It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 pm 

Can't wait to listen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:42 pm 

Quote:
CM Punk has finally opened up on what went wrong with himself and the WWE in a lengthy interview on the Art of Wrestling podcast with Colt Cabana. During the nearly two hour interview, Punk tells his side of the story on what he describes as a rough final years with the company between injuries, how he was used, money and lots more.

One of the biggest points of interest from the interview is his departure from the company. It was always believed that he quit the company but Punk tells a different story. He says he was fired -- and on his wedding day.

Punk does explain that he was so upset, so exhausted and exasperated with how things were going that he walked out on the WWE on Jan. 27, the day after the 2014 Royal Rumble. Weeks later, he was told by Vince McMahon (via text) that he was suspended for two months. But after that time ended, he never heard from the company and was later given the runaround when he tried to find out why he wasn't receiving his royalty checks.

He finally heard from Triple H on June 11, just two days before his wedding with current WWE diva AJ Lee. The two agrees to have a conversation once he got back from his honeymoon but that didn't happen.

"The day of my wedding I got a FedEx in the mail. It was my termination papers. I was fired," explained Punk. "I was fired, on my wedding day. Very calculated, very deliberate. As much as I chuckled at it and didn't let it affect my day, I was like once again, you pushed too f****** far. You pushed the wrong guy."

"The letter was ridiculous. It was like 'your contract is terminated, you forfeit all of your royalty rights, you're in breach of contract as of January. 27'. I'm not even a f****** lawyer and I know you can't claim retro breach, you know what I mean? If I was in breach of contract on January 27 on January 28 they had to be like 'you're in breach of contract, we're not giving you your royalties'."

"And I would have been like great, fine, I'm going to go home because I have this staph infection that you refuse to treat and diagnose. Plus I have this concussion and I've needed time off for at least a year and you won't give it to me. So, I just kind of laughed at that."

While it's uncertain whether or not the WWE sending him his termination papers on his wedding day was done on purpose or not, it is quite the coincidence. And the company had to know he was getting married that day.

Punk did say that he hired a lawyer and reached a settlement with the WWE where he got everything he wanted and then some. The WWE did try to get him to sign a non-disparagement agreement but he refused, saying the only way he would agree is if WWE apologized in his home city of Chicago and apologized, admitted he didn't quit and that he was fired on his wedding day. That obviously didn't happen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:33 pm 

Quote:
Former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar CM Punk spoke publicly for the first time since walking out on the company in January during an explosive podcast with friend and fellow wrestler Colt Cabana.

Spoiler alert: He’s never going back to the WWE again. Ever.

CM Punk, real name Phil Brooks, ripped his former employer on the Art of Wrestling podcast for a variety of things — the most damning being some questionable medical tactics by WWE doctors.

The main reason for the former WWE champion leaving professional wrestling was his health. Shortly after leaving WWE, Punk discovered he had a full-blown MRSA infection that was reportedly misdiagnosed as a “fatty deposit” by company doctors.

Prior to that, Punk was pressured on more than one occasion by the WWE to return to action while injured:

CM Punk on returning from a concussion:

“I got a concussion in the Royal Rumble. It’s pretty god d*** obvious. I knew I had a concussion. Everyone knew I had a concussion. And they were like we want you to take this test and I said your test is bull***. I took the test while texting you [Colt Cabana] and listening to my headphones and I “passed” with flying colors. But then they were like we want you to go to the ring and run the ropes. And I was like but I just passed your test and they were like yeah, but we still think you have a concussion. I was like so your test is worthless. I’m not going out in the f****** ring like a two-week rookie to run the ropes in front of everybody. Let’s just call it [a concussion] now.

CM Punk on returning from elbow surgery:

“I remember when I was supposed to go back to Birmingham and get cleared before I came back to wrestle from my elbow. One day I was just at TV and it was the same thing … I’ll probably just cut a promo and then Michael Hayes comes up to me and goes, “Alright, you’re working so and so,” and I was like no I’m not. I just got this laser eye surgery and I don’t want anyone f****** up my eyes. And he’s like you really should have told somebody, and I was like told them what … my elbow! And he goes no, I just checked and they said you’re cleared. I was like I haven’t even gone to Birmingham to see Dr. [James] Andrews yet, what do you mean I’m cleared? I talked to Dr. [Chris] Amann and Dr. Amann was like I called him [Dr. Andrews] and I told him how you were and he said OK and he cleared you. I was like what kind of witch doctory bull**** is that? Like I’m going to go see him before I f****** wrestle. Book that s***, I’m not wrestling tonight.

Things were so bad that Punk admitted he looked forward to surgeries for the time off the road. The final tipping point was when the WWE withheld CM Punk's royalty check and eventually fired him on the day of his wedding.

“The day of my wedding, I got a FedEx in the mail and it was my termination papers,” Punk said. “I was fired. On my wedding day. Very calculated and very deliberate. And as much as I kind of chuckled at it and didn’t let it affect my day, I was like once again you pushed too f***** far. You pushed the wrong guy.”

Punk would go on to explain he eventually hired a lawyer and he “got those mother*******” as part of a settlement with the WWE.

SB Nation's Cageside Seats has other highlights from the near two-hour interview:

People were calling him about sponsor money after the pipe bomb and he pitched it to Vince McMahon, who wouldn't sign off on it. Then Brock Lesnar came in and was allowed to have sponsors on his wrestling gear.
The story behind the pitch to WWE involved on walking out with Chael Sonnen at a UFC show and how it would have been good business. Vince told him someone might die in a fight and there's no way they could let him go. Vince was also apparently appalled at the idea of women fighting in the UFC.
He says the Ryback program took years off his life because of how green he is. He also calls Ryback "steroid guy" because "I call it like I see it" and reveals that Ryback kicked him in the stomach so hard during a match it broke his ribs and he never got an apology or call about it.
At Raw the night he walked out, he went in and was told he was going to have to take a drug test -- he calls it a "piss test" -- and considering the new policies they put in place so wrestlers who had failed previous tests could get strikes taken off their record, he was livid that he, of all people, would have to take a piss test. He demanded to be taken care of for his various health issues and they wanted him to sign a bunch of papers and take the piss test. That's when he decided he was done.
He says WWE was worried that he was going to go to TNA and his lawyer told them he isn't interested in that and he despises professional wrestling now. He also said there won't ever be a working relationship with WWE ever again.
UPDATE (7:25 p.m. ET):

The WWE sent the following statement to Yahoo Sports:

“WWE takes the health and wellness of its talent very seriously and has a comprehensive Talent Wellness Program that is led by one of the most well-respected physicians in the country, Dr. Joseph Maroon."

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:17 pm 

Just finished listening to the whole podcast.

Very good stuff.

A lot of good insight into the inner workings of how things went for him and the business.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
This could get interesting or ugly ... to a point where both terms might won't be interchangeable ... I see the words 'pro wrestling' and 'concussions' and I start thinking of Benoit --- and I don't have an ax to grind w/ Stanford ... it's not exactly hard to think that someone who does will and, well, ugh ... AND that would also, amongst other consequences, create a "need" to change the workrate to something even more (relatively) vanilla and bland ... fuck a duck.

If I weren't so cynical, I'd let myself think this could lead to increased safety and better care for the boys, and even the re-ignition of the talk of unionizing ... but I'm not dumb enough to believe that would happen while there's only one real shop to work for, and that was true even when TNA was pretending to be something viable. Shit, I can kinda "rationalize" ignoring the concussion ... but MRSA?!? One just quietly shakes their heads at that one because one doesn't know how else to actually react.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:52 pm 

yeah that staph infection story was crazy. Hard to believe an actual company doctor would ignore something like that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:18 am 

I will also say that it is beyond ridiculous that with the run that Punk had that he was never in the main event at Mania.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:28 am 
It's kinda crazy lately how bland the product is and how Vince doesn't seem to care. I wish there was somebody, anybody out there who was legit competition to push WWE to actually be interesting again. I know it's a pipe dream beceause of the sheep like us who will watch / DVR every Monday regardless, but one would hope Vince saw the pop Bryan got on Monday and realize that things have gone horribly wrong. They have so much talent in some of the new guys like Reigns, Dolph, and Ambrose have / had guys like Punk and Bryan but decide to bury them.... just frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
I will also say that it is beyond ridiculous that with the run that Punk had that he was never in the main event at Mania.

Vince so fucking dropped the ball with that year's Mania. It should have been Punk in the main event with Rock and Cena or Taker/Punk for the title. Punk even said he should have lost in the Rock/Cena match. Taking the title and giving it to Rock (who Vince loves mostly for the publicity,even though when he was doing all that press for Fast and the Furious never once mentioned WWE or showed the title) killed Punk's momentum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Didn't have the kindest words for Ryback, he was so green that he took years off Punk's life and a Roids guy, kicking him so hard he broke his ribs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:31 am 

Ryback Responds To CM Punk

Following former WWE Superstar CM Punk‘s “tell-all” interview on Colt Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast, WWE Superstar Ryback responded to some of the comments Punk made about him.

During the show Punk referred to Ryback as “the steroid guy” and said he [Ryback] tried to intentionally injure him a few times, including actually breaking his ribs due to a stiff kick. Ryback posted several messages to his Twitter account (which have since been removed), as well as an image of a Punk action figure on a broken table surrounded by Ryback action figures. This image, which is still posted and embedded below, refers to another comment Punk made about Ryback missing a spot during one of their matches.

“For the record if I quit for being fragile and insecure I would make up excuses too. Things didn’t go my way for a long time and I kept going day in and out.

Slander is a powerful thing and to state complete made up nonsense for no reason shows his insecurities. I will continue to bust my ass study matches every chance I get, cut promos when driving and push myself for hours on end even when hurt. Thank you”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 am 

I guess you can't really expect to call a guy who screwed up your ribs, knees, and pelvis who's obviously running cycles "steroids guy" without expecting him to lash out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 am 

reents wrote:
Ryback Responds To CM Punk

Following former WWE Superstar CM Punk‘s “tell-all” interview on Colt Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast, WWE Superstar Ryback responded to some of the comments Punk made about him.

During the show Punk referred to Ryback as “the steroid guy” and said he [Ryback] tried to intentionally injure him a few times, including actually breaking his ribs due to a stiff kick. Ryback posted several messages to his Twitter account (which have since been removed), as well as an image of a Punk action figure on a broken table surrounded by Ryback action figures. This image, which is still posted and embedded below, refers to another comment Punk made about Ryback missing a spot during one of their matches.

“For the record if I quit for being fragile and insecure I would make up excuses too. Things didn’t go my way for a long time and I kept going day in and out.

Slander is a powerful thing and to state complete made up nonsense for no reason shows his insecurities. I will continue to bust my ass study matches every chance I get, cut promos when driving and push myself for hours on end even when hurt. Thank you”

Wow what a fucking baby

Ryback needs to keep his piehole shut.

Any one that has watched him at all knows how dangerous he is. I watched him almost break Punks neck at a house show back during that run. And he has not improved much.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I find it interesting. It sounds like HHH is following one script, Vince is following another, and Punk a third. It also sounds like, whatever ideas Punk came up with merely got recycled for use by others.

The one thing that's obvious: there's no chain of command. That's not great for a publically traded company, when every executive's doing what they want, including swerving the contractors (talent.)

One thing I'm glad I didn't see: a defection to TNA. Of anyone as little (to no) deserving of a chance to muff it up, TNA's highest on my list.

Vince's creative has always been stagnant. Always. I can go back to the 70s and show you how their product blows. Nothing's changed along those lines.

While I'm an old school guy, I watch & appreciate the new-school stuff. I always advise you give you business to the independents and folks like ROH, PWG and New Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm 

Good thoughts Beebo. There are no doubt issues in the office.

Punk is in a great situation here.

If he never comes back then he is always revered as the guy that told Vince/HHH to stick it and stayed away.

If he comes back he will return to a HUGE pop and run.

So he can enjoy this time and get completely healed up and do whatever makes him happy.

Personally, I think he will be back. The business is in his blood. He will want that one more run and shot at getting the main event at Mania.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 pm 

Just had a sign about Staph Infection on Raw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 pm 

This is all a work. Setting up a Punk/McMahon fued starting at Royal Rumble, leading up to WM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:16 pm 

reents wrote:
Just had a sign about Staph Infection on Raw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I can't download the podcast from iTunes. Says show is temporily unavailable. Been like that ever since the show was posted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:31 am 

Vince apologizes to Punk on Austin's podcast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Its on youtube, also, kissrules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:54 pm 

Beebo wrote:
Its on youtube, also, kissrules

It is? Where?