It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
one thing you gotta give $$$$MONEY$$$$ is that he's constructed a proper IRL heel persona where you wanna see the dude get knocked the fuck out. i haven't watched too many fights of his, and those i have seen have been mostly over the last 3-4 years.... but still, when you see the guy go out there and sandbag everyone and know that he hasn't had a knockout in ~3.5 years (and it was like 2007 when he had his last knockout b4 that) it's just like..... man. can someone please get this dude please?

pacquiao used to seem to have that aura of !!!!!!/invincibility but he lost a fight or two and i think most will agree that this fight is only happening now because both of these guys wanna get paid and $$$$MONEY$$$$ (*instagrams a picture with $50k on the table*) thinks there's way less of a chance of losing the fight, but hey, there's still a 5% chance that this fight doesn't go 12 rounds and maybe as much as a 30-40% chance that pacquiao can win, so with $$$$MONEY$$$$ that's about as good as it gets and you'll take it.

again, despite the "hate" seething out of my post there you have to give $$$$MONEY$$$$ respect because when you hate the guy you're buying into his branding, which again is absolutely phenomenal and based on him pissing off dumb ass (white?) peasants like myself. no doubt he's a marketing genius.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
i think most will agree that this fight is only happening now because both of these guys wanna get paid

Pacquaio wants to get paid. Mayweather made this fight because he knew if he didn't there would always be questions about his legacy. He definitely doesn't need the money and the last place he really wants to be on May 2 is in a ring with Manny Pacquaio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
i think most will agree that this fight is only happening now because both of these guys wanna get paid

Pacquaio wants to get paid. Mayweather made this fight because he knew if he didn't there would always be questions about his legacy. He definitely doesn't need the money and the last place he really wants to be on May 2 is in a ring with Manny Pacquaio.

I think that it is very short-sighted of you to dismiss the gamesmanship and mind games Mayweather is playing with Manny as unimportant.

He is the best in the business for a reason, and it is not just what he does with his fists.

Don't be like Bernstein and consider him ignorant just because he is more than a bit flashy.

You'd better kiss that ring, Joe.

I don't want to see any excuses from you and Doc after this fight.

I've never even said I think Pacquaio will win. Mayweather may have waited him out long enough so he slowed down just enough. Don't be such a fanboy. Especially of a douchebag.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:00 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that Manny loses the fight.

I was more confident about his likelihood of winning however many years ago when I made the bet with Nas. He hasn't had a good fight in a couple years.

But, I'll stick with it because...why not?