It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
"They" say it's because of the Blizzard, but I know the truth. Studio show or something instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm 

are you gay? not like the happy thing, i mean fudge packin ass fucker with another dude.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
is it just me or is mike north's "pussification of the american male" continuing with all of this preemptive cancellation stuff?

i mean yeah you're getting a whole bunch of snow and it's unpleasant to deal with, but i swear to god the world nowadays is just looking for any excuse to come to a grinding halt when there's a forecast of some severe "weather event." i remember that ravens/bears game that got delayed a couple'a years ago when CBS-2 would have had you thinking that death rode into town on a pale horse (my favorite part = the unkempt plainclothes weatherman looking all frazzled with a clipboard standing in front of a radar that was so zoomed in on the most severe part of the storm that the whole background was a dark red) and who can forget during the "polar vortex" it was outright illegal to be out on the roads in indianapolis?

when i was a kid in the late 80s / early 90s i swear it took an outright act of god to shut down schools/businesses/etc because of the weather. now anytime you get over 5" of snow in a day/falling they're preemptively closing schools and cancelling games and telling you to STOCK UP WITH THE ESSENTIALS like you're going to stare death in the face otherwise. and you don't even have to wait for the actual storm to come and wreak havoc to cause all of this, they'll do it beforehand because weather forecasts are never wrong.

all in all, it sure seems to me like the masses are being slowly conditioned to accept total lockdown for whatever reason/s. we used to make fun of dane placko standing in front of the giant salt piles because it seemed overblown and absurd, but it turns out that was a juncture along the path to people accepting the tv/radio/internet/media telling you to stay home and of course they do it without even thinking. even if it is technically the right thing to do, isn't it technically my freedom of choice to be a dumbass? don't take that away from me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
3 feet of snow and 50-70mph winds is a good reason for a lockdown.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:34 pm 

RAW would look pretty bad if the Arena was 1/4 full and the crowd was (figuratively) dead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
This is hilarious.

Replaying the PPV??? Ouch!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
donspiracy wrote:
This is hilarious.

Replaying the PPV??? Ouch!!!

yeah it's not like last night's rumble spawned a #cancelWWEnetwork hashtag that's really big and popular and officially trending or anything.

i had the idea where they could dig into the network's vast archives (mostly of stuff yanked from youtube =) and show off the kind of great vintage stuff you get access to when you subscribe. who wouldn't wanna see an episode of tuesday night titans tonight? fuckin aye!

this one chick from #wrestling had the idea that they could have scrambled to try and put together an impromptu NXT show in florida and they prolly could have packed the house with discounted tickets, and that'd give people a chance to see the best show vince puts out there and arguably the best reason to subscribe to the network.

but alas, we've got that nice triple threat match before the rumble replay, of course with pre-taped interviews with brock, reigns, and rollins sprinkled throughout. c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm 

Are they going to add cheers to the audio mix when Reigns wins the Rumble?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
KDdidit wrote:
Are they going to add cheers to the audio mix when Reigns wins the Rumble?

The boos were not taken out. I believe that is why Trips and Steph came out in stage.

The crowd changed tone after Daniel Bryan got taken out. Seeing Show and Kane drop all those guys over the ropes like bags of garbage would of had me yelling "we want refund" too.