It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nice gesture to put Connor in the Hall of Fame. WM30 brought him happiness near the end of his life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Possible spoilers below....

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c ... _contract/

I have been told that Brock Lesnar's contract is set for 3 years at $3 million a year. Brock is working a limited schedule during this new contract just like he was with his older contract.
The WWE championship match has been heavily discussed since Brock has confirmed to be staying with WWE. Writers have been working night and day with Vince, Triple H and their inner circle on possible outcomes for the match.
I am being told that Vince is on board with the idea of having Brock retain the WWE title, Cena win the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the I.C. title. It is still not confirmed however what role if any Sheamus will play at WrestleMania.
I have also been told Roman Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his push in 1993 and early 1994. Lex was pushed to the moon but never got over as the WWE wanted at the time. Thus Vince went with the fan favorite Bret Hart and Luger fizzled of into mid-card status.
I have also been told that Dean Ambrose is to get a heavy push leading into SummerSlam.

The Luger comparison is good but eventually he will get over.

Meltzer has said a lot of that is not entirely accurate. Now who to believe exactly? I have no idea anymore.

$3 million figure is incorrect.

Vince's take on Reigns as Luger is incorrect. Vince very high on him still.

The writers have zero to do with Brock vs. Reigns. It is all Vince. HHH may have some influence, but he'd be the only one because Vince is not taking input from anyone except him, and it's possible he'll listen to Heyman. Also, whatever his idea is, he's not telling ANYONE (except maybe HHH or if Dwayne' s involved, and I don't know if he is or not) as of today.

Whatever Sheamus is doing, and he is booked on the show, is already planned out and all the key people know what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I cant wait for the all retain PPV!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
This looks terrible. I am glad I no longer watch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm 

Good story Macho's Man life

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/03 ... ll-of-fame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
chaspoppcap wrote:
This looks terrible. I am glad I no longer watch

Puuuuulease...

You get to watch Brock Lesnar do his thing.

Battle Royal on the pre-show.

7 man ladder match for the IC belt. Taking the spot of the MITB match.

Super Cena heel turn. :wink:

Undertaker-Wyatt will be enjoyable. Even if it is 15 minutes of rest holds and walking around the outside of the ring. make it a Casket Match!!!

Orton v. Rollins and a possible briefcase cash in botch job.

Rock run in again? If they somehow get the belt off of Lesnar, I would like a Brock v. Rock in LA @ Summerslam.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
donspiracy wrote:
Rock run in again? If they somehow get the belt off of Lesnar, I would like a Brock v. Rock in LA @ Summerslam.

No, no, no my friend. That's a bonafide WM-only match. Which would also keep Lesnar out of the title picture next year, while they gimmick-up the main event for an all-ex-Shield match for the belt.

But I can't believe they'll take the strap off of Lesnar ... particularly when they're going to significantly elevate the IC and US belts to a level of prominence not seen in 20+ years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Don Tiny wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

No, no, no my friend. That's a bonafide WM-only match. Which would also keep Lesnar out of the title picture next year, while they gimmick-up the main event for an all-ex-Shield match for the belt.

But I can't believe they'll take the strap off of Lesnar ... particularly when they're going to significantly elevate the IC and US belts to a level of prominence not seen in 20+ years.

You keep the belt on Brock and you have Bryan, Cesaro, Orton and Wyatt (if he beats Taker) as his opponents. This stuff writes itself. Vince just gets in his own way most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:31 pm 

I think they are going to have the biggest card possible at WM 32...Brock/Rock, Taker/Sting, Triple H/Austin would be the headliners.

I don't have high hopes for the actual Lesnar/Reigns match, but I expect some type of swerve finish. The undercard will definitely be the highlight of the show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

You keep the belt on Brock and you have Bryan, Cesaro, Orton and Wyatt (if he beats Taker) as his opponents. This stuff writes itself. Vince just gets in his own way most of the time.

I would like Ziggler to be in that picture, but it looks like he is destined to stay in the midcard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

I would like Ziggler to be in that picture, but it looks like he is destined to stay in the midcard.

Ziggler bumping for Brock would be a sight to see. The problem is the 50/50 booking over the years. They've killed everybody not named Cena.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 pm 

Speaking of booking, what do they do with Rusev if Cena beats him? He is a legitimate heel and I think sacrificing him to Cena just ruins it. They should have booked Reigns against Rusev as a stepping stone to the WWE title; that way, Rusev stays strong in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:43 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Don Tiny wrote:
donspiracy wrote:

I get it. Just trying to figure out how they get the belt off of Lesnar. Not that it is best for business, but can't bury the whole of the roster can they?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:45 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Speaking of booking, what do they do with Rusev if Cena beats him? He is a legitimate heel and I think sacrificing him to Cena just ruins it. They should have booked Reigns against Rusev as a stepping stone to the WWE title; that way, Rusev stays strong in the process.

People with common sense would say Rusev goes over CLEAN. At this point Cena losing doesn't hurt him in the least. However, if Rusev goes out looking like a punk well then there goes another guy you wasted. In my world, The Shield are breaking up at this years Wrestlemania and the Wyatt Family is still going strong. Then again, I don't know anything about this business because I've never been bullied by Hugh Morris.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:48 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
FrankDrebin wrote:

Having already burned the "pass out" angle (twice!) and Lana speaking for Rusev (ala, throw in the towel finish) give Cena the dirty win with a belt upsides Rusev's head. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:59 pm 

1 hour to go. 4 team tag title match and Andre the Giant battle royal on the kickoff show.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
They brought all the old guys in and did a NWO/DX thing, but Triple H beat Sting

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:08 pm 

reents wrote:
They brought all the old guys in and did a NWO/DX thing, but Triple H beat Sting

Not much of a wrestling match, but it was entertaining as hell. Ambrose got hurt in that ladder match.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They brought Sting in to have him lose to HHH at Wrestlemania? I'm no fan of Sting, but that's stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:29 pm 

Good Wrestlemania. Taker came back and look younger and in better shape; The Rock/Ronda Rousey v HHH/Steph was entertaining and sets up a future match; Cena v Rusev was meh but enjoyable; Brock lost the title in a manner that doesn't make him look weak and they gave the title to someone who has put in the singles work (Rollins) and lets Reigns develop for future title shots.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:19 pm 

I enjoyed it.

Rollins and Orton was a very good match.

HHH and Sting was different than I expected, but I like how they included all the NWO and DX guys, although I wonder how they decided which side Xpac would be on since he was part of both groups. It did not matter who won that match, it was the moment that was fun to see.

Rusev and Cena was meh.

Taker and Bray was better than I expected and Taker looked way better than he did last year. The year off did him a lot of good.

Loved the ending with Rollins winning while Brock still looking very strong.

I hope they have something big planned for Daniel Bryan. Last year he was on top of the world and this year he wins the IC strap.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
RFDC wrote:
I hope they have something big planned for Daniel Bryan. Last year he was on top of the world and this year he wins the IC strap.

well they're on a mission to use him and cena to try and make the IC and USA belts mean something (again?). i get that much, but hey your mileage may vary.

the best part of the night was that ronda rousey was wearing a vegeta IT'S OVER 9000!!!! shirt. if you would have told me that i would have seen ronda rousey in the ring like that and especially in a vegeta shirt i would have told you to fuck right off cuz i figured not only would dana not have allowed it, but comeon, i bet i'm the only dude on the board who owns a vegeta shirt. that was awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese