It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pacquiao vs Bradley
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I thought Bradley fought a pretty dumb fight, even before the apparent injury in the 7th or 8th. I was thinking he'd use his movement and jab to reduce Pacquiao's offense but instead he was content to just try to slip punches while only throwing wild ones back. He would have been put to sleep if he tried to fight Marquez that way for instance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Q.Bovifs wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
I thought Bradley fought a pretty dumb fight, even before the apparent injury in the 7th or 8th. I was thinking he'd use his movement and jab to reduce Pacquiao's offense but instead he was content to just try to slip punches while only throwing wild ones back.

He tried that the first time, and he broke his ankles running.

I loved his strategy the first half of the fight. He wasn't only throwing wild punches - his work to the body was very good. I thought he really had Manny off-balance.

He just couldn't sustain that aggressive of an attack. At the end of the fight, he barely had the strength to keep his guard up.

Point taken about the first fight, but I thought his strategy during the second half of it, even with the bum ankle, allowed him to win a number of rounds. He got injured anyway last night too, and while I wouldn't credit Pacquiao entirely for it, if his punches are such that Bradley's feet are getting tangled whenever he takes them cleanly, then I think the best solution is to attempt to avoid taking those punches entirely instead of looking to exchange so often.

I never bought into the idea that Bradley fought stupidly against Provodnikov on purpose, but last night it seemed like he took the criticism of the first Pacquiao fight to heart, to his own detriment IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
I figure JORR gets his PacMan fixation because he either has Filipinos in his family, or he served some time in Manila during 'Nam or something.

:lol: You and Nas are blinded by your love for that douchebag Mayweather. Nas is incapable of even discussing a Pac fight without mentioning Mayweather. You two have to be the only ones in the world who could think that fight was a draw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
I figure JORR gets his PacMan fixation because he either has Filipinos in his family, or he served some time in Manila during 'Nam or something.

:lol: You and Nas are blinded by your love for that douchebag Mayweather. Nas is incapable of even discussing a Pac fight without mentioning Mayweather. You two have to be the only ones in the world who could think that fight was a draw.

Those early rounds could have gone either way. I gave them to the aggressor. The judges weren't far off.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU