It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
As I have mentioned before,I stopped following the WWE on a weekly basis when Steve Austin left.
Last night while flipping channels I watched (live from Rosemont), John Cena vs. some bald guy with one name:Cesaro

I thought it was a great match with both contestants constantly breaking out of finishers. Should I start following it again? Are there other current great performers on the roster? I know there are still some Wrasslin' fans on here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's okay. Diehard wrestling fans are obnoxious now and have to bitch and moan all day about who should be getting a push instead of just enjoying the show for what it's worth. They still sellout arenas but for the most part the crowds are lifeless now. The young talent pool is better now than it has been in the last 10 years but the storylines are all the same. There isn't really anything we haven't seen before.

It's decent entertainment during your downtime but it will never be as good and big as the Attitude era.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Jimmy,

There is a lot of talent currently in WWE right now. Last night's show (especially the main event) was one of the better ones since Wrestlemania.

Cesaro is very good but has never been given a legitimate shot at an extended singles run. Seth Rollins (WWE Champion). Brock Lesnar (appears on a limited basis), Kevin Owens, Rusev, The Bella Twins, and Paige are just a few of the outstanding performers in the company right now.

The storylines and mic work are not at the same level as the Austin era, but the depth of talent is definitely better. If you have available time, try the WWE Network when they run their free month preview; check out Wrestlemania 31 and some NXT stuff. For cable tv, Raw on Mondays at 7pm Chicago time on USA and Smackdown at 7pm on Thursday with the ScyFy network.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:29 am 

Good live show in Chicago as always

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:30 am 

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpa1/v/t42.1790-2/11716598_1655337831354654_297869649_n.mp4?rl=1427&vabr=793&oh=0141463a3cef2e00a8f62b7c40f8775e&oe=559BF2C1

Chicago crowd sure loves John Cena :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hockey Gay wrote:
It's okay. Diehard wrestling fans are obnoxious now and have to bitch and moan all day about who should be getting a push instead of just enjoying the show for what it's worth.

It's always been this way. It was usually about Chris Benoit, of all people. Whoops.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 am 

I still watch it and enjoy it. You just gotta take it for what it is. It is never going to be the Attitude Era, and so if you are judging it based on that you are always going to be disappointed. I think it is the best it has been in the last few years.

I think there are several good personalities and wrestlers right now. Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Lesnar, Cesaro, Ziggler are all really good. Cena gets a lot of crap but he is still very good and draws a lot of support and heat from fans.

I do not care at all for the divas. I just ignore them completely.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
Wait for a free trial of WWE network. You can catch some of the recent PPV's and see if it's worth your while.

NXT is worth looking into. It's easy to follow, they have weekly shows but they're only an hour long and you can watch at your convenience. NXT tends to have a more logical and consistent flow to it than the main roster and the wrestling, at least from the top guys, is just as good as the WWE main roster.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm 

IMO if you like wrestling at all and especially if you like to watch old stuff the WWE Network is completely worth it. I have been recently watching all the old Raws from when it started. You can watch old PPVs from both WWE and WCW. They have the legends of wrestling shows that I love. They have old WCCW stuff. And on top of that you get all the PPVs. I think it is a great deal for 10 bucks a month. I would say there are very few evenings that I do not watch something on the network.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
I would say the network is worth the $10 even if you don't use it a lot. The monthly ppvs and the network exclusive events are already worth more than that, add in the archival content and I honestly don't know why every wrestling fan doesn't already have it.

The only reason I would suggest waiting on a free trial is that there seem to be so damned many of them. I've been a subscriber for less than a year and I swear there have already been 2 or 3 free months in that period. With Summer Slam coming up I can see another free month thing happening soon. Also, in my experience it's not the most reliable streaming service so a trial isn't a bad start.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I'm not a WWE fan; I'd always redirect you to somewhere that doesn't do the constant soap opera angles. That being said, they've bringing in some exciting indy talent of late. Rollins, Cesario, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn being examples.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Kevin Owens and John Cena are best weekly part of Raw. When Brock is on he's the greatest thing going. New Day was great and should have kept the belts. For some gay reason they took the belts off and gave them to the Prime Time Players...yes I see what I did there.

Usually with a 3 hour show I'll watch 30 mins tops.