It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
is anyone looking forward to Lesnar becoming champ?

Post subject: Re: So...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 pm 

I am. I am also looking forward to sting. His recent interview about Vince and wwe was good

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:57 pm 

It is good to see Sting on the path to joining WWE in some capacity. Triple H's influence is clearly showing from the creation of NXT to bringing back Bruno Sammartino and I have to believe he is involved in bringing in Stinger. Now, the dream match of Sting v. Undertaker may not happen at WM 31, but if he is in good enough shape I wouldn't mind seeing him in a match.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I am torn on what HHH is doing so far. A lot of it is going good yet there is some really cring worthy shit popping up on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:08 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I am torn on what HHH is doing so far. A lot of it is going good yet there is some really cring worthy shit popping up on TV.

I wouldn't blame HHH for a lot of it; losing CM Punk and Daniel Bryan being injured has taken away some of the sizzle. Ambrose and Rollins are really good on the mic and in the ring; I was disappointed how they cancelled the match for Battleground for further buildup to Summerslam. There seems to be an internal power struggle between HHH and Kevin Dunn to try to get Vince's ear. Vince soured on Adam Rose and Paige which I think was a mistake; both have potential and good characters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:58 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

I wouldn't blame HHH for a lot of it; losing CM Punk and Daniel Bryan being injured has taken away some of the sizzle. Ambrose and Rollins are really good on the mic and in the ring; I was disappointed how they cancelled the match for Battleground for further buildup to Summerslam. There seems to be an internal power struggle between HHH and Kevin Dunn to try to get Vince's ear. Vince soured on Adam Rose and Paige which I think was a mistake; both have potential and good characters.

The things I question is the repetitiveness of the matches esp in the tag team division

The stuff they are doing with Sandow

The retro-retread booking ala Rusev
They really do not seem to want to listen to the verse on who they want to see. Although I do give him proper's for getting Jericho back and realizing Batistia was a bust as quick as he did. Who ever green lighted the end of the Streak needs 30 lashes with a cat o nine tails.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Also, if they bring Sting in, he's very limited in terms of what he can do, anymore. Injuries and all...

But as for the intro question: no, Lesnar still a part-time talent. But I am tired of the 24x7 Cena parade.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:40 pm 

Alberto Del Rio ,he gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 pm 

Great event. Even Rusev/Swagger, Steph/Brie, and Lesnar/Cena were entertaining. Lesnar sitting up ala Undertaker was great

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I liked Ambrose/Rollins. Some of those spots they were doing with the lumberjacks were amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 pm 

kissrules73 wrote:
I liked Ambrose/Rollins. Some of those spots they were doing with the lumberjacks were amazing.

That was the match of the night. Star-making match for the both of them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:18 pm 

Ambrose and Rollins was money. I have always liked Ambrose and thought he would be a star. I was not sold on Rollins, but I am liking what I am seeing. All 3 of the Shield may end up being big stars.

Even enjoyed Steph and Bre match.

I still do not understand what they are doing with Ziggler. I think he could be a star as well, but it seems the office does not see it that way.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Lesnar now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:27 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Ambrose and Rollins was money. I have always liked Ambrose and thought he would be a star. I was not sold on Rollins, but I am liking what I am seeing. All 3 of the Shield may end up being big stars.

I still do not understand what they are doing with Ziggler. I think he could be a star as well, but it seems the office does not see it that way.

Ziggler was punished for some comments he made and he suffered a couple of concussions after he won his cash-in the night after WM 29; so that slowed his push a bit. He definitely has the charisma and in-ring ability, but they need to let him do his thing because the crowd just eats him up. Rumors are that Lesnar will hold the belt until WM 31, with Reigns defeating him to become champ. Steph and Brie was not much wrestling, but just like her dad, Steph reactions and her getting her butt kicked made the match. Plus, she looked pretty damn good too :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Rumors are that Lesnar will hold the belt until WM 31, with Reigns defeating him to become champ.

I can see that and if done right would be huge for Reigns.

Will he be around constantly till then? Will he be defending the title at all the PPVs?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:36 pm 

That would be interesting. They would pay extra for Lesnar since he only has a limited amount of appeareances but Heyman can act as the mouthpiece to save Lesnar's appearances for select matches. Build up the aura of Lesnar even more and showcase the rest of the talent to continue the transition from the older wrestlers to the up and comers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FrankDrebin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Ziggler was punished for some comments he made and he suffered a couple of concussions after he won his cash-in the night after WM 29; so that slowed his push a bit. He definitely has the charisma and in-ring ability, but they need to let him do his thing because the crowd just eats him up. Rumors are that Lesnar will hold the belt until WM 31, with Reigns defeating him to become champ. Steph and Brie was not much wrestling, but just like her dad, Steph reactions and her getting her butt kicked made the match. Plus, she looked pretty damn good too :D

Basically yes to all of that, just to add that they find Zigler to be a significant injury (concussion) risk and thought so even before the debacle with Daniel Bryan, now only moreso (fair or not).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02 am 

you forgot the best match on the card: Ambrose and Rollins.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

I remember watching Rollins several times as Tyler Black in ROH. I knew he would be a star if WWE took a flyer on him.

Kudos to Cena for taking the ass whipping he did. As J Hood tweeted I've been waiting a decade for that!!!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I never understood why these guys were so intent on pushing Brock Lesnar. First time around he was sloppy as fuck, couldn't talk, and had nothing interesting about him other than being big. Then he left the promotion on really bad terms, failed miserably as a football player, putzed around in MMGay for a few years, then came back with a God push as if it were still 2003. Has he progressed beyond being an Ivan Drago-looking dude who injures his co-workers and can't talk?

I never understood John Cena or Randy Orton, either, so maybe I just stopped getting professional wrestling in high school, which is probably for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I never understood why these guys were so intent on pushing Brock Lesnar. First time around he was sloppy as fuck, couldn't talk, and had nothing interesting about him other than being big. Then he left the promotion on really bad terms, failed miserably as a football player, putzed around in MMGay for a few years, then came back with a God push as if it were still 2003. Has he progressed beyond being an Ivan Drago-looking dude who injures his co-workers and can't talk?

I never understood John Cena or Randy Orton, either, so maybe I just stopped getting professional wrestling in high school, which is probably for the best.

I can see your point with Brock, but he is a freakish athlete. He is a little more than just big.

But I don't follow on Cena and Orton. What is there not to understand regarding them?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I found Orton terribly boring. He just said "I am Randy Orton" a lot and wasn't any good in the ring. Cena's transformation from white rapper to Dude Who Wears Jorts And Talks About Trying Hard never connected with me, either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I found Orton terribly boring. He just said "I am Randy Orton" a lot and wasn't any good in the ring. Cena's transformation from white rapper to Dude Who Wears Jorts And Talks About Trying Hard never connected with me, either.

yeah stick to the Blackhawks.

You are in over your head here.

Good times indeed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Good times indeed.

What is wrong with that he said? He's pretty much right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:46 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Good times indeed.

What is wrong with that he said? He's pretty much right.

Everything is wrong with it.

Orton is not HBK in the ring, but he is way better than how CH described him. He is one of the better heels the company has had in the last decade.

And while Cena may not have connected with you or CH, he has been the center piece of the company for awhile and has done a pretty solid job. He has never been given credit for his in ring work which has gotten progressively better and better.

So yeah, everything was wrong with it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm 

Perry's Teeps wrote:
Sadly, their match and the Heyman promo were the only memorable parts of Raw last night.

Stephanie in her Steph shirt was very VERY nice!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 pm 

Sucks I had to work and missed doing this to her. Boo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I will say on Last Monday, good to see the NXT guys get a match