It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania 30
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:15 pm 

They did everything right with Bryan. Most over star since Stone Cold.

I still do not agree with Taker losing.

The Network worked great here, no problems.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Not sure there was a good answer to end UTs streak. Ideally, yeah, you want an up and comer to get the rub for ending the steak. I just think WWE didn't have enough confidence in the guys they had. It's too much of a crapshoot to predict the future. Too many guys burn out after a hot start. Say they gave it to a guy like Punk and he quits the next year. Say they gave it to a guy like Orton and he fails wellness. Say they give it to a guy like Edge and his neck blows out. All of these scenarios seem more likely to happen than then picking a guy who'll be with the company for the next 10 years. With losing to Lesnar, UT can always look good. It took the former UFC heavyweight champion, much younger than Taker, to beat him. It's not ideal and I wish they did something else, but can see why the WWE just went the safe route.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
KDdidit wrote:
Not sure there was a good answer to end UTs streak. Ideally, yeah, you want an up and comer to get the rub for ending the steak. I just think WWE didn't have enough confidence in the guys they had. It's too much of a crapshoot to predict the future. Too many guys burn out after a hot start. Say they gave it to a guy like Punk and he quits the next year. Say they gave it to a guy like Orton and he fails wellness. Say they give it to a guy like Edge and his neck blows out. All of these scenarios seem more likely to happen than then picking a guy who'll be with the company for the next 10 years. With losing to Lesnar, UT can always look good. It took the former UFC heavyweight champion, much younger than Taker, to beat him. It's not ideal and I wish they did something else, but can see why the WWE just went the safe route.

I agree with this. I also think any young guy to beat the streak would have been marked as a heel for life. That could have potentially worked with someone like Wyatt, but I think if they did it with someone like Reigns, you're risking ruining his push the moment it starts, as fans will likely have a negative backlash against a streak loss to anyone. Lesnar may not be working full time but any backlash will be welcomed by him and Heyman, and if he continues to be booked like a monster (as he should have been all along), you can transfer at least some of his heat to a young face.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
There is such a thing as not having him lose ever. Which would have been nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
newper wrote:
There is such a thing as not having him lose ever. Which would have been nice.

You gotta go out on your back in the business. I'm sure with UTs reputation as an old school guy it's probably what he wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:45 am 

I have zero problems with him losing, and I am sure knowing Takers reputation in the locker room that he had no problem losing either. I just do not get doing it with Lesnar. I understand what some of you are saying, but it still seems to me to be better used taking the chance on pushing someone way over by giving them the victory. The crowd reaction was priceless. I guess it shows us all you never can assume you know what they will do.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm 

Read a article that said 5dimes had Lesner at +5000, and Taker at -6000 most of Sunday. Then once Wrestlemania started, Lesner was at +1000, and Taker -2000. They were speculating that someone was doing some shady shit.

Agree with most of you, Lesner is the wrong guy to do it. You can't have a part time guy do that. The only way you let him win, is if he says he will be around full time for the next few years. Listening to XM92 last night heading home, they said that Lesner doesn't have the love or passion for the business, and that's why you only see him once every few months. They were really giving it to Lesner.