It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Check This Sh*t Out
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 am 

Judy Bagwell on a Pole Match

New Blood Rising (2000)
via blip.tv
via blip.tv

Towards the end, WCW liked to put things on poles, seemingly everything but the Nitro Girls, which would have made the most sense. Luckily, Judy Bagwell wasn’t hung from an actual pole but she was lifted above the ring in a forklift in a match that saw Buff against Chris Kanyon and if Kanyon won, he also won the valet services of Judy Bagwell. While there have been plenty of matches over the years where the winner will get a valet, there was just no reason she had to be suspended on a forklift. Since all of this ridiculousness wasn’t ridiculous enough, former WCW champion, David Arquette, got involved, trying to help Kanyon.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
WCW had a special way of failing on something in such spectacular fashion.

Vader's White Castle of Fear

Ted Turner must've really loved him some wrasslin to foot the bill on this one. Stay to the end for a bonus promo from a young Lord Steven Regal before he was A Man's Man.

:lol:

These were Dusty's babies.

Came up with the ideas after waking up "in a cold thweat."

:lol: Great times. That music from Saturday night wrestling brings back so many memories

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Don Tiny wrote:
30 years ago today, Dusty cut his famous "Hard Times" promo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4MmynUrze8

"First of all, I would to thank the many, many fans throughout this country that wrote cards and letters to Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream, while I was down. Secondly, I want to thank Jim Crockett promotions for waitin’ and takin’ the time ‘cause I know how important it was, Starcade ‘85 it is to the wrestling fans, it is to Jim Crockett promotions, and Dusty Rhodes The American Dream. With that wait, I got what I wanted, Ric Flair the World’s Heavyweight Champion. I don’t have to say a whole lot more about the way I feel about Ric Flair; no respect, no honor. There is no honor amongst thieves in the first place.

He put hard times on Dusty Rhodes and his family. You don’t know what hard times are daddy. Hard times are when the textile workers around this country are out of work, they got 4 or 5 kids and can’t pay their wages, can’t buy their food. Hard times are when the auto workers are out of work and they tell ‘em to go home. And hard times are when a man has worked at a job for thirty years, thirty years, and they give him a watch, kick him in the butt and say “hey a computer took your place, daddy”, that’s hard times! That’s hard times! And Ric Flair you put hard times on this country by takin’ Dusty Rhodes out, that’s hard times. And we all had hard times together, and I admit, I don’t look like the athlete of the day supposed to look. My belly’s just a lil’ big, my heiny’s a lil’ big, but brother, I am bad. And they know I’m bad.

There were two bad people… One was John Wayne and he’s dead brother, and the other’s right here. Nature Boy Ric Flair, the World’s Heavyweight title belongs to these people. I’mma reach out right now, I want you at home to know my hand is touchin’ your hand for the gathering of the biggest body of people in this country, in this universe, all over the world now, reachin’ out because the love that was given me and this time I will repay you now. Because I will be the next World’s Heavyweight Champion on this hard time blues. Dusty Rhodes tour, ‘85.

And Ric Flair, Nature Boy… Let me leave you with this. One way to hurt Ric Flair, is to take what he cherishes more than anything in the world and that’s the World’s Heavyweight title. I’m gon’ take it, I been there twice. This time when I take it daddy, I’m gon’ take it for you. Let’s gather for it. Don’t let me down now, ‘cause I came back for you, for that man upstairs that died 10-12 years ago and never got the opportunity to see a real World’s Champion. And I’m proud of you, thank god I have you, and I love you. I love you!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:59 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Sid rockin the "Flip Flops of Doom" and attempted murder all in one vignette.

How much did it cost to produce these things?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Judy Bagwell on a Pole Match

New Blood Rising (2000)
via blip.tv
via blip.tv

Towards the end, WCW liked to put things on poles, seemingly everything but the Nitro Girls, which would have made the most sense. Luckily, Judy Bagwell wasn’t hung from an actual pole but she was lifted above the ring in a forklift in a match that saw Buff against Chris Kanyon and if Kanyon won, he also won the valet services of Judy Bagwell. While there have been plenty of matches over the years where the winner will get a valet, there was just no reason she had to be suspended on a forklift. Since all of this ridiculousness wasn’t ridiculous enough, former WCW champion, David Arquette, got involved, trying to help Kanyon.

:lol: :lol:

Good God was WCW tough to watch near the end.

To this day, if you ask Vince Russo about this he'll tell you with a straight face, that's this was genius and the wrestling world needs more of these types of angles today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Poor Big Ron Studd...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:38 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

That's Big Ron Reis as The Yeti.

Reis was trained by Big John Studd and was going to be a kayfabe son or nephew to John as they formed a tag team in WCW. Studd's declining health derailed that push. Then he became a member of Raven's Flock and is now most remembered for being on the receiving end of one of Goldberg's more famous Jackhammers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:03 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

A Young Cody Rhodes wrote:
I think that's Uncle Fred.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:04 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

A Young Cody Rhodes wrote:
I think that's Uncle Fred.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Fun fact ... if you watch when Sid is talking during the promo, you'll see Shockmaster gesturing along with him - because Fred initially thought Sid's voice was a voiceover for his character to be talking.

For your continued reading pleasure ...

"That (the glittered helmet) was just to keep my identity, keep me under wraps…The wall was increased in height…Mike Graham's the one who gave me the cue to go. I had the mask on, holes drilled in it, but then the glitter was coming through. So they took the secretary, cut off her panty hose, cut patches and glued them over the eye holes…That was to keep the glitter out of my eyes. Mike told me I had to bust the wood, bust the 5/8-inch sheetrock that made up the set; I had to hit it hard…Well, I busted it all the way to my knees, and just like a teeter-totter, I hit it so hard it blew me over the top of the bottom. Then the little helmet popped off, I turned away from the camera, and attempted to pop it back on my face, jump up, and do the promo. 'Cause I wasn't down there long, if you watch the video…Dusty Rhodes, he was there along with the rest of them. If you read their lips, there's some funny things being said…I was the one that was the most upset that night; it would have been like about a minimum of a 12-pack drive back to my house. I just got my stuff and when I was finished to head out the door, I pulled up to the Gorilla position, looked at Dusty, looked at Mike Graham, looked at the rest of them, shook my head, and walked out the door. There's no doing over a live deal. What it is is what it is."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:41 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Fun fact ... if you watch when Sid is talking during the promo, you'll see Shockmaster gesturing along with him - because Fred initially thought Sid's voice was a voiceover for his character to be talking.

For your continued reading pleasure ...

"That (the glittered helmet) was just to keep my identity, keep me under wraps…The wall was increased in height…Mike Graham's the one who gave me the cue to go. I had the mask on, holes drilled in it, but then the glitter was coming through. So they took the secretary, cut off her panty hose, cut patches and glued them over the eye holes…That was to keep the glitter out of my eyes. Mike told me I had to bust the wood, bust the 5/8-inch sheetrock that made up the set; I had to hit it hard…Well, I busted it all the way to my knees, and just like a teeter-totter, I hit it so hard it blew me over the top of the bottom. Then the little helmet popped off, I turned away from the camera, and attempted to pop it back on my face, jump up, and do the promo. 'Cause I wasn't down there long, if you watch the video…Dusty Rhodes, he was there along with the rest of them. If you read their lips, there's some funny things being said…I was the one that was the most upset that night; it would have been like about a minimum of a 12-pack drive back to my house. I just got my stuff and when I was finished to head out the door, I pulled up to the Gorilla position, looked at Dusty, looked at Mike Graham, looked at the rest of them, shook my head, and walked out the door. There's no doing over a live deal. What it is is what it is."

Shockmaster Debut

If you listen closely, once Uncle Fred fall through the wall you can hear Flair saying "Oh No...Who is this motherf**ker?" and Davey Boy Smith pipes in with "He fell flat on his f**kin ass."

Surprisingly, it's Sid who tries to save the segment by getting back on point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:46 pm 

:lol: that stuff is hilarious

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 pm 

God the 80s were fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:52 pm 

Blue Meanie brought up a good point when discussing The Shockmaster.

What was the ultimate plan? If he couldn't keep the helmet from falling off when he fell down, how in the hell was he going to participate in a match of anything else wrestling related?

Were they going to have him use it Vader style? If you do that, the problem then becomes everybody realizes it's Tugboat Thomas out there and you stop taking him seriously as a bad ass.

It was a Dusty production, so who the hell knows where it was all going to lead to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 pm 

Dusty was just looking for a "moment".

And he got a bigger one than he could've hoped for.

There wasn't any plan as to what would happen next. Hell they had Ole doing the voice backstage for Shockmaster's promo. An idea he'd used with years before with the Black Scorpion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:43 am 

Need a last minute Halloween costume?

Dye your hair blonde and provide your own face paint.

Just don't Trick or Treat with Abdullah The Butcher and or Cowboy Bob Orton while wearing this costume. Might have a medical situation on your hands if you do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:01 pm 

The Iron Sheik ✔@the_ironsheik
FOR THE HALLOWEEN I AM THE BIGGEST JABRONI OF THEM ALL #HappyHalloween

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:56 am 

11. Stewart Pain
Djdjo

Barry Darsow had a very nice career in wrestling. His most famous run was as Smash in the tag team Demolition, but he also managed to get some pretty atrocious gimmicks to respectable levels during his time. After all, this is the man who turned Repo Man into a credible threat. However, the gimmick with a suck he just couldn’t overpower was Stewart Pain. Some creative genius sat around trying to come up with ideas for characters and thought what the show needed was an evil golfer. So Darsow grabbed some clubs and tried to make the best of it.
The passing of golfer Payne Stewart led to the character’s name being changed to Mr. Hole-In-One Barry Darsow (and later “Putting” Barry Darsow) but it made little difference, as this golfer’s handicap was an awful gimmick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:52 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

11. Stewart Pain
Djdjo

Barry Darsow had a very nice career in wrestling. His most famous run was as Smash in the tag team Demolition, but he also managed to get some pretty atrocious gimmicks to respectable levels during his time. After all, this is the man who turned Repo Man into a credible threat. However, the gimmick with a suck he just couldn’t overpower was Stewart Pain. Some creative genius sat around trying to come up with ideas for characters and thought what the show needed was an evil golfer. So Darsow grabbed some clubs and tried to make the best of it.
The passing of golfer Payne Stewart led to the character’s name being changed to Mr. Hole-In-One Barry Darsow (and later “Putting” Barry Darsow) but it made little difference, as this golfer’s handicap was an awful gimmick.

A fixture on the dying days of WCW Saturday Night.

Come see Mr. Hole In One take on The Jungle Man Chuck Palumbo. We also have Kid Romeo going up against Angry Alan Funk, while our main event is the tag team of Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire vs. The Jung Dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:46 am 

I mean, I pretty much jsut search Worst WCW and there are like 50 lists. And each one has a few new hilarious entries

God Bless Jim Herd

Jim Cornette on Herd...

The best stupid idea that Jim Herd had, there is so many of them that we could go on and on, but the best one I ever heard was when he wanted to introduce the team of the Hunchbacks. I'm sitting there in a room, and Flair had already quit as booker and I was shortly after to follow, but I was still there. I was sitting there in a room, with Jim Barnett, Jim Ross, Jim Herd, Kevin Sullivan, myself, Jody Hamilton, Terry Funk may or may not have been there, and Ole Anderson. So, Jim Herd goes off on this ten minute soliloquy of how he has come up with the greatest idea for a tag team ever, the Hunchbacks. ‘They got the big hump on their back, you know, and ya' get ‘em in there and ya' can't pin ‘em, because they got the hump on their back. So, they are an unbeatable tag team and that's how we'll sell ‘em, you can't beat these guys, because they've got humps on their backs.' He was deadly serious, because remember, the Ding Dongs made it to television and that was Herd, so he was deadly serious about this. Finally, Ole let him get it all out of his system, and Ole, bless him, wrestling's cantankerous old man. He says, ‘All right, Jim, you book the Hunchbacks, build them up, they're undefeated. Then you book them with me and Arn. As soon as I tag in, I'm going to take one of them down, I'm going to slap an arm bar on him and I'm going to make him submit. He is going to give up. I just beat your unbeatable team.' ‘Well, god dammit, Ole, you know what I mean!'… Thankfully, the Hunchbacks did not make their appearance in WCW, but by the time Herd got finished with WCW it wouldn't have really mattered anyway…"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:06 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I mean, I pretty much jsut search Worst WCW and there are like 50 lists. And each one has a few new hilarious entries

God Bless Jim Herd

Jim Cornette on Herd...

The best stupid idea that Jim Herd had, there is so many of them that we could go on and on, but the best one I ever heard was when he wanted to introduce the team of the Hunchbacks. I'm sitting there in a room, and Flair had already quit as booker and I was shortly after to follow, but I was still there. I was sitting there in a room, with Jim Barnett, Jim Ross, Jim Herd, Kevin Sullivan, myself, Jody Hamilton, Terry Funk may or may not have been there, and Ole Anderson. So, Jim Herd goes off on this ten minute soliloquy of how he has come up with the greatest idea for a tag team ever, the Hunchbacks. ‘They got the big hump on their back, you know, and ya' get ‘em in there and ya' can't pin ‘em, because they got the hump on their back. So, they are an unbeatable tag team and that's how we'll sell ‘em, you can't beat these guys, because they've got humps on their backs.' He was deadly serious, because remember, the Ding Dongs made it to television and that was Herd, so he was deadly serious about this. Finally, Ole let him get it all out of his system, and Ole, bless him, wrestling's cantankerous old man. He says, ‘All right, Jim, you book the Hunchbacks, build them up, they're undefeated. Then you book them with me and Arn. As soon as I tag in, I'm going to take one of them down, I'm going to slap an arm bar on him and I'm going to make him submit. He is going to give up. I just beat your unbeatable team.' ‘Well, god dammit, Ole, you know what I mean!'… Thankfully, the Hunchbacks did not make their appearance in WCW, but by the time Herd got finished with WCW it wouldn't have really mattered anyway…"

He wanted Flair to become "Spartacus" with the helmet and everything.

In fairness to Herd, the one thing he was probably right on was wanting to make Scott Steiner champ, though some claim Scott turned him down so as not to leave his brother behind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

God Bless Jim Herd

Jim Cornette on Herd...

:lol: Love Cornette.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 pm 

One time Green Bay Packer I believe. No not the kid, the Narcissist.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

JBL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:14 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, they're burning a copy of either the Wrestling Observer or the PW Torch.

Oh, and killer boots on Hogan, man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next