and he looked old and worn out. When you look at photos of him now or from TNA...you can definitely see that he was on his way during his WWE run.

Great thread and great choice of a feud. I have a different one, but I will frame mine similarly to how you did yours.

SomeGuy....MyGuy!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Every Kane feud

no

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
There are plenty....

Great thread and great choice of a feud. I have a different one, but I will frame mine similarly to how you did yours.

SomeGuy....MyGuy!

Kid!

The suspense is killing me!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm 

Don't get your hopes up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RFDC, just stop it.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Don't get your hopes up.

Ya know, I get all jazzed up about a wrestling post from Kid....and I wait, and wait, and wait only to be left with nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
RFDC, just stop it.

Love you Kid, but you and me both know your list will never materialize.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I remember a feud between Shane McMahon and Kane wherein one guy put jumper cables on the other guy's balls and hooked them up to a car battery.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Curious Hair wrote:
I remember a feud between Shane McMahon and Kane wherein one guy put jumper cables on the other guy's balls and hooked them up to a car battery.

Pretty sure that was Mr. Joshua in the first Lethal Weapon....you need to stop putting vodka soaked tampons in your rectum its starting to affect the line between fantasy and reality.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm 

This was probably at the height of my wrestling fandom, but the Corporate Ministry & Vince McMahon = Higher Power thing was one of the worst storylines I can ever remember.